Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

The "Today I did something to my car" thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

Top Dog wrote: »
    Ah no! I didn't - did I? :o Let me guess - you were in your Passat at some point? Solly Corkie :o

Dont be Solly at all...:D

I could be driving anything really from a car to a truck or a bus..:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Spacers and K&N Panel Filter ordered. That concludes todays purchases.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,931 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

JerCotter7 wrote: »
    Wow that is a brilliant price. Did you check the price for the adjustable ones?

Literally double the price per shock for adjustable Koni sports, which I'd assume were the next cheapest ones.

Fronts are £154.83 and rears are £92.16 each

Blistein B6 fronts were £223 each...:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭no1beemerfan

I now live the guts of 60 miles or more from the home place so rang the motor factors to drop out the stuff to service the micra to the father's and got them off him on friday. Never checked them until today while in the middle of servicing it to see I was given the wrong sparkplugs. At least the oil and filter were ok! Also put new wipers on it and changed the brake fluid and adjusted the rear shoes. Not sure if the brakes will go through NCT as its '98 and everything is original and the pads and shoes were a bit shiny so I've sanded them a wee bit and can feel an improvement.

On the sparkplugs....Dad called into the motor factors to change them for the correct ones and the motor factors said the ones I was given were correct, just a newer version.

I've always used Denso K16PR-U11 (which is the ONLY one listed on Denso's website for the car) and I've been given Denso K16TT which I can't find out anything about except for a seller on ebay who has the K11 as been compatible for K16TTs he is selling. But what confuses me is I can't find what cars it fits on Denso's website.

Should I put them in or is the motor factors wrong?

Would anyone know?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

I said.....
    When are ya installing them laad?

• Advertisement

I said.....
    Impatient fecker, aint ya? :D

Going to replace the rear strut mounts while I'm swapping over things, it'd be pointless using the old ones, which means I need to wait until I get those from bmw... in about 20 different pieces

138.png

Blind/lazy fecker, aint ya?!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭eringobragh

Took b4ss's advice and stuck back the seals (his leaked even when new till he stuck them down)..drip was completely solved one side but coming and going the other although not as bad until the last few days where theres been constant rain and i'm sick of these leaks.

I've begun to accept the fact that I will have to get new seals eventually but for now I'm putting it on the long finger.

Solution for now: Eccentric Rod Kit..most people in the MR2 world would have heard of these. They basically change the offset of the TBAR roofs guides giving a tighter seal.

From Mr.T you'll need:

4 x 63283-17040 N/STOCK GUIDE = €4.15 each (ex VAT)
    4 x 90159-40209 SCREW, WASHER = €0.81 each (ex VAT)

The screws are optional but I just got them as its handier having something you know that fits:

Fitting takes around 10mins per TBar glass at a steady pace and the difference is immediately noticeable.
    There is a bit of small force need to close the glass and there is very little gap between the seals now.

img0466large.jpg

Difference between OEM guide and Eccentric Rod Kit

img0478large.jpg

TBar Glass

img0468large.jpg

Panel Stripped and see screw guides infront of OEM guids

img0472large.jpg

New Guides with screws

img0483large.jpg

A stowaway that has been getting free lifts for the last few years!!

img0486large.jpg

Seal (Siliconed down a while ago) as per b4ss advice

img8876large.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭Mar4ix

Got her. yepp, got a car. ... that one -> http://www.adverts.ie/car/toyota/avensis/1998-toyota-avensis-for-sale/1540429
    well... ex owner says brocken lock and boot shocks are reflected in to price, but he "forgot" reflect 4 new tyres, 4 shockabsorbers, knuckle and steering rod to replace (just guess from sounds of steering wheel), broken rear left door window mechanism, leaking boot seal, fecken ducks may live there, and other bits ... like some bulbs, broken black stripe on side doors from both side(never could understand, whow people mangae brake them), scraped rear left quarter, electric mirrors no workin .... etc.

Reason why i took her, 12 years in Ireland imported from uk in 2000, and owned by one family, regulary serviced(hope so, from granies words), new battery, engine, brakes and habdbrake are good, gearbox and clutch still strong, new shiny exhaust from cat back.... and of course it have 5 doors, what i was after for long while.

mighth somebody can explain, why while driving, temp guouge drops from middle to botom 3 querter, like it getting cold.

ta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,730 ✭✭✭E39MSport

Going to replace the rear strut mounts while I'm swapping over things, it'd be pointless using the old ones, which means I need to wait until I get those from bmw... in about 20 different pieces

Hi.

They're reasonably straightforward to assemble but word of advice (from experience - and sorry if this was already your intention)... when disassembling the original, make sure you line up everything as it's coming off so you know how to assemble the new one.

It's easy to put some of the new parts in upside down especially curved washers etc. :)

(just re-read that, what I mean is to line up the parts on the ground in order with the correct orientation) like an exploded diagram above.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

Decided to PlastiDip my front grilles last night. Lil bit of drama and what not, but here are some storybook like photo's of the progress and finished result. :)

img0833m.th.jpg

img0840e.th.jpg

img0839g.th.jpg

img0844ie.th.jpg

img0841ti.th.jpg

img0846rjk.th.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

no pictures yet but i took out the glovebox and the radio/aircon controls on the gfs ibiza yesterday. finally think ive found the solution to her problems with it, tuck the wires out the back in behind the glovebox so it fits all snug now and managed to accidently carbon wrap her centre console while i was at it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

no pictures yet but i took out the glovebox and the radio/aircon controls on the gfs ibiza yesterday. finally think ive found the solution to her problems with it, tuck the wires out the back in behind the glovebox so it fits all snug now and managed to accidently carbon wrap her centre console while i was at it. :D

:pac::pac::pac: I think you may have a problem, an intervention might be in order soon :).

she asked for it :pac:

seriously though, its the most horrible interior ive ever seen besides old jap cars. rough, hard plastic everywhere and it scratches so easily too. i had to intervene!

Mar4ix wrote: »

mighth somebody can explain, why while driving, temp guouge drops from middle to botom 3 querter, like it getting cold.

ta

The thermostat is stuck open, so with the cooling effect on the rad the temp of the coolant cools. The stat should open and close to maintain the temp at the stat set point ish :)

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

Well I am surprised... You only wrapped the center console?:eek:

yeah, the handles are fascia are already done. got red carbon wrap yesterday so im gonna experiment with that on her car! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭JerCotter7

I should get you to wrap my center console. But I'd probably come back to see the new improved CF headlights. They are lighter than glass.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,450 ✭✭✭blastman

Replaced the broken bulb in one of the rear number plate lights at 11pm last night in the rain, in preparation for the NCT on Saturday. I need my head examined....

E39MSport wrote: »
    Hi.

They're reasonably straightforward to assemble but word of advice (from experience - and sorry if this was already your intention)... when disassembling the original, make sure you line up everything as it's coming off so you know how to assemble the new one.

It's easy to put some of the new parts in upside down especially curved washers etc. :)

(just re-read that, what I mean is to line up the parts on the ground in order with the correct orientation) like an exploded diagram above.

Hi? :pac:

I tend to do a bit of research into things before doing them, saves time later instead of scratching your head! So I had come across that piece of advice already, but thanks anyway :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Replaced the tow-bar light socket after it literally came off in my hand earlier.

got alloy wheels today for my toyota :) from here - http://www.adverts.ie/car-parts-accessories/15-alloy-wheels/1402530

yes, price is right :)

4 hours trip from dublin to Limerick and back. 400 km. with wifes vw polo 1.6 diesel. around 20 l diesel. was first time in Limerick city. fascinated about road. direct motorway from dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,511 ✭✭✭✭vectra

^^ That was a worthwhile trip

vectra wrote: »
    ^^ That was a worthwhile trip

indeed, guy was selling those alloys for a month, nobody wanted, until me got toyota :pac:

Bought an amp. Mtx thunder x704 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

was first time in Limerick city. fascinated about road. direct motorway from dublin.

welcome to the outside world :)

welcome to the outside world :)

yes, actually my rubbish tom tom navigation brought me outside world, when i decided follow him, not a signs, that bloody thing brought me over mountains, some little backroads, and number times tried convice me turn in to ditch, where is no road at all . I was glad when saw first sign - M7.

Hope so wheels goin fit... looks massive. i goin put 205/55 R15 tires, what i have for a while in shed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

yes, actually my rubbish tom tom navigation brought me outside world, when i decided follow him, not a signs, that bloody thing brought me over mountains, some little backroads, and number times tried convice me turn in to ditch, where is no road at all . I was glad when saw first sign - M7.

Hope so wheels goin fit... looks massive. i goin put 205/55 R15 tires, what i have for a while in shed.

Dublin to Limerick - M7, that's about it. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

Collected mine from Retrocars. Had it up being undersealed and cavity waxed. Very spiffing underneath now!

• Advertisement

ottostreet wrote: »
    Collected mine from Retrocars. Had it up being undersealed and cavity waxed. Very spiffing underneath now!

Link?

How much did it cost?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement