Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 802 ✭✭✭Rebel1977

I think Gardiner should have come on in 2nd half on Sunday.

Although I think going through back door will help Cork. Extra games cant be bad thing. Once we win them of course.

Gardiner is past it, strange he was not introduced on sunday man i would start against Offaly would be Joyce he looks like a great player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Rebel1977 wrote: »
    Gardiner is past it, strange he was not introduced on sunday man i would start against Offaly would be Joyce he looks like a great player.
    Who would you drop?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,249 ✭✭✭slingerz

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Who would you drop?

Cadogan is playing for the footballers the day after

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Anyone heading for Limerick sunday?

The crowd will be tiny me thinks with both counties hurlers on this weekend too.

I'm heading up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Emmet Ryan

Yeah it's a little surprising they didn't try to double-header one of the hurling games with it and play it in a home venue. Going neutral may be fairer but it'll kill the crowd.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

SeaFields wrote: »
    Anyone heading for Limerick sunday?

The crowd will be tiny me thinks with both counties hurlers on this weekend too.

I'm heading up :)
    I'm also heading up to Limerick on Sunday. Got a ticket for the city end terrace but with reports of very poor ticket sales I could end up on my own in the terrace,lol!

I'm hoping for a good Cork performance and a good win on Sunday but I expect this Clare team to come out with all guns blazing so Cork need to be playing at their best to ensure no huge shock.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Emmet Ryan wrote: »
    Yeah it's a little surprising they didn't try to double-header one of the hurling games with it and play it in a home venue. Going neutral may be fairer but it'll kill the crowd.

Bizarre how for the Leinster football championship crowd/revenue maximization is all important to the point that Dublin play >3% of their matches away from home yet the Munster Council are going to more or less embarrass the players involved in their flagship event by sending them out to play in front of a smattering of spectators in the interest of "fairness".

keane2097 wrote: »
    Bizarre how for the Leinster football championship crowd/revenue maximization is all important to the point that Dublin play >3% of their matches away from home yet the Munster Council are going to more or less embarrass the players involved in their flagship event by sending them out to play in front of a smattering of spectators in the interest of "fairness".

I thought there was a home and away deal for Cork and Clare ? Didnt we play Clare in Cork last year ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Cork 1-26 v 2-16 Offaly

Offaly certainly put it up to Cork tonight but we got there in the end with 7 points to spare. This Cork team will definitely benefit from another close enough game.
    Wexford or Limerick next.

Looking forward to seeing the footballers tomorrow. Clare will be buoyed by their hurlers performance tonight but will surely fall short after 70mins by 8 to 10 points.

Midfield is a problem both midfielders taken off again tonight. Cian Mc looked very impressive to be fair Joyce looked solid at no 6. Strong bench now with likes of Luke, Niall, Naughton all came on. Good to see.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭paddy978

Emmet Ryan wrote: »

The reason its not double headed AFAIK is that the football is run by the Munster council but the hurling by central council so thered be complications with the gate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

All most an exact replica of last yrs Offaly/Cork game with a the physicality of a v limited Offaly causing Cork all sort of problems.PO'S ,JC were embarrassingly bad and yet almost last the full term. Are Cork making any progress?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

All most an exact replica of last yrs Offaly/Cork game with a the physicality of a v limited Offaly causing Cork all sort of problems.PO'S ,JC were embarrassingly bad and yet almost last the full term. Are Cork making any progress?

They need these type of games in order to gain championship experience. I fully expect Cork to put in a better shift next time out.
    Progress? I'll wait till they get knocked out before commenting on the level of progress made this year.

I thought they were during the league but league final has set us back, Lehane has been a shadow of himself if you compare league to championship, same applies to Sweetnam. Cork still work in progress thou just hope we don't meet the cats this year.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Cork not surprisingly well up, 3-7 to 0-7 in the Munster final

Cork 3-07 v 0-07 Clare at HT

Happy enough to be so far ahead at ht. The first 2 goals were very well taken while the 3rd was worked well but had a look of square ball about it.
    Playing at a tempo that should make the 2nd half fairly comfortable. I think Kerrigan is putting in a large anount of effort both on and off the ball. All 6 forwards have scored and should continue in that vain. All of Corks scores coming from play - which is great to see, a few early subs in the second half if things continue as they are.
    The defence have been opened up a few times but it's no harm for them to be kept on their toes.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Only watching the game now - Clare walted through the Cork defense, very worrying tbh!

3-11 from play in the 50th min with not a single score from a placed ball- the last 2 frees hit the post - I reckon Cork players have money on them not to score from a free:D

very poor attendence there, less than 10,000 apparently

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,058 ✭✭✭✭beertons

What's the latest score?

• Advertisement

very impressed with Colm O Neill today - showing out in front a lot, which is something that he was highly criticised about. Great to see Ciaran Sheehan being back to his best as well!

beertons wrote: »
    What's the latest score?

3.16 to 0.13 to Cork

very poor attendence there, less than 10,000 apparently

Not surprising really given both counties hurlers were in action last night and the perceived difference between the teams.

Very happy to be Munster champions again, a 4 goal win, another clean sheet, plenty of subs used, no injuries of note, good day all round I'd say.

Lot to work on there defensively - three or four clean goal chances made by Clare, lucky not to concede. 0-13 should have been around 0-18 from Clare if they just took their points rather than concentrating on goals for the last 10 mins, plus I thought the ref was very generous to Cork tbh

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Not surprising really given both counties hurlers were in action last night and the perceived difference between the teams.

Very happy to be Munster champions again, a 4 goal win, another clean sheet, plenty of subs used, no injuries of note, good day all round I'd say.

the GAA are some idiots not to put one of those games as a double header - Clare v Dublin last night would prob be the game that would be the best to go as the double header

• Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

A very poor spectacle. No good for either team or the sport in general.

A very poor spectacle. No good for either team or the sport in general.

Hardly a poor spectacle. Some great scores throughout.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Emmet Ryan

Good display by Cork but they were sloppy enough in phases. Hard to stay focussed when the margin is that big of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

A good day at the Munster final despite the poor attendance. Cork were comfortable throughout but in saying that there was some dodgy moments in defence for Cork and at times they were sound asleep in all sectors but I'd suppose it was hard to keep fully focused on the task in hand when the reality was Cork were never in danger of been beat.

Roll on the August bank holiday weekend for the All Ireland quarter finals where a more serious challenge lies ahead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭jonniebgood1

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Hardly a poor spectacle. Some great scores throughout.

Seriously???

Watching as a neutral it was shocking. Over well before half time is not entertaining.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement