Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

Not today but on Saturday I stripped most of my engine, removed my EGR valve and the EGR pipe to decarbonise both. It was a lot of work but the car now runs smoother, is more responsive and feels a lot better :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,998 ✭✭✭cena

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    The Firebird?

It's in the country many years now.

There's a couple for sale here at the moment for small money but both need work and paint.

Ya the firebird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 560 ✭✭✭wesf

Not today but on Saturday I stripped most of my engine, removed my EGR valve and the EGR pipe to decarbonise both. It was a lot of work but the car now runs smoother, is more responsive and feels a lot better :D

i did the same on sunday :D
    although i removed the egr valve and pipe and left them off, blanking off the holes. car definitely seems more free flowing and a bit livlier on acceleration

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

wesf wrote: »
    i did the same on sunday :D
    although i removed the egr valve and pipe and left them off, blanking off the holes. car definitely seems more free flowing and a bit livlier on acceleration

What car have you got? A lot of the time this can cause a CEL to come on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,525 ✭✭✭Daniel S

Ya, V6 Landcruiser. 4.5ltr engine with an after market 60ltr LPG tank.
    Is tax cheaper with LPG?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

Dropped my E60 Spyder alloys into Wheel Wizards for a refurb.
    If they come back anything like Voodoomelon's alloys for his E38, I'll be thrilled.
    Find out on Friday...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

ongarite wrote: »
    Dropped my E60 Spyder alloys into Wheel Wizards for a refurb.
    If they come back anything like Voodoomelon's alloys for his E38, I'll be thrilled.
    Find out on Friday...

Let me know how you get on need to get mine done soon.

What's the damage price wise?

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭kuro2k

Not today but I removed the hardtop on Friday :D

P6011418.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭GalwayKiefer

Daniel S wrote: »
    Is tax cheaper with LPG?

Sorry I misread the question. I don't think so in Ireland and it makes no difference over here - they're only interested in the engine size/cylinders.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭ongarite

Let me know how you get on need to get mine done soon.

What's the damage price wise?
    I'll post a pic when I get them back.
    Costing around €95/rim for 19".

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

And on Sunday you tightened your jubilee clip ... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

i was going to service my car with my two days off. Poxy rain!

60 odd euro for the service kit, and €50 euro for an airflow that still doesn't work :(

Needs to be reset, i'd imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,412 ✭✭✭andyseadog

so while i had the manky boot carpet out washing it (last update)

heres a quick before

photo05012.jpg

i decided to give the wheelwell and spare a clean out, getting all the gravel and usual ****e out of the wheelwell, washed the spare and washed and polished the wheelwell inside too. its quite scuffed and scratched so i was going to give it a coat of matte black but thought it might take away from the originality somewhat...

photo05092.jpg

photo05102.jpg

found "the Travelling Wilburys" on CD while i had the back seat out cleaning under it :pac: .

photo05112.jpg

the boot carpet laid back down and the plastics polished, still one or two greasy stains on the carpet but compared to its pre-clean state its way better, and i never use the boot so feck it :P

photo05242.jpg

gave the cabin filter a clean out, heres a before shot (may have mentioned that in a previous update)

photo05182.jpg

painted my horn red, a bit boy racer but hey!

photo05232.jpg

had some mats from my old SR corolla that i kept, they were only in the car around a month, fit the glanza rather well :)

photo05372.jpg

photo05382.jpg

then got a new set of front wipers today, €13.50 for an 18" and 20" bosch blade, how could you be without!

photo05412u.jpg

then a pic of it the other evening after a long days polishing

photo05392.jpg

then driving home from my girlfriends the following morning, i had to pull in to admire and snap a pic of the beading before the car got filthy on the country roads :(

photo05402.jpg

and lastly, on the cars advert it said "just recently taxed", great i said and never questioned it, and when i met the owner and bought the car he told me again it had just been taxed... great i thought, a little deal sweetner, 3 months tax :) so imagine my surprise when this arrived in the post, 6 months tax :D :cool: i know its only like €150 quids worth or something but still!

photo05122.jpg

**** it anyway, first half of the update is on the previous page :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

andyseadog wrote: »

You have her looking great man, well wear!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Nice clean chariot there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,186 ✭✭✭BUBBLE WRAP

Class, Your keeping her spotless. :)

Class, Your keeping her spotless. :)

thanks :D must admit the weather is against me though :mad: its undergoing a prolonged de-ionised water rinse at the moment... aka getting rained on like ****.

and before its said, yup i do go a lot of places with my front fogs on, too bad :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭franksm

Nice bit of water beading there ^^
    :D

• Advertisement

thanks :D must admit the weather is against me though :mad: its undergoing a prolonged de-ionised water rinse at the moment... aka getting rained on like ****.

and before its said, yup i do go a lot of places with my front fogs on, too bad :pac:

Keep her JDM... ;)

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 23,157 Mod ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Fixed;)

Savage looking motor. Looks really clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Rustproofed the sills today - Bilt Hamber Dynamax S50 arrived from cleancar.ie, already treated with Hammerite Kurust last week.

img1124qp.jpg

BEFORE:

img1123qc.jpg

AFTER (Still wet in Pic!):

img1129ad.jpg

Will check the driver side sill when I get a chance and add some for good measure, but the foam was clear on drivers side so it'll keep!

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Jimdagym

Glanza looks great Andy.
    Whats the craic with blanking the reg on your tax disc, when the photo directly above it clearly shows your reg though? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

Put standard springs and dampers back on the, er, new car :pac:

For obvious reasons!
    Image2082.jpg
    Image2083.jpg
    Image2085.jpg

And another post in a few days when they're swapped onto the blue machine :cool: I don't know how but I managed to get all 4 Bravos in the pics :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Experimented with some coding today, inside away from the rain.

c1-1.jpg

Great fun playing around with the coding options, I set the doors to lock after moving off, activated DRLs, memory seats and mirrors move on opening the door and decreased the volume of the rear park distance speaker.
    c2-1.jpg

ABS lights are on, so need to pull codes for that tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Great fun playing around with the coding options, I set the doors to lock after moving off, activated DRLs, memory seats and mirrors move on opening the door and decreased the volume of the rear park distance speaker.

What program are you using?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

BMW's SSS/Progman.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Tell me, is it possible to enable the seatbelt / lights on when no key in ignition gong with this?
    And also, can the EU BMW Alarm have the same "beep-beep" when unlocking the car that the US spec has?

Just see the video to see what I mean:
    0:17
    0:30
    0:37

• Advertisement

Thats class, Never seen that before, Is that the same way you map/remap a car? I presume you need some software for the remap though?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement