Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

lala88 wrote: »
    teednab-el wrote: »
    Frank and the CCB. That is history now and its over with, there has been strikes in other counties too as well that you somehow failed to bring up.

Name another county that have gone on strike 3 times?

I didn't say a county that went on strike 3 times I said a county that went on strike.

We have the Indian sign over Tipp in Pairc UI chaoimh. They have only won there twice in like 80 years.

How many times have they played each other there in the last 80 years?

They played enough times that there was a statistic in the paper there a few weeks ago. Tipp have only won there twice.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

They played enough times that there was a statistic in the paper there a few weeks ago. Tipp have only won there twice.

When they won there last it was only the third of fourth time they had played since Tipps last win so not that good of a ststistic

I didn't say a county that went on strike 3 times I said a county that went on strike.

Ya i know other counties have gone on strike but none more then Cork. They set the precedent that if your not doing well there always someone to take the blame for it and if you dont get what you want then you strike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Ya i know other counties have gone on strike but none more then Cork. They set the precedent that if your not doing well there always someone to take the blame for it and if you dont get what you want then you strike
    They were right to strike with the county board being eejits

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

yomtea98 wrote: »

Some people just can't understand that point.

Great to see you are naive and that you know all the goings on that caused the Cork players to go on strike. Good on you take a bow.

When they won there last it was only the third of fourth time they had played since Tipps last win so not that good of a ststistic

It goes to show that they haven't won that often there and that won't change tomorrow either :D.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Lads and ladies the strike is well over, and is not at all relevant - so please drop the matter. We should have moved on from it by now

*mod hat off

Looking forward to tomorrow - Eoin Kelly on the bench could have a big impact coming on, and will lift the Tipp team. Not surprised regarding the goalkeeping choice - nice to see some new names among the subs as well

• Closed Accounts Posts: 257 ✭✭BINKY NIPPER

Expecting a classic tomorrow with Cork to come out the victors

• Advertisement

yomtea98 wrote: »

Sure it was all the county board fault keep telling yourself that....

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Judging by the lack of posts here, everyone must be at the game! :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Judging by the lack of posts here, everyone must be at the game!

Afraid not:(...but I am enjoying it too much to type:D

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Afraid not:(...but I am enjoying it too much to type:D

Some game so far!

Two goal chances for Cork not taken so far

21mins gone and all the Cork forwards have scored from play - must be some record!

Some fantastic scores taken by the Cork forwards - Horgan and Cronin with two outstanding points

HT Cork 0-14 v 0-12 Tipp

Great game of hurling so far, hugely enjoyable.
    Cork backs are under alot of pressure and will probably be under more in the second half.
    We seem to be giving away too much ball for my liking but some of the scoring by both teams is seriously good.
    We've had the better of the goal attempts, Sweetnam and Coughlan really should have shot lower while Cummins basically dropped the ball into the goal - untouched-but was simply blessed that the ref gave a free out for a square ball.

I think we will need at least one goal to win it. Lar is on but the Tip forwards were playing well before he came on!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Cork missed pretty much no point attempts in the first half, be tough to keep that level of accuracy up throughout. If they do it'll be damn close.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭BQQ

Cork's forwards and midfield putting serious pressure on Tipp.

Wouldn't criticise Sweetnam, but Coughlan should've got the goal.

Square ball - lucky for Tipp or stupid from Cronin? Bit of both IMO.

More stupidity from Cronin now with the yellow card.
    Got involved in the incident before the throw-in too IIRC. Lucky he wasn't on yellow already

More than balanced out by stupidity of John O'Brien now. red card

• Advertisement

Tip go goal ahead - now we'll see what Cork are made of.

Now Tip down to 14 ....interesting.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭BQQ

Cork making the extra man count.
    Back level and should go on to win

Spoke too soon.
    How are Tipp forwards finding so much space?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭barneygumble99

tipp three points up with less than ten minutes left , cork giving away too many easy scores. good game of hurling, high intensity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

Great match

It goes to show that they haven't won that often there and that won't change tomorrow either :D.

Who's fault is it today?

Cork 0-24 v 1-22 Tipp

33k enjoyed a cracker down the pairc. The goal i felt we needed never arrived.
    We really should have won that game, it was there for the taking. Disappointing but a very enjoyable game nonetheless. That game will bring on Cork no end.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Who's fault is it today?

Stop being a retard.

Who's fault is it today?

Christ almighty - after a game like that you come in with a cheap shot like that- classy fella:rolleyes:

Drop it immediately lads - I'll start banning people if this continues, no need for it

• Advertisement

Great game by Cork - made some very bad mistakes in the last ten minutes, reminiscent of the Munster final v Waterford when Mullane was sent off. Cork backs persisted in flaking the ball long into the forwards who were not winning the ball and lost by a point in a thriller of a game. Had Cork worked the ball better today, and found men in space, running at the Tipp defense, they would have created three or four scoring chances, which in the end would be the difference between winning and losing.

Great credit is due to the team in putting in a much better performance after that mauling in the league final - great work rate from the forwards especially. Two goal chances went astray from Cork - vital to be taking them in future. A number of championship starters today did show well, which is positive to see - Paudie O Sullivan shows once again his fantastic stickwork. I've no doubt that Cork will learn from today - look at how much JBM and the management team learned from the league final

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement