Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,613 ✭✭✭me89

I'm a Tipp man and I think that Cork @10-1 are great value to win the all Ireland.
    A very average Waterford team playing badly sholud have beaten Kilkenny on Saturday night.:cool:

Yes but you could also say that a Kilkenny team playing poorly still managed to knock tipp and waterford out. They will improve from those two games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Thinkstoomuch

JBM is the only manager Cody has not beaten.He will be hell bent on doing it.
    If horgan is out the game is over before it starts.

and waterford out. They will improve from those two games.[/quote]
    I agree but two weeks time is short enough so hopefully they will be tired.
    Limerick dont look to have the beating of them 3 weeks later if Kk beat us.
    Limerick did not look anything special in the first half.Some of their best players were on the bench and should of started.

The football will be on the 29th and the hurling the day after.
    I hope we play galway as for the fact its cheaper for cork fans as it will more than likely be the gaelic grounds.

If its armagh,id say portlaoise probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 941 ✭✭✭yomtea98

The football will be on the 29th and the hurling the day after.
    I hope we play galway as for the fact its cheaper for cork fans as it will more than likely be the gaelic grounds.

If its armagh,id say portlaoise probably.
    27th and 28th I presume.The 29th is a Monday

• Advertisement

I'm a Tipp man and I think that Cork @10-1 are great value to win the all Ireland.
    A very average Waterford team playing badly sholud have beaten Kilkenny on Saturday night.:cool:
    We wont win the all Ireland even if we beat KK

yomtea98 wrote: »
    27th and 28th I presume.The 29th is a Monday
    my apologies youre right.
    Just saw the football no matter who we play is fixed croke park at 5 as a double header to meath and kildare or tyrone.

A night mare for Cork fans.

Just saw the football no matter who we play is fixed croke park at 5 as a double header to meath and kildare or tyrone.

That's a bollocks anyway.

Typical gaa dont give a f***k about the hardcore fans.
    To decide on a venue before we know the pairings is madness.

That's a bollocks anyway.
    To go to croke park for just a qualifer is madness.

• Advertisement

CORK V kK 28th at 2pm in thurles.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,706 ✭✭✭premierstone

The limerick player was fine.he just thought for a moment he was in the ul swimming pool the way he dropped to the ground.
    Mackey and ring were turning in their grave if they thouhht that was dirty.It was no where near dangerous play.

Whatever about the wrongs or rights of the red card, thought it was incredibly harsh myself, to accuse the Limerick man of going down easy or making a meal of it is well wide of the mark and tbh a downright lie, he got a belt of the sliotar in the face and a smack of a hurl in the back of the head ffs.
    me89 wrote: »
    Yes but you could also say that a Kilkenny team playing poorly still managed to knock tipp and waterford out. They will improve from those two games.

Why will they improve though? There is only one way there graph is going and it aint upwards, I think Cork have a great chance although Horgan is a big loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,972 ✭✭✭lukin

I'd say there won't be 100 Cork fans at Croker for the qualifier v Armagh/Galway. Especially when you factor in the dissatisfaction with Counihan and the hurler's playing the next day. I'll head up myself though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,577 ✭✭✭Zardoz

lukin wrote: »
    I'd say there won't be 100 Cork fans at Croker for the qualifier v Armagh/Galway. Especially when you factor in the dissatisfaction with Counihan and the hurler's playing the next day. I'll head up myself though.
    The GAA really like screwing the Cork supporters.
    The best supporters in the country per attendance and they get treated like dirt.

Couinhan then cries the fact that they get no support.He only has himself to blame.

But it should not be in croke park.Im unsure if ill go to it.The hurlers need it more as the footballers should beat armagh.

I have the u21 game wed and its a huge ask on fans to go to every game.
    If cork are beaten by armagh then we have sank to new lows.

Zardoz wrote: »
    The GAA really like screwing the Cork supporters.
    The best supporters in the country per attendance and they get treated like dirt.
    Its a joke to have that expense lumbered on us for a qualifer.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭Jamie Cal

Probably will, too. Wouldn't be much of supporters if we didn't.

Anyway, looking forward to the Cats game. A day out in Thurles at least!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Couinhan then cries the fact that they get no support.He only has himself to blame.

But it should not be in croke park.Im unsure if ill go to it.The hurlers need it more as the footballers should beat armagh.

I have the u21 game wed and its a huge ask on fans to go to every game.
    If cork are beaten by armagh then we have sank to new lows.

How incredibly dismissive of you.

I thought before the hurling this weekend that the general feeling here was one of over confidence that you would beat Limerick, and with my father being from Limerick, I was delighted to hear it because I fancied Limerick to win, The reason I bring it back to the hurling is this - there's nothing wrong with being confident, or even over confident to an extent, but to write off a team like Armagh by saying it would be a 'new low' for Cork football is lol-worthy tbqh

D'Agger wrote: »

I thought before the hurling this weekend that the general feeling here was one of over confidence that you would beat Limerick, and with my father being from Limerick, I was delighted to hear it because I fancied Limerick to win,

Cork would have handily won the match yesterday but for having to play half the match with 14 men .
    Limerick were only 2 points ahead with ten minutes to go despite playing against 14 men in extreme heat.

Cork would have handily won the match yesterday but for having to play half the match with 14 men .
    Limerick were only 2 points ahead with ten minutes to go despite playing against 14 men in extreme heat.
    Won the match handily?No chance.With 15 men we probably would not have won either.They were clearly the better team.To say we would have handily with Horgan on is crazy

• Advertisement

Won the match handily?No chance.With 15 men we probably would not have won either.They were clearly the better team.To say we would have handily with Horgan on is crazy

How were they clearly the better team ??
    I do not understand this.
    It was 10 points a piece at half time and Cork were the better team in the first half ,they should have been 4-5 points ahead but for poor shooting,they had 10 wides.

Limerick were 3 points ahead after 9 minutes but could only manage 6 more points in 27 minutes .
    Cork were the better team in the first half when it was 15 a side,they are slow starters.

It was 10 points a piece at half time and Cork were the better team in the first half ,they should have been 4-5 points ahead but for poor shooting,they had 10 wides.

Limerick were 3 points ahead after 9 minutes but could only manage 6 more points in 27 minutes .
    Cork were the better team in the first half when it was 15 a side,they are slow starters.
    The sending meant the game was over but even with him we would have struggled to beat them.We lucky to be so close with not long to go but the final score was a bit too large of difference.

The sending meant the game was over but even with him we would have struggled to beat them.We lucky to be so close with not long to go but the final score was a bit too large of difference.

Limerick scored nearly half their scores in the first and last ten minutes .
    In the first ten because Cork are slow starters and the last 10 because Cork were knackered ,and Cork usually finish games well .
    Cork would have won with 15 men ,no doubt about that.

D'Agger wrote: »

I thought before the hurling this weekend that the general feeling here was one of over confidence that you would beat Limerick, and with my father being from Limerick, I was delighted to hear it because I fancied Limerick to win, The reason I bring it back to the hurling is this - there's nothing wrong with being confident, or even over confident to an extent, but to write off a team like Armagh by saying it would be a 'new low' for Cork football is lol-worthy tbqh
    with all due respect the hurling has nothing to do with cork v armagh.

Its stupid to compare both.
    This armagh team as results have shown over the last few years bar jamie clarke and Aron kerernan etc are a poor team.
    Forget about ten goals against a dismal leitrim team.

The cork team even with a clueless manager has too much talent and even if CC goes with brawn over brains Cork are simply play at a different level to armagh.Our players would just walk through them.

This armagh team is not a patch on the 2002 team.To dress a defeat to them as anything other than a new low is nonense.

If armagh beat Cork Couinhan should be sacked.

You are off the mark in to say cork were over confident against limerick.Allen said the same.
    Cork knew this would be close and with all our injuries to say we just thought we would win handy is completely rubbish.

Agree limerick were well beaten in the first half.To say we would have won handily with 15 is a bit much though.We may well have won but at the very least it would have been a one score and not an 8 point game.For 55 min they struggled with us and down to 14 with all our injuries it was a bridge too far.

Im nt so sure.With 15 men they would have struggled to beat us.Their is just as much basis for that argument as well.

U21 team to play tipp
    1 patrick collins ballinshaig
    2.colm spillane castlelyons
    3patrick o mahony midelton
    4diarmulid lester bishoptown
    5damien cahalane st finbarrs
    6chrisopher joyce na piarsaigh
    7daniel o mahony carrigtwohill
    8brian murray bishopstown
    9rob o shea carraigline
    10jamie coughlan newtownshandruw
    11daire lordan coucrey rovers
    12conor lehane midelton
    13alan cadogan douglas
    14jamie wall kilbrittain
    15brian hartnett mildeton

Subs
    Tommy wallis midelton
    Colm barry castlelyons
    Kevin kavanagh carriglaine
    Nicky kelly mayfield
    Mark sugrue bandon
    Kevin hallisey eire og
    Barry lawtown castlematryr
    Cian buckley
    stephen murphy blackrock
    Extendend panel
    Michael collins
    Mark howard
    Killian burke

Strong team but hallmarks ger fitz all over it

Nicky kelly who was our best midfielder that he took off while having a fine game against tipp and played a huge part in loosing cant start ahead of a poor brian murray.
    Patrick collins is a minor and superb keeper and deserves to start but by the same token pa callaghan and michael cahalane should be added to the panel.

Willam mccarthy who jbm has used should be sub goalie but is not as ger picks he own club man instead.
    Cormac walsh and eoghan finn were injured.still it shoudnt affect cork.
    Colm barry is much better than daniel o mahony

Killan burke only on the extended panel and no dillon cahill who got 3 goals for cloyne last week and in the form of hes life

He plays colm spillane at corner back yet he is a better full back and mahony a better corner back

Still on paper a superb team good enough to win but do nt be shocked if ger fitz makes a ba**s of it like hes done the last four years and we see a team lacking belief.a flawed game plan and lacking a team unity and work ethic and still loose such is our mastermind in ger fitz ably supported by hes two wise men in dara holland and dara cronin.

The blind leading the blind.i hope for cork hurling im wrong and we still win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

Are u following the same Cork team that i have been watching?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement