Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Visual enhancements?

Pics or gtfo :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Visual enhancements?

Pics or gtfo :P

Oh no, not yet..... Patience is a virtue ;)

So I'll gladly FO and continue to get bladdered :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

dgt wrote: »

That we don't have! :pac:

He got yellow plates lads

/thread :pac:

He got yellow plates lads

/thread :pac:

Nope! :p

• Advertisement

Nope! :p

Well, I've all the time in the world to wait so take your time!

My bet is the front has been lowered to match the back.

Ded_Zebra wrote: »

New boot mounted aerial?

Also, seeing as it technically today...

Today I shall be washing the lovely present - that the kind scrotebag valued member of our community left for me on the rear of my car- off with the nearest and strongest powerhose I can find

Sadly not! There is a 406 knocking around Newry where the springs are just like mine at the back but the front is standard. When myself and 166man saw it we couldn't stop laughing :D

The main reason for not getting a snap of the extra felting was I plain forgot! :o

My last guess but I think this is it :D

Merc wheels?

• Advertisement

My last guess but I think this is it :D

Merc wheels?

I wish I wish!!! Still trying to source adapters, near impossible to find..... A set of 4 for €150 with about 40mm spaced made seems to be the best option! :cool:

Plus I need to source 2 more Algenibs.... And 20 bolts.... And 205/55R16's.... And more money....! Tis a pipedream but someday ;)

Nah, I'll spill.... 4 deflectors :)

Ahhh 'Felty:pac:

You'll need to get some proper rally shtyle ground scraping mud flaps next:D

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭kilianmanning

I wish I wish!!! Still trying to source adapters, near impossible to find..... A set of 4 for €150 with about 40mm spaced made seems to be the best option! :cool:

Plus I need to source 2 more Algenibs.... And 20 bolts.... And 205/55R16's.... And more money....! Tis a pipedream but someday ;)

Yaaay felt :D;):p

• Registered Users Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Mar4ix wrote: »
    did you use grease ?
    Yep. A bit of copper grease. :)
    why ?
    To prevent squeaks.
    my avensis have some squeak when going slowly over bumps, would dry bushing cause that ? [...]
    It is possible.

Violá :D
    Image773.jpg

Image774.jpg

Nice and subtle :) Peugeot supplied some of these cars new with awful looking deflectors! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,508 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Violá :D
    [...]

Nice and subtle :) [...]
    Heko?

joujoujou wrote: »
    Heko?

Some eyes for parts! :cool:

They are indeed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

Today I had to bleed the Brakes as I think some air got in the lines when I done the Pads yesterday.
    9175240456_a45b3b0788_c.jpg IMAG1254

My guess was right some air got in.
    The Brakes are now incredibly good, very responsive.

That's shocking looking fluid!!!! :eek::eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 659 ✭✭✭Katunga

It's not that bad just the angle of the pic makes it look worse. The dirt on the ground under it makes it look worse.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,575 ✭✭✭166man

Hehehe :pac:

A small project I'm in the middle of with the aul van.

I attend a few music festivals over the summers and due to an experience in Mitchelstown last August which involved our tent being washed away, I had to sleep in the van. I don't know why I never thought of this before as it is much more comfortable than a tent. But the thing is, the van was manky. I mean really filthy from the previous owner. I had most of the dirt covered with carpet. I spent all day Thursday cleaning out compost, tar and just general dirt from the back of it. It was underneath the big rubber mat that came with the van.

I decided to "do it up" for this summers festivals. I put my carpentry skills to the test and ply lined the floor and boxed in the wheel arches. I plan on incorporating some sort of removable double bed and storage as the van has replaced tent camping indefinitely. Still a bit more work to do (insulate, and ply the roof and upper panels, wire for AUX battery, 12V lighting and outlet, sound system, maybe 230V system, sort out rust at the boot latch, fit a vent of some sort, a lick of paint and fit the alarm system I bought over a year ago :rolleyes:). It will be a small camper van if thats the right way to describe it, with an easy option of converting it back into a normal van when needed.

People think I'm mad going to the bother of doing it, but as I am without a car for now, I need some sort of project to work on! :D

Will keep ye updated if ye want.

shaaane wrote: »
    A small project I'm in the middle of with the aul van.

I attend a few music festivals over the summers and due to an experience in Mitchelstown last August which involved our tent being washed away, I had to sleep in the van. I don't know why I never thought of this before as it is much more comfortable than a tent. But the thing is, the van was manky. I mean really filthy from the previous owner. I had most of the dirt covered with carpet. I spent all day Thursday cleaning out compost, tar and just general dirt from the back of it. It was underneath the big rubber mat that came with the van.

I decided to "do it up" for this summers festivals. I put my carpentry skills to the test and ply lined the floor and boxed in the wheel arches. I plan on incorporating some sort of removable double bed and storage as the van has replaced tent camping indefinitely. Still a bit more work to do (insulate, and ply the roof and upper panels, wire for AUX battery, 12V lighting and outlet, sound system, maybe 230V system, sort out rust at the boot latch, fit a vent of some sort, a lick of paint and fit the alarm system I bought over a year ago :rolleyes:). It will be a small camper van if thats the right way to describe it, with an easy option of converting it back into a normal van when needed.

People think I'm mad going to the bother of doing it, but as I am without a car for now, I need some sort of project to work on! :D

Will keep ye updated if ye want.

Please do, this is the kind of stuff I've grown to love on this thread

Please do, this is the kind of stuff I've grown to love on this thread

I will indeed. I have most of the materials to finish it off but the only thing holding me back is the weather.

The van isin't the prettiest looking but I put a lot of effort into getting her mechanically sound so she should go for another few years. She failed the DOE in February on a list of problems as long as my arm. I fixed everything myself in the drive way over a week or so for very small money and she sailed through the re-test. I originally planned on having the van for 3 months and selling it then. That was in May 2012. I know they're not the most desirable vans (Nissan Vanette) but it does what I want it to do, cost very little money from purchase price to maintenance (700ish overall), is a piece of pi$$ to work on and owes me nothing. Its amazing how handy it is to have a van!

shaaane wrote: »
    I will indeed. I have most of the materials to finish it off but the only thing holding me back is the weather.

The van isin't the prettiest looking but I put a lot of effort into getting her mechanically sound so she should go for another few years. She failed the DOE in February on a list of problems as long as my arm. I fixed everything myself in the drive way over a week or so for very small money and she sailed through the re-test. I originally planned on having the van for 3 months and selling it then. That was in May 2012. I know they're not the most desirable vans (Nissan Vanette) but it does what I want it to do, cost very little money from purchase price to maintenance (700ish overall), is a piece of pi$$ to work on and owes me nothing. Its amazing how handy it is to have a van!

But that's it, like everyone on this does (apart from dgt and a select few) typical car things, I find it interesting because I learn a lot from it, but then every so often someone like yourself comes along and does something totally out of the ordinary

• Moderators Posts: 12,363 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Hard act to follow....

I just checked my tracking number of my footwell lights vectra recommended and they're in Dublin. On route to customer as of 11.45 this morning.
    Hopefully all goes smoothly when I try fit em in.

Hard act to follow....

I just checked my tracking number of my footwell lights vectra recommended and they're in Dublin. On route to customer as of 11.45 this morning.
    Hopefully all goes smoothly when I try fit em in.

Delivery!
    IMAG0390.jpg

Me again. :rolleyes:

Another years insurance paid for. €150 cheaper than other insurers and so much for equality of sexes. I put my gf on the insurance and it was €18 cheaper.:D

Rent, insurance and full tank of Diesel today. Ouch :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭dh0011

Changed oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs on the avensis - she is like a new machine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Paired this a week or so ago - but it may help someone on here:

I've spent a few months (obviously not at the one time) researching the various bits of this - from the key blade, to the chip type, etc..I already had a spare purchased [overpriced IMO] from a local locksmith but wasn't happy with its clumsy look and found that the mk3 owners has successfully programmed keys themselves.

Before I go into all the boring bits, and all I've researched and found I'll post the quick fix to this...it works 100% with 99/00 mk2 sw20 MR2 Revision 5 but should work with the Rev4 (and possibly Rev 3's)

A perquisite is that you have the black master key for this, if you've only got the grey key it's a no go. :(

Here is the key pair programming instructions:
    Turning the ignition to on does NOT TURNING OVER ENGINE unless stated below.

NOTE: Contrary to what Toyota states, the security LED on the dash didn't come on and there was no notification that the pairing was successful, just the new key now starts the car

Starting Conditions:
    -Vehicle Unlocked
    -All doors closed
    -No key in igntion lock

Insert a programmed black master key (Current Key) into the ignition lock

Carry out the following within 15 seconds:
    Turn the igntion on/off four times
    Turn the igntion back to on (fifth time)

Carry out the following within 20 seconds:
    Open & close the drivers door six times

Carry out the following within 10 seconds:
    Remove the key (working one) from the Igntion lock

Carry out the following within 10 seconds:
    Insert the key to be programmed into the ignition lock (NEW KEY)
    Turn the Ignition lock on and leave for at least 80 seconds.

Remove the key from ignition lock.

Open and close drivers door to complete the process (IMPORTANT)

I Got the 4C Key (TOY41 Blade) for $10.50 Delivered from the below seller (http://www.ecutool.com) on aliepxress

http://www.aliexpress.com/snapshot/212243579.html

tu9s.jpg

The Locksmith -vs- Toyota -vs- The Clone

jn4e.jpg

9n54.jpg

13k3.jpg

There is 2 keys available from Toyota Directly:

ma9v.jpg

89785-17020 - TRANSPONDER KEY MASTER

89786-17020 - TRANSPONDER KEY SUB (Valet ???????)

Both are the same price but the sub im guessing doesnt open boot or has access to program further keys!

The Boring Stuff (about the immobiliser):

o7j5.jpg

System Diagram

e0my.jpg

System Location (rough guide! [for mr2] )

8vbd.jpg

Toyotas Take on this:

9hm0.jpg

...a reason why the door switch is crucial to this process

abau.jpg

...and thats it ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement