Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

To be fair that excuses nothing, you can never risk assuming someone is faking with such assurity that you can litherally try to lift them up unwillingly.

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

Great goal by Colm O Neill

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

BULLET!!!!!!!

Super goal by O'Neill

1-4 without reply in the second half!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,347 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Load of yellow cards in the game - Cork playing well with the wind, losing the ball too easily at times though

Cork ladies won their game v Meath, and are into the National League final as well

Keep them down:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

Gone filthy. Won't be long till there's a Red.

• Advertisement

DDC1990 wrote: »
    Gone filthy. Won't be long till there's a Red.

Well there's aready 15 of them:pac:

Goal by Walsh - the first thing he has really done in the game!
    2-09 v 0-10 55 gone!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,363 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

6 point turnaround.

Thought Keegan was fouled going through.

Cork will cruise on now.

3 in a Row is a great achievment.

6 point turnaround.

Thought Keegan was fouled going through.

Cork will cruise on now.

A free could have been given.

It's far from over.

but .....4 in a row if you include the div 2 title that started it all off!

• Registered Users, Moderators, Education Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 15,247 Mod ✭✭✭✭rebel girl 15

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Keep them down:pac:

Down, sure they were the only senior All Ireland winners from Cork last year :P

4 NFL in total - division 2 title before the 3 division 1 titles

• Advertisement

Getting silly now - a lot of needless needling atm. Shields seeing yellow, what a stupid thing to do, throwing the ball off the player.

Murphy and Daniel Goulding on, nice to see Dan back!

Fantastic score by Goulding!

Fantastic score by Goulding!

An rud is annamh is iontach - off his right peg:eek:

Corcaigh 2-10 v 0-11 Maigh Eo

A whirlwind start to the second half and a rasper of a goal by Colm O'Neill helped us get the 3 in a row of Top Flight League titles. Great to see Goulding back. Ray Carey given motm - a good day all round really.
    Room for improvement - but that's for another day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭.E_C_K_S.

Great win, lets hope we can build on this.It's a long year yet!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

Foul on Keegan that wasn't given lead to a Cork goal, it changed it from what would have been a one point game to a five point one. Game lost its shape completely after that. Well done to Cork on putting three-in-a-row together, it'll be very interesting if these teams meet in the championship.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭SeaFields

Whatever Counihan said to them at HT, he'd wanna bottle it and keep it for August and Sept. Great turnaround in matter of minutes.

We'll top it off now with the hurling . Cork for the double! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 482 ✭✭Treble20

Delighted Cork won today and completed a 3 in a row of Division 1 titles and 4 in a row altogether including the 2009 Division 2 triumph. This is a great achievement in the current day and age of GAA and credit has to go to Cork for achieving this.

Overall I wasn't impressed at times with the team. Our half back line at times was badly exposed in the 1st half and some of our forwards found it hard going at times especially Aidan Walsh who was exceptionally poor today even though he scored a good goal he lost possession twice in the 1st half which resulted in Mayo scoring 2 points. However a win is a win and while there's work to be done with the team they can now look forward to the Championship with a national title under their belt.

Down, sure they were the only senior All Ireland winners from Cork last year :P

I meant keep Meath down....at every grade and every level;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

A good win by Cork. Even if Mayo won today I wouldn't begrudge them of silverware, they still have a great team and will be dangerous come championship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭lukin

Great to see Goulding back and scoring,we need him at his best this year if we have any notions of winning the AI.
    Still have Ciaran Sheehan to come back too so Counihan will have serious firepower at his disposal when the championship comes around.
    Kerry are still the team to beat I think,my only concern is the half-back line which has a lot of miles on the clock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭beeroclock

lukin wrote: »
    Great to see Goulding back and scoring,we need him at his best this year if we have any notions of winning the AI.
    Still have Ciaran Sheehan to come back too so Counihan will have serious firepower at his disposal when the championship comes around.
    Kerry are still the team to beat I think,my only concern is the half-back line which had a lot of miles on the clock.

Yep agreed!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭TomKat

Its between yourselves and Kerry this year

TomKat wrote: »
    Its between yourselves and Kerry this year

Some said the same last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭Emmet Ryan

I've put together a tactical review of today's game here http://action81.com/blog/?p=5754 for anyone interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fair play Cork, that 15 minute second half score frenzy showed what an animal of team ye are at full throttle. Twas a good championship standard match from a league game. Good test for both teams for the upcoming championship. Hopefully we meet again:)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 128 ✭✭TomKat

ShamoBuc wrote: »
    Some said the same last year.

Yeah but Kerry surely won't be robbed two years in a row!

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Fair play Cork, that 15 minute second half score frenzy showed what an animal of team ye are at full throttle. Twas a good championship standard match from a league game. Good test for both teams for the upcoming championship. Hopefully we meet again:)

If we dont win AI, I would love to see ye win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Didn't see the game but congrats to Cork yesterday - great achievement to win the league twice in a row never mind the treble!

Looking forward to seeing ye in action come championship time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭lukin

It was a very physical game, Mayo hit us hard in the tackle and no harm in that. But Cork have a few tough customers and didn't shirk the challenges. OK I admit what O' Leary did was well out of order but he's never been a saint and is unlikely to change now. Sadly in the modern game you need people like that.
    Lat year the Dubs tried to rattle us at half-time in the tunnel, Shields reacted and paid the penalty with a suspension later but we won the match.
    I think you'll see a more dirty Cork team this year and if we win the AI then I honestly don't care. We've been the victims of it ourselves in the past so if you can't beat em join em I say.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement