Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭croker1

Cork team to face Tipp, Sunday @ 4pm.

A Nash; S O'Neill, B Murphy, C O'Sullivan; T Kenny, E Cadogan, W Egan; D Sweetnam, L McLoughlin; C Lehane, P Cronin, C Naughton; J Coughlan, P O'Sullivan, P Horgan

Few changes from the league final. To be expected though given the time off and amount of training since

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭lala88

Sean Og and John Gardiner dropped by Cork, i assume they will be releasing a statement that they are going on strike.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭lukin

croker1 wrote: »
    Cork team to face Tipp, Sunday @ 4pm.

A Nash; S O'Neill, B Murphy, C O'Sullivan; T Kenny, E Cadogan, W Egan; D Sweetnam, L McLoughlin; C Lehane, P Cronin, C Naughton; J Coughlan, P O'Sullivan, P Horgan

Few changes from the league final. To be expected though given the time off and amount of training since

I think I'm right in saying that the only link on that team to the "strike era" is Tom Kenny (and I fully expect him to be substituted before the end of sunday's game).
    Truly the end of an era.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Coleman dropped of the panel altogether.That is a fair kick in the pants.A bit harsh I thought

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

lukin wrote: »
    I think I'm right in saying that the only link on that team to the "strike era" is Tom Kenny (and I fully expect him to be substituted before the end of sunday's game).
    Truly the end of an era.

Around 1/3rd to half that side were around for the strikes, on the panel.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,125 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

Where will the Tipp v Waterford munster final be held ?:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Never Never Land :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

Yer actually playing them in the semis:

http://munster.gaa.ie/fixtures/minor/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Great to see the team mixed up a little. Keeps if a bit fresh. The bench is also very strong. Looking forward to seeing how the midfielders get on in particular!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,125 ✭✭✭realdanbreen

I hope the youngsters playing for Cork next Sunday don't freeze up at the sight of the blue & gold!:cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I hope the youngsters playing for Cork next Sunday don't freeze up at the sight of the blue & gold!:cool:

I cant ever remember it happening.

The years ye have beat us have been years ye were expected to win in last few meetings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

I cant ever remember it happening.

The years ye have beat us have been years ye were expected to win in last few meetings.

Lads I'm I the only one here who reckons Cork will beat Tipp on Sunday? Cork are underdogs in their own backyard, they will murder Tipp in that case and Tipp have a very poor record of beating Cork in the pairc. Remember 2010? Tipp won in 2008 in the pairc but Cork didn't have a full panel due to the strike. Fully confident Cork will win by about 2-3 points.

eigrod wrote: »
    It was crazy the way the RTE pundits were writing off Kerry last Sunday. Will they ever learn ? I remember a few years ago Kevin McStay doing the same thing after Kerry were beaten, his exact words being "Kerry are in a very bad place now". They were far from finished then, and they're far from finished now.

If Kerry stay in it until August, no matter how they struggle or scrape through the qualifiers, they will be very very difficult to beat and I don't think Conor Counihan would be relishing meeting them at QF, SF or Final stage.

Cork, Dublin & Kerry still the 3 best teams in Ireland. I expect the AI champions to come from those 3, with Kildare and Tyrone the only ones with an outside chance. Mayo may surprise one of the above teams in the QF or SF again, but history suggests that they simply can't do it two games in a row.

If Kerry get handy qualfiers they usually do, they will win the All Ireland.

lala88 wrote: »
    Sean Og and John Gardiner dropped by Cork, i assume they will be releasing a statement that they are going on strike.

Oh STFU!.

teednab-el wrote: »
    If Kerry get handy qualfiers they usually do, they will win the All Ireland.

Ya because its fixed for them to get handy draws isn't it? Cork got there fair share of handy draws in 2010 when they won, wonder how worried you were about that

Lads I'm I the only one here who reckons Cork will beat Tipp on Sunday? Cork are underdogs in their own backyard, they will murder Tipp in that case and Tipp have a very poor record of beating Cork in the pairc. Remember 2010? Tipp won in 2008 in the pairc but Cork didn't have a full panel due to the strike. Fully confident Cork will win by about 2-3 points.

And whos fault is that?

Ya because its fixed for them to get handy draws isn't it? Cork got there fair share of handy draws in 2010 when they won, wonder how worried you were about that

You call Dublin a handy draw? We met them in the semi and beat them, a game in which they should have won. Down were a good side too who beat the 2009 All Ireland champions Kerry and beat Kildare a side who I feel will win an All Ireland soon. Limerick weren't bad that year and would put it up to most teams.

And whos fault is that?

Frank and the CCB. That is history now and its over with, there has been strikes in other counties too as well that you somehow failed to bring up.

Stinicker wrote: »
    Kerry with Brian Sheehan back and a bit of tough love through the qualifiers will leave both the boyos from Cork and Dublin licking their wounds and ruing what might have been. It is ten years ago this summer that I witnessed history and saw Kerry play Cork and hammer the daylights out of them in Croke Park by 15 points. Since then the sides have met a dozen or so times and Cork can only ever beat Kerry in Pairc ui Chaoimh and Kerry have defeated them there before also most lately in 2010. Cork won the All-Ireland in 2010 but they were beaten by Kerry that year.

Cork will not beat Kerry again this year and they'd want to hope some other team might beat Kerry because if the red and white lays before the men from the Kingdom in Croke Park there will only ever be one outcome and it will not be pretty if you are from Cork. Kerry have now nicely disappeared off peoples radar just like in 2009 when we snuck in and mugged Cork when they thought it was all over. A dodgy refereeing decision in 2011 cost us another All-Ireland, are we bothered? We are from Kerry we will always be there or thereabouts, the fact that Dublin and Cork both won their All-Ireland's by 1 points says alot of their teams. Kerry on the other hand will be Kerry so beware the wounded beast, Corks victory will prove Pyrrhic wheras a Kerry win would have set the stage for complacency and ultimate failure. Cork may have won the 1st battle but they and Dublin will ultimately lose the war.

Stnicker you are entertaining! Your right I agree...... Well done KERRY ALL IRELAND CHAMPIONS 2012! Cork or Dublin havent a hope, they should drop out of championship now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Stnicker you are entertaining! Your right I agree...... Well done KERRY ALL IRELAND CHAMPIONS 2012! Cork or Dublin havent a hope, they should drop out of championship now.

But at least we all know that if Kerry don't win the AI - it will be the refs fault:pac:

• Advertisement

ShamoBuc wrote: »

But at least we all know that if Kerry don't win the AI - it will be the refs fault:pac:

The refs fault is right of if not it will be the wasp. There is only so many times though Kerry can go to the well. Their team was much younger and better in 2006 and 2009. It is now 2012 and a lot of mileage on many players. A good tough qualifier facing someone like Donegal, Kildare , Dublin, Tyrone or Armagh would tell me all I need to know about this present Kerry team and if they got through then I would be worried. Though I'm feeling confident that if Cork meet them before the All Ireland final, we can beat them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    If anything I though Kerry people took the defeat well last year considering.

I don't rate Kerry this year tbh - I'd be suprised to see us vying for the title but you never know, and I don't buy into this 'beware the wounded beast' horseshít either fwiw

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

The refs fault is right of if not it will be the wasp. There is only so many times though Kerry can go to the well. Their team was much younger and better in 2006 and 2009. It is now 2012 and a lot of mileage on many players

While the argument is understandable - Kerry have far more young players in the panel this time around who can make a difference - BJK, James O'Donoghue, Peter Crowley, Dathaí Casey etc. - the difference in the team is that we have players beginning to slow down and these young players aren't quite ready to take up the mantle imo

You call Dublin a handy draw? We met them in the semi and beat them, a game in which they should have won. Down were a good side too who beat the 2009 All Ireland champions Kerry and beat Kildare a side who I feel will win an All Ireland soon. Limerick weren't bad that year and would put it up to most teams.

What about Cavan, Wexford and Roscommon? If Kerry beat them along the won to winning an All Ireland all we would hear is that it was another soft All Ireland. Also Cork played Dublin and Down when there was no draw

Frank and the CCB. That is history now and its over with, there has been strikes in other counties too as well that you somehow failed to bring up.

Name another county that have gone on strike 3 times?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Name another county that have gone on strike 3 times?

he did not mention counties having 3 strikes, just strikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

Why are you so confident?What is it based on ?League counts for nothing in championship.A close game with Tipp to win by 2.

yomtea98 wrote: »
    Why are you so confident?What is it based on ?League counts for nothing in championship.A close game with Tipp to win by 2.

Why are you so confident?What is it based on ?League counts for nothing in championship:pac:

yomtea98 wrote: »

We have the Indian sign over Tipp in Pairc UI chaoimh. They have only won there twice in like 80 years.

• Advertisement

We have the Indian sign over Tipp in Pairc UI chaoimh. They have only won there twice in like 80 years.

How many times have they played each other there in the last 80 years?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement