Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,276 ✭✭✭thinkstoomuch1

sean mac wrote: »
    That article by Christy o connor is appalling for how badly wrong he got his assessment. Its actually crongeworthy how poor that is from a writer who I feel is right most of the time. After reading that and seeing what Cuthbert did this year and how we are ****ed already for 2015 I would have to give Christy a sceptical reading from now on.
    Unfortunately in both cork senior panels we are badly missing leaders - for the hurlers on field leaders to do something like make a change themselves or break momentum when things are going badly like the tipp game, off field leaders in the football panel who will put ut up to a seriously out of his depth manager and tell him what is required and if he says no then walk away. Too many fellas on both panels happy enough to go with the flow, desperately disappointing and depressing for 2015. TAaking it that the dual players will be hurling only and that pat mulcahy will come into the hurling set up and stand with JBM on the line I have hope for the hurlers as for the footballers genuinely feel relegation, a hiding in Killarney and a loss in a quarter final is the season to come

You were right saying sars would beat glen
    How do you rate willam kearney

• Registered Users Posts: 355 ✭✭sean mac

You were right saying sars would beat glen
    How do you rate willam kearney

Same as most sars hurlers - fine hurler, good touch good use of the ball -intercounty -not imo but will definitely be tried, just don't see him making any huge contribution to cork senior team.
    Don't see sars doing much in munster either but huge respect for what they are doing in glanmire.
    The only interesting thing from the weekend was pa o Callaghan, superb stuff and wondering will he accept a call up to senior squad? would certainly put the pressure on the likes of horgan if he did

Sean i cant call sunday,i like both teams,probaly go for ballincollig over kielys,miskella deserves a senior county medal,kelly to prove a point
    Who do you think will win??

Sean i cant call sunday,i like both teams,probaly go for ballincollig over kielys,miskella deserves a senior county medal,kelly to prove a point

On paper collig have to be favourites imo: Patrick Kelly and john miskella are better then any other palyer on the pitch, backed up by scotty lordan in goals, noel galvin, liam Jennings, stepehn o Donoghue (should have got game time with cork under counihan), the 2 kielys that's a serious bunch of players. Rangers have orourke, brian shanahan and of course john hayes who is perfect for this level and not for intercounty by any stretch.
    Have a fancy for collig and think it would be good for cork gaa with a huge area like ballincollig to win a county title, will bring on the games there massively especially with such strong rugby and soccer clubs out there. Collig by 3 points based on Patrick Kelly showing the watching cork public why teams should be built around him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Heres some real fact and realisim.
    What to jesus do you think newtownshandrum were??do you realise the,size of the parish,surrounded by charville,dromina,milford,kilmallock to a point  if they wanted to go their,you do know won four counties senior,intermediate,all ireland senior,club title,two munsters plus another all ireland final.You could walk through there in two minute aprox ,its so small.Dont bulls##t me with nonense please.
    Meelin close by win all ireland junior title,yes an all ireland,ffs ye cant even win a county title.

Ok TTM, I apologise my club hasn't been as successful as Newtown have. No doubt you also think Kilbrin, Cloughduv and every club with a bigger pick than Newtown should be ashamed of themselves? Or is it just Castlemartyr?
    Ballymartle small club had success,now Senior,yes Senior and always competitng.
    There great clubs,yere way of them success wise.Again i acknowleded castlelmatry were once great but now arent doing what they should be doing.

All those have just the same problems as castlematyr,Dont talk nonense with respect please

Bally have a much bigger pick than us, and have a number of lads from surrounding areas playing for them (from Kinsale, Ballyhooley etc). Saying we are comparable to Ballymartle is complete ignorance.
    Casrlematyr imo on paper in hurling should be beating cloghduv
    In faireness winning a mid cork is tougher than east cork ,as proven  more mid cork teams winning the last twenty years ,in dripsey,cloughduv ,blarney etc,so winning county mid cork is harder on cloughduv and imo doing great down their.When did ye last get to a final a long,long,long,very long time ago,not an opinion but a fact.East cork ,is poor enough in junior at times,making ye look better what ye are.

So why in God's name should we be beating Cloughduv if East Cork is a lot weaker than Mid Cork? Why are you contradicting yourself?

Look you clearly have no idea how weak our pick is. Moreover you have zero respect for the effort and work being done in the club, zero respect for us getting so much out of so little and zero respect for us having so many players represented at inter-county level recently despite our disadvantages compared to other clubs in the area.

Moreover you belittle what achievements we have made (East Cork division is poor, easy to win, you don't win finals etc). You speak with an animosity and aggression towards Castlemartyr GAA that you do not use towards any other GAA team on this forum, you compare us - and only us - to Newtown unfavourably, as if Newtown's achievements don't embarrass every other club in the county. You say we have a similar size to Ballymartle, which tells me straight away your what little knowledge of Castlemartyr GAA club you have is misinformed.

You have a bizarre dislike for the club and feel the need to insult it and belittle every chance you get. I'm sick of defending my club from your snide remarks and ignorance. This will be the last time I'll bother entertaining your prejudice on this subject.

• Advertisement

East cork is poorer than mid cork but as a muskerry poster,admitted on paper ,ye should be beating them with teams on paper.
    Ye have the better team but again fail to close out a game.
    Ye had three intercounty lads on various cork teams this year,clouhduv had none in hurling.

Your twisting the,argument to suit now
    Simple fact is castlematyr have many times won east cork not pushed on.
    Dont try and paint pictutre my views on castlatmatur please when i clearly ,clearly praised them in the past,the current club man on the cork intermediate selectors

I have praised at least four young lads as real talents from that aera in the future and well you know it,seen as you pm asking me how they done in the rice cup in may,and i had the decency ,courtsey telling you how good they were.
    Look i praise where its due.
    But im not going to have your clubs tainted glasses in views just to suit you.

You are quite fast on many topics not just cork but dublin even last week to dismiss them in hurling,total disrespect to what he will bring to the set up.
    Fast enough to dismiss cork minors,a game by your posts you werrnt at,you dismiss all cork underage teams as lack talent,dismiss players with one liners not backing it up,yet you complain when anyone crticises anything to do with castlematyr.
    For your info ,i hope castlematyr win a county now,got to push on ,if not ,imo want someone else win east cork.
    Your imo great to dish out anyalis others,cant take negativety towards your club.
    For a man that preaches,that i disrespect castlematr,you well able to dismiss cork minors this year with snide remarks,despite all the hard work they done for nime months against all the odds in limerick dowm two key players.
    With respect, you would do well to practice what you preach.
    I reference newtown not just them meelin also not in slight but to ot purely highlight other small clubs have achieved wonderful success.
    Simple as,i think many know i dont do prejuduce,and dont single out just castlematyr in fairness.
    I criticised big clubs in the past.

Best of luck to Kanturk and Midelton today and the Haven.

Much better for Cork hurling if kanturk and midelton win,in terms cork hurling.

Castlewatmtr 9 to 7 against kilbrin h time.

Id be sh** going against kilbrin ,closer to home,but i hope castlematyr win as better chance in munster than grenagh or kilbrin.The more i c kilbrin,their a one man team,with Egan.They wouldnt go far in munster.

Two lawtons are worth a look for cork ,if they had gd run.

Munster junior final mallow n 8 decemeber so cork team have that advantage if beat beat waterford and tipp champs.

3rd november 2013

This is my last post on the subject
    For a poster that i meant be to.be preduice to castlematyr,this.post of mine rubbishes that i went against kilbrin,closer team as i wanted best for cork hurling.Lets be crystal clear,i dont do prejudice.Thanks

i said then lawtowns deserved a run for cork. Hardly prejuicded.
    But you see lawton got hes chance and didnt take it,that simple in the league etc.Doesnt like others like haughney,cian mac imo deserve to be there next year.
    They lost game to kilbrin were in control of.
    This year i remain unconvinced on their form,and after last year,not prejudice but my realistic view as imo they flatter to decieve at times.
    Ive clearly rubbished that myth here.I dont do club bias unlike you in my views ,i do whats best for cork hurling in general.
    Now have the last word, if you wish but i want to get back to talking real gaa.Good lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 goalmouth

3rd november 2013

This is my last post on the subject
    For a poster that i meant be to.be preduice to castlematyr,this.post of mine rubbishes that i went against kilbrin,closer team as i wanted best for cork hurling.Lets be crystal clear,i dont do prejudice.Thanks

i said then lawtowns deserved a run for cork. Hardly prejuicded.
    But you see lawton got hes chance and didnt take it,that simple in the league etc.Doesnt like others like haughney,cian mac imo deserve to be there next year.
    They lost game to kilbrin were in control of.
    This year i remain unconvinced on their form,and after last year,not prejudice but my realistic view as imo they flatter to decieve at times.
    Ive clearly rubbished that myth here.I dont do club bias unlike you in my views ,i do whats best for cork hurling in general.
    Now have the last word, if you wish but i want to get back to talking real gaa.Good lad.

TTM what harty match will u be going to this week
    I'm of to dungarvan myself
    On what u seen so far what will be ur minor panel this yr

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

I might throw my view that Carbery rangers will win. Purely on the view that they have about 6 or 7 players on the field that will chip in with scores while not relying on a single player to create those scores either.
    I actually was impressed with the different tactics usedyby their coach on the 3 different occasions I have seen them play.he seems to be able to adapt the team to the opposition threat while still getting their own scores. There is a slight look of donegal about them. Organised defence and break at speed..... and have the players to do it effectively.
    To be fair, ive only seen ballincollig once this year and that was in the semi final against nemo, but I thought that nemo looked letargic.

Neck on the block. Carbery rangers leading at half time by 1..... and win out by 4 or 5

goalmouth wrote: »
    TTM what harty match will u be going to this week
    I'm of to dungarvan myself
    On what u seen so far what will be ur minor panel this yr

Im unsure as of yet im still trying to.decide goal mouth
    Various cork men in.most i want to see

Ill leave the game in.dungarvan.now as if youre going.you may throw up a report.please teams etc

One game covered
    If i can,go to a game ill do the same

Ill do up minor.panel later if.i get a chance for you no bother

• Advertisement

I might throw my view that Carbery rangers will win. Purely on the view that they have about 6 or 7 players on the field that will chip in with scores while not relying on a single player to create those scores either.
    I actually was impressed with the different tactics usedyby their coach on the 3 different occasions I have seen them play.he seems to be able to adapt the team to the opposition threat while still getting their own scores. There is a slight look of donegal about them. Organised defence and break at speed..... and have the players to do it effectively.
    To be fair, ive only seen ballincollig once this year and that was in the semi final against nemo, but I thought that nemo looked letargic.

Neck on the block. Carbery rangers leading at half time by 1..... and win out by 4 or 5

What do you make of fitzpatrick and shanahan cork wise
    Tough game to call

http://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/authorities-probe-racial-abuse-claim-291227.html

Absoultey shocking to see it in a gaa game if true
    It shouldnt matter what colour,or where they from etc.purely judge lads talents on the field of play alone
    I feel sorry for the player that sufferred if true.
    Any grass roots ,salt of the earth gaa fan wouldnt do that to any player

At games where,crowds are small like underage games,every sound can be heard clearly at times ,that is disgraceful behaviour if true.

What do you make of fitzpatrick and shanahan cork wise
    Tough game to call

I think Fitzpatrick deserves a shot he was impressive in the last 3 games i've seen him, he could turn out to be a county player if he was given the chance. But as we saw in the league and championship this year, Cuthbert didnt give many midfielders a chance to show what they were capable of. Would Fitzpatrick or O'laorie or Dinneen be given a chance?
    I'm not sure on Shanahan, he has a good defensive unit with him where its group defence, and looks to be in trouble when its one on one. but i think most people shoud be given the oppertunity at least...

Fitzpatrick deserves a chance,if walsh goes theres two slots avaible,one is maguire

Gould is not the answer at this stage
    Sean kiely,dinneen,laoire,deane if fit,all deserve a chance

??is after this year,excelling in ul camp ,v meath in a challenge,being overlooked then will dinneen commit ,as farming is a lot of commitment for him
    Hard to justify it,if your not getting games

http://m.independent.ie/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/kerry-legend-toms-s-to-join-cork-side-nemo-rangers-30662595.html

That is obivously with a view to management down the line ,sure be given u 21 job in future and with success at ucc,senior in time

Great move for all
    A man i have the.utmost respect for,a winner,real dog within,wonderful talents on field,blessed with awesome intelligence of play,definetly one year club football left in him

Not a great reflection he didnt join on one other big cork club imo for example,o se is shrewd,he joined a real club where football than poltics always comes first.

Fitzpatrick deserves a chance,if walsh goes theres two slots avaible,one is maguire

Gould is not the answer at this stage
    Sean kiely,dinneen,laoire,deane if fit,all deserve a chance

??is after this year,excelling in ul camp ,v meath in a challenge,being overlooked then will dinneen commit ,as farming is a lot of commitment for him
    Hard to justify it,if your not getting games

Heard in the Club that he wont commit to cork, Farm and kids, and distance from cork are all factors. But i did not hear it directly from Sean himself.

Heard in the Club that he wont commit to cork, Farm and kids, and distance from cork are all factors. But i did not hear it directly from Sean himself.

He has a young family

Id say with the carry on in this years set up it infulenced him

The current set up going no where fast

• Registered Users Posts: 12 celticcc1

Was at the two county finals Sunday.
    I think the problem in Cork hurling is the standard of senior hurling pure and simple.
    I think the standard is quite good at junior, intermediate A and premier intermediate.
    However Sars are well ahead of the rest at senior level and for that reason they are not being pressed to reach higher levels. The same problem exists in Limerick where Na Piarsaigh are a bit ahead of Kilmallock and well ahead of the rest.
    On the other hand the Clare championshipis very competitive while in Galway Portumna are being tested in nearly every game and are battle hardened by the time they get out of Galway. Portumna are some club to have survived at the top with such a limited player pool.

The Munster club hurling championship is very competitive and the champions from any of the counties are all well capable of beating each other. Sarsfields are capable of winning Munster but the lack of competition i think will come against them and i expect Na Piarsaigh to beat Sars if NaP win the Limerick championship.

Going back to the premier intermediate hurling final on Sunday i thought the standard was very good, total commitment from both sides and Ballyhea in particular played a lovely brand of hurling designed to play good ball to the forward line. Pa O Callaghan was outstanding.

Goalmouth
    My cork minor hurling panel roughily up to now

Goal keepers
    S fitgerald na piarsaigh
    Cian collins charville intermediate keeper
    Colin Looney sarsfields
    Decalan dalton but he should be out field,some man catch a ball at times not the calmest for a goalie

corner backs
    Tim murphy sarsfields
    W hurley valley rovers , hamilton
    Seadna smith midelton can play centre back,another year at harty and i think minor.Christ above,some hurler.Could be the next brian murphy.
    c hegarty fr o neills
    E o keoffe na piarsaigh
    Cathal martin kitltha og
    Mike mellrick fr o niells
    Dean linehan bride rovers second year in harty plays them as forward,cork see him as corner back
    I do too,wont get ahead other forwards imo
    Full backs

Ian cahill cloyne
    Sean o connor fr o neills
    Darragh o.brien killeagh
    David griifin outstanding at full for rochestown v charville,their captain played u 21 the weekend
    Won minor county football with carriglaine
    He will be dual
    Jack meade charville dean ryan cup two years left at harty

Half backs
    Donal english sars
    Kelleher neweston ,playing harty with hamiliton and again next year,outstanding v nenagh I heard
    Chris o leary valley
    Shane walsh bride rovers senior expierence
    Conor cahalane dual st finbarrs outstanding player,has the bite of a cahalane in hurling,in Breeding comes out through the eye of a cat

Daniel harrington fr o neills
    Eoin o brien douglas
    John cashman blackrock
    David lowney clonkaiktly dual better footballer imo
    Ryan dennehy kiltha og
    Niall o leary castlelyons outstanding harty cup for colmans,two more years at harty and at least one at minor
    Darragh guiney,captain of charville dean ryan,harty cup sub will likely play them at corner back or midfield,pace and hurling to burn,two years left at harty
    Niall barry murphy aghallabouge
    Shane garvey sarsfields two years left at minor
    Cathal deane killeagh st itas,playing harty with youghal two years at harty ,minor left

Midfield
    Butty mccarthy if availble carrigtwoill captain dean ryan winning team last year ,awesome player
    Billy Hennessey st finbarrs played well old christians v drom in munster b in mallow two weeks ago.

mcdonnell aghada

Jeremy saich kilworth u16 this year playing harty colmans
    Harty,cork minor next two years,the real deal
    Dancing back round,saich has lovely balance of feet ,both telphatic,telementric fludity systematic cohesion of movement ive ever seen in a young hurler,hurl both sides,real real talent,missed by development squads before late developer,hes unreal if hes contuines progressing.
    Some pace.Strong as an ox.
    O brien blackrock
    Kevin flynm kilshannig
    Kevin moyinhan russell rovers
    Is luke meade newestown underage??if so automatic starter
    Liam couglan glen rovers
    Darragh fitzgibbon charville,playing corner forward for the school
    Mark coleman blarney,midfield or half forward,outstanding at u 21 all year,ace free taker,super hands,super touch.Very fast.
    Jontahan mulchay bandon,hamilton if eligble

Half forwards
    Declan dalton fr o.neills 1—14 for youghal v templemore.
    From placed our unplaced balls,anywhere within sixty yards can score.Part last year set up for a while with cork,played half forward v ard scoil challenge in mallow,destoyed three different men in the air in pouring rain,hand like a vice grip,not afraid to win dirty ball.

john looney aghada,played awesome all year in last year dean ryan cup,outstanding for aghada in intermediate,fine footballer also,played u 17 all ireland final in mallow ,hes dual with john cashman was epiceally awesome to watch.
    A sub ,got superb point v limerick im the galeic grounds,this lad is majestic,will light up the harty cup .

Robbie flynn eirins own v good in u 17 semi v limerick

Tim.o.mahony ,newtownshandrum
    Could play centre back won kinnane cup charville cbs there,centre forward or full forward
    Played senior championship v ucc,sub v ns piarsaigh,caused great full back darren mannix all sort of problems.
    Outstanding v duhallow both u 21 games, twogoal ist day,two last week again ,one one v carriglaine saturday,real pace,great in the air.
    Shane kingston,could play anywhere,pace,strength,hurling,two four the last harty cup match
    Jack barry charville,playing harty ,and u 21 ,intermediate final sunday for charville
    Has improved by having good coaches at school and club in butler ,finn,will improve again under ring,landers.

Craig hannaffin na piarsaigh.u 16 playing harty for na piarsigh

Full forwards
    Dan landers killeagh part of squad for a bit last year
    Michael o halloran blackrock outstanding for old christians v drom b match i saw before rochestown ,he was Unmarkable

Benny dunne fr o neills,
    Sean howard,dromtariffe
    Killan tracey killeagh,josh beausang russell rovers,both harty cup this year plus next year
    colm dinneen newestown if underage
    dan gunning napiarsaigh two years left at minor and harty playing harty this year
    Evan sheehan u 16 na piarsigh played harty cup ,goal two ist game,superb talent,played minor for club,two years left at minor,three at harty i think,triston o leary sarsfields,and killan aherne na piarsaigh are similär and id have in the training panel

Luke hackett sarsfields
    Garan manley yes with cork city bit still avaible im told for cork

I could have left out a few,by all means add to it please,goalmouth.
    Im unsure bout this new u 16 rule but i added few u 17 and u 16 now as like limerick in peter casey, paddy o loughlin,conor fitzgerald,conor houlohan,grimes,they blood young players building for next year to always have expierence in the panel
    That would roughly be my panel,but keep in mind,form,injuries harty cup ,could and will likely change but if i was involved wuth them id monitor every lad i named,as imo you could make,strong cases for all to be on the preminarly panel before its cut to 34 or so in feburary.
    A lot of these lads are verastile and
    And quite interchangable imo in different positions.
    The talent is there ,finding the perfect balance is key imo but i trust and believe in ring and landers,they won my trust and belief based on their track records.

celticcc1 wrote: »
    Was at the two county finals Sunday.
    I think the problem in Cork hurling is the standard of senior hurling pure and simple.
    I think the standard is quite good at junior, intermediate A and premier intermediate.
    However Sars are well ahead of the rest at senior level and for that reason they are not being pressed to reach higher levels. The same problem exists in Limerick where Na Piarsaigh are a bit ahead of Kilmallock and well ahead of the rest.
    On the other hand the Clare championshipis very competitive while in Galway Portumna are being tested in nearly every game and are battle hardened by the time they get out of Galway. Portumna are some club to have survived at the top with such a limited player pool.

The Munster club hurling championship is very competitive and the champions from any of the counties are all well capable of beating each other. Sarsfields are capable of winning Munster but the lack of competition i think will come against them and i expect Na Piarsaigh to beat Sars if NaP win the Limerick championship.

Going back to the premier intermediate hurling final on Sunday i thought the standard was very good, total commitment from both sides and Ballyhea in particular played a lovely brand of hurling designed to play good ball to the forward line. Pa O Callaghan was outstanding.
    Id agree with that bar sars well capabale winning munster

Cian mac their man forward held from play,moylan done good,davud breen or even ronan lych could hold him

Fraggie great servant but cant,create hed own space now dempsey or king hold him easily

Referees too soft in cork hurling,ref it like a basket ball game,in munster its ref more strongly

Where will sars score
    Kearney will chip in from midfield,maybee three or four but they have no forwards

If na piarsaigh play them,downes,dowling,breen can all score.
    Conor o sullivam superb corner back but corner,or a sweeper,is not or never will be a,full back
    Leahy if any team target him will get cleaned
    Pat ryan is a good coach,but hes limited what he can do now.
    Sweeper is hes only option but they dont have a full forward.
    Cussen,put breen on him,well see the real cussen then
    If demsey marks him,cussen is fine but breen will stand up to cussen .
    Charville lost in harty cup,two defeats hard to get out the group now.
    Ray ryan is not great and one v one quite beatable
    Crucial cork teams win tommorrow
    Yes sars have started to say were taking munster seroisly ,we will drive on,its the same as before
    Music to my ears
    Got to walk to walk in munster or imo i will never see them as great rather cork scence was quite poor.
    They were not that good sunday,glen were flat as a pancake,understandably after three hard weeks games.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't blame the man one bit after the way he was treated in tullamore for the Sligo game and then being inexpicably dropped for the next game vs mayo. Pity a good manager could have made good use of dineen at this level.

Wouldn't blame the man one bit after the way he was treated in tullamore for the Sligo game and then being inexpicably dropped for the next game vs mayo. Pity a good manager could have made good use of dineen at this level.
    id agree
    How do you rate gould sean
    I.ask you as i know ill get an honest answer

Now if i was to pick the minor team now .It would be capable beating anyone in munster,including limerick.

Cian Collins
    Dean linehan
    Ian cahill they may play him as a forward where cloyne have i woud not ,Griffin just as good
    Seadna smith
    Donal english chris o leary shane walsh thats a hard line to pick

Defenders very hard to pick

Griffin,mellrrick,harrington,cashman.,id all be happy with
    John cashman or chris o leary very very very hard call,toss a coin terriorty,chris just over expierence with hamilton last year

Midfield
    Butty mccarthy defo, saich or coleman or coughlan

Half,forwards
    dan landers,tim o mahony,kingston
    Full forward line Dunne halloran looney

That team has power,pace,hurling,athlteicsim,hurling craft and intelligence with tough characters,take some team to beat them
    Lots of other good hurlers could come in and,do a job

id agree
    How do you rate gould sean
    I.ask you as i know ill get an honest answer

I have great time fro fintan, for years he was played out of position as a half forward which never suited him, this dogged him for the first number of years with cork. Thought he would do a job at centre back, but now don't believe he could at this level.
    Treated like crap from Cuthbert again this year after the Kerry game, he should have been retained with Maguire for the Sligo game with walsh dropped imo, however the big problem with fintan is he simply wont dominate a game a t the top level, when he go's quiet he go's out of the game totally and you cant have a midfielder like that - to me he is a palyer who is crying out for a top coach and top sports psychologist as he has all the skills and physique but too inconsistent.
    I fully expect walsh to opt for hurling only in 2015 and presume fintan will be our number 1 midfielder at least to start, however the way things are going with cork and the hassle with the management I wouldn't be surprised to see our lambs getting slaughtered in killareny with ian Maguire and kiely ballincollig in midfield in the summer- both super young players but coming into the cork team at the wrong time with a managemrnt team out of its depth.
    Btw I find it amazing that our media hungry manager hasn't announced officially that pat Flanagan is joining the set up, it begs the question is he? whats the issue in the background? I sure your aware ttm that rumours of players meeting Cuthbert et al to sort out things are bouncing around the county, I personally don't believe it, too many of these fellas are too quiet and nice and I think we will head into 2015 with the same **** ups as before.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Btw I find it amazing that our media hungry manager hasn't announced officially that pat Flanagan is joining the set up, it begs the question is he? whats the issue in the background?

Frank called him into the office and handed him a note with "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt" and told that all media requests had to be approved by Frank from now on or he's not getting a 2nd term. :pac: :p

Sean its a shambles and no one,ex pundit you name it,questions it.
    Why??

I agree with gould,he suffered from poor managers,now hes time is gone.Wonderful talent wasted.
    He plays the media beautfully ill give him that
    Christys interview, media not asking hard questions,bar eammon macsweeney,rte asking him how to beat kerry ,all ireland final build up on six one news,it baffles me no one questions him

Christy said cuthbhert knows the club scence inside out
    ,he had two club if im correct ,failed with both
    He may go to a lot of matches fair enough
    I go to a lot of matches,i dont see myself as cork senior manager,even though not being smart,i actually think i would have done a better job this year as firstly id have surrounded my self with proven management team and identifed midfield as a priority and im a realist,woudnt be naive to adopt kevin keegan all out attack philsophy,they score three,we score four.Id build from the back first and foremost while moving the ball at pace.

If flanganan takes that long to think about the job,then id say thanks but no thanks.
    The league could be a nightmare

Dual players,ronan leaving thougj,wait for it sean,has bought him time in people will say it affected hes prepartion,new coach just one year,kerry being all.ireland champs in kerry it will.be we always had a tough ask so he will have support for a second term
    The one thing christy got right is in 25 years,all cork managers got loads of time.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,414 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

I see Tomás Ó Sé will be playing with Nemo next year. It will be interesting to see how he gets on.

Apparently turned down an enticing offer from another big club,imo done right thing,hes a winner why change habits of a life time.Why choose silver when you can choose gold.
    Winners will always choose winners

Groomed for management,nemo dont do poltics and wont bow to anyone,them and o se are a match made in heaven.
    Douglas got tony leen this year.a kerry man with no record,their neighbours nemo likely to have tomas down line in management.Some contrast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,102 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

Apparently turned down an enticing offer from another big club,imo done right thing,hes a winner why change habits of a life time.Why choose silver when you can choose gold.
    Winners will always choose winners

Groomed for management,nemo dont do poltics and wont bow to anyone,them and o se are a match made in heaven.
    Douglas got tony leen this year.a kerry man with no record,their neighbours nemo likely to have tomas down line in management.Some contrast.

Can't help but be reminded of a response I heard from a Clare woman who was getting a slagging about Davy Fitz being in charge of Waterford and Anthony Daly in charge of the Dublin hurlers.

"Shure it's basically missionary work they're at - showing them folk how to play" :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭willietherock

Now if i was to pick the minor team now .It would be capable beating anyone in munster,including limerick.

Cian Collins
    Dean linehan
    Ian cahill they may play him as a forward where cloyne have i woud Seadna smith
    Donal english chris o leary shane walsh thats a hard line to pick

Defenders very hard to pick

Griffin,mellrrick,harrington,cashman.,id all be happy with
    John cashman or chris o leary very very very hard call,toss a coin terriorty,chris just over expierence with hamilton last yearnot ,Griffin just as good

Midfield
    Butty mccarthy defo, saich or coleman or coughlan

Half,forwards
    dan landers,tim o mahony,kingston
    Full forward line Dunne halloran looney

That team has power,pace,hurling,athlteicsim,hurling craft and intelligence with tough characters,take some team to beat them
    Lots of other good hurlers could come in and,do a job

I'd guess
    Dalton

Griffin
    Cahill
    Smith

Conor O'Brien (B'rock)
    CO'L
    John Cashman

B McCarthy
    xxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxx
    M O'Halloran
    S Kingston

J Looney
    B Dunne
    xxxxxxxx

tbh I saw this group a good few times at U16 and they looked a bit short in class and too reliant on certain players. Tipp, although they lost to KK, looked pretty exceptional at U16 last yr.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement