Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

The red was deserved.I hate this kind of oh he is not that sort of player.He pulled on the back of his head.Cussen and Naughton should never play again.I don't see the advantage of the short puck out.The corner back or wing back has to strike as soon as he gets it without looking up.Plus with Nash pucking it long you are not getting extra distance

• Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

yomtea98 wrote: »
    The red was deserved.I hate this kind of oh he is not that sort of player.He pulled on the back of his head.Cussen and Naughton should never play again.I don't see the advantage of the short puck out.The corner back or wing back has to strike as soon as he gets it without looking up.Plus with Nash pucking it long you are not getting extra distance

Are you having a laugh? He could just about see it, if he could see it at all. Shocking.

Are you having a laugh? He could just about see it, if he could see it at all. Shocking.
    Who?The ref?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

The idea of the short puck out is to prevent the opposition half forward line and MF funnelling back and crowding out the defence.

Hidalgo wrote: »
    The idea of the short puck out is to prevent the opposition half forward line and MF funnelling back and crowding out the defence.
    I guess it gives another option but I think you would be better of just pucking out normally

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭Nonoperational

Who?The ref?

I think the ref was coloured big time by the fact the Limerick player went down, which had nothing to do with the tap Horgan gave him. The positioning of the ref didn't look that good either.

Anyway, well done Limerick. Cork have their big day in 2 weeks.

I think the ref was coloured big time by the fact the Limerick player went down, which had nothing to do with the tap Horgan gave him. The positioning of the ref didn't look that good either.

Anyway, well done Limerick. Cork have their big day in 2 weeks.
    By the rules the ref was right and I don't think it would be turned by appeal

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Rubbish. There was absolutely no intent on Horgan's part to strike the player. The ball was coming at a very good angle to him and my reading is that he was intending to flick it on towards himself. The ball hit O'brien's forehead and he was holding his forehead initially as he fell. The ref could not have seen the incident 100% and if he was not 100% sure of what happened, he should not have given a red card.

Rubbish. There was absolutely no intent on Horgan's part to strike the player. The ball was coming at a very good angle to him and my reading is that he was intending to flick it on towards himself. The ball hit O'brien's forehead and he was holding his forehead initially as he fell. The ref could not have seen the incident 100% and if he was not 100% sure of what happened, he should not have given a red card.
    There was intent.It was pure stupid by Hoggie.You think Horgan didn't see POB infront of him?Why did his hurl come down on his head so?:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,533 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

His positioning for the whole game was woeful,he looked really unfit and slow and covered very little ground in general.
    I understand the sliotar can move very quickly over large distances but the ref was way off the pace .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

There was intent.It was pure stupid by Hoggie.You think Horgadidn't see POB infront of him?Why did his hurl come down on his head so?:rolleyes:
    Ccomplete rubbish.It was a one handed attempt to flick the ball .Their was no intent.Willam Egans challenge on conlan was far worse but again no intent.Doctors differ patients die.
    Same here.,the ref today had he's own stupid view.

Fair play to Ollie Moran.He said no way was it a red card.Every pundit had said the same.Ollie Moran played rugby for ireland at underage.I'm sure he knows dirty play when he sees it.

Rubbish talk to say Horgan meant it.

Common sense at last....fair play.

Ccomplete rubbish.It was a one handed attempt to flick the ball .Their was no intent.Willam Egans challenge on conlan was far worse but again no intent.Doctors differ patients die.
    Same here.,the ref today had he's own stupid view.

Fair play to Ollie Moran.He said no way was it a red card.Every pundit had said the same.Ollie Moran played rugby for ireland at underage.I'm sure he knows dirty play when he sees it.

Rubbish talk to say Horgan meant it.
    That's your view.Just because Moran says doesn't mean I have to go and agree with it.The ref was poor and it ruined the game but I felt it was deserved.Too many players went quiet in the second half and we were lucky to be within two points with a few minutes to g but 9 points was a bit much too.You couldn't begrudge Limerick and the invasion at the end was great.I think we will still have a rattle of Kilkenny.We have a good chance of beating them

Jamie Cal wrote: »
    Shane and Conor Sull were I'ndeed brilliant.

I'd of like McLoughlin in the half-back line to start and Tom Kenny in midfield from the off, Tom was exposed (as he always it seems) under puck outs, but to be fair he settled.

I keep going back to Paudie Sull, though. What a difference he'd of made. At least he'd have a bit of bottle to get on breaks.
    MOYLAN. should have seen game time.At least with Pebbles we would have not had Cussen on the bench.

I would start Lorchan at 5,and Cronin at midfield as we need to compete physically with KK.
    Start Lehane ,harnedy and Coughlan with Luke,Horgan and Moylan.
    If Horgan is out then we have no option but to start Cian Mac at Full Forward.

Cussen and Naughton best positions for Cork are left back.
    Left back in the dressing room.

MOYLAN. should have seen game time.At least with Pebbles we would have not had Cussen on the bench.

I would start Lorchan at 5,and Cronin at midfield as we need to compete physically with KK.
    Start Lehane ,harnedy and Coughlan with Luke,Horgan and Moylan.
    If Horgan is out then we have no option but to start Cian Mac at Full Forward.

Cussen and Naughton best positions for Cork are left back.
    Left back in the dressing room.
    Coughlan as good a hurler as he is will never be great simply because he is not naturally strong or big.Harnedy has great potential.Just tired in the second half.Egan didn win a ball on Breen.Lorcain and Kearney were good.Cian Mc,I dunno,might be interesting in full forward .Moylan should have come on before Cussen and Naughton.

That's your view.Just because Moran says doesn't mean I have to go and agree with it.The ref was poor and it ruined the game but I felt it was deserved.Too many players went quiet in the second half and we were lucky to be within two points with a few minutes to g but 9 points was a bit much too.You couldn't begrudge Limerick and the invasion at the end was great.I think we will still have a rattle of Kilkenny.We have a good chance of beating them
    NO it's not.I don't go with the status quo.I try and be logical.To say Horgan had intent is just laughable in fairness.
    I never begrudged Limerick.I congratulated them.here and on their own thread.
    My gripe is the Referee ruined the game as a contest and once Horgan was sent off their was only one winner.

NO it's not.I don't go with the status quo.I try and be logical.To say Horgan had intent is just laughable in fairness.
    I never begrudged Limerick.I congratulated them.here and on their own thread.
    My gripe is the Referee ruined the game as a contest and once Horgan was sent off their was only one winner.
    I didn't you as in you yourself but in general.By the rulebook the ref was right.Kilkenny do it all the time swinging back as they go up for it.I do think Horgan meant it.Maybe I am wrong but that's my view on it.I wont say any more on it now.Yes the decision ruined the game but its not the only reason we lost

Coughlan as good a hurler as he is will never be great simply because he is not naturally strong or big.Harnedy has great potential.Just tired in the second half.Egan didn win a ball on Breen.Lorcain and Kearney were good.Cian Mc,I dunno,might be interesting in full forward .Moylan should have come on before Cussen and Naughton.
    Rubbish with Coughlan.He is still underage.Dont judge him yet.
    He just came back from.injury.

He can win he's own ball.He doesn't need to be a gym bunny.Look at Hogan and th Reid for KK.JOE Deane was the same.

Once they have the bite and steel of mind they can survive with the right ball.

You clearly have no not seen much of Coughlan with all due respect.You seem to be a great man with views after the game.Pity you did not enlighten us with your thoughts during the week or after the Clare game.

Rubbish with Coughlan.He is still underage.Dont judge him yet.
    He just came back from.injury.

He can win he's own ball.He doesn't need to be a gym bunny.Look at Hogan and th Reid for KK.JOE Deane was the same.

Once they have the bite and steel of mind they can survive with the right ball.

You clearly have no not seen much of Coughlan with all due respect.You seem to be a great man with views after the game.Pity you did not enlighten us with your thoughts during the week or after the Clare game.
    Ah here goodnight.I have seen plenty of Coughlan with all due respect.Things have changed since Deane.With regards Hogan and Reid while both are light they are still a good bit stronger than Jamie.But you are right he is only 21 and hopefully I am proved wrong.Its tough for him just back from the op.I have not had my views changed because of todays result.I have given my view of the game.I don't expect everyone to agree but no need to call it rubbish.I know you are a logical poster and I try to be too.

Next big game is wed night...U21 v Tipp and the intermediates Friday night.

Draw for the footballers in the morning

• Advertisement

Four provincial finalists into a hat - Cork, Tyrone, Mayo and Meath
    Sound for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Next big game is wed night...U21 v Tipp and the intermediates Friday night.

Draw for the footballers in the morning

Who could we meet in opposite side of the hat? Kildare, Armagh, Cavan, Wexford?

Amprodude wrote: »
    Who could we meet in opposite side of the hat? Kildare, Armagh, Cavan, Wexford?
    Only team I would rather avoid is Armagh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Only team I would rather avoid is Armagh

Ye deserve a trip up North for the way ye played v Kerry in the first half:).

Ye deserve a trip up North for the way ye played v Kerry in the first half:).
    We do I suppose.:D

We do I suppose.:D

Avoid Kildare and Armagh would be our best bets. Armagh's last two games you cannot go by as their oppositions were mismatches. None of them wouldn't like to meet Cork at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,264 ✭✭✭✭Fireball07

Lads, while I definitely don't think Horgan should have been sent, don't think he'll get off on appeal either. Because there is a definite contact with the helmet, and by the letter of the law, it's a red. GAA will stick by the ref's decision imo.

I think some of our hurling players need to bulk up slightly, we are dominated physically by the bigger teams.

Fireball07 wrote: »
    Lads, while I definitely don't think Horgan should have been sent, don't think he'll get off on appeal either. Because there is a definite contact with the helmet, and by the letter of the law, it's a red. GAA will stick by the ref's decision imo.
    This is what I don't get.By the rules the ref was right but yet he was wrong.I don't understand

• Advertisement

Amprodude wrote: »
    I think some of our hurling players need to bulk up slightly, we are dominated physically by the bigger teams.
    I said this aswell.Limericks backs were able to just shove us off the ball.Now I don't want us to turn into gym junkies I would rather sticking to our strengths of first touch and pace.But a little bulking up would do most of them no harm

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement