Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards.ie Touch

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I think it's safe to remove [beta] from the topic at this stage. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭cargo

Sully wrote: »
    xsiborg wrote: »
    if you click on the little arrow off to the right sully instead of clicking on the thread title, it takes you to the last post in the thread... :)

Ah brilliant. While I have you - don't suppose you know is there anyway I can change the amount of posts that show per page?! :P

Sorry for bringing this up again but is this "arrow" contained in the email alert you receive to let you know theres new replies to a thread? I can't seem to locate it in the emails and end up at the start of the thread each time.

That said I do recall getting to the last post the odd time but I don't do anything different so the link must be different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Paddy

dahamsta wrote: »
    I think it's safe to remove [beta] from the topic at this stage. :)

gmail had the beta tag for 5 years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

cargo wrote: »
    Sorry for bringing this up again but is this "arrow" contained in the email alert you receive to let you know theres new replies to a thread? I can't seem to locate it in the emails and end up at the start of the thread each time.

That said I do recall getting to the last post the odd time but I don't do anything different so the link must be different.

The little blue arrow isn't in the emails, it's on the forums after the thread titles. It's just like the one above ofter your name in this quote.

The little blue arrow isn't in the emails, it's on the forums after the thread titles. It's just like the one above ofter your name in this quote.

I can't find it after the thread title or I can't see one on the quote in your reply either. I'm using an DHD running Android 3.5 viewing Touch boards. Am I still been a complete knob or is it something specific to my device / Android?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

I can't find it after the thread title or I can't see one on the quote in your reply either. I'm using an DHD running Android 3.5 viewing Touch boards. Am I still been a complete knob or is it something specific to my device / Android?

Please explain to me what you're trying to do :)

Please explain to me what you're trying to do :)

Hi Danny,

I'm just looking to get taken to the most recent (unread) post in a topic when I receive an email alert to let me know there's been some activity on a post I'm following.

When I click on the link in the email on my DHD I just get taken to the very start of the topic even though it may be a few years and pages old. Then I have to scroll to the end of the 1st page (as there's no page numbers at the top) and click on the last page and scroll down.

The posters above seem to have a workaround (the blue arrow referred to) but I can seem to find this shortcut.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Danny, any talk of replacing images with CSS to increase load speed. And perhaps making the forums list expand/collapse so it's easier to scroll to a letter?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

increase load speed, i presume you mean decrease speed :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Is there an easier way to post YouTube vids beside just cutting and pasting in the tags?

One X seems to want to highlight and paste over some of the tag when I long press. AH is being deprived of my panda wrestling vids.

• Advertisement

increase load speed, i presume you mean decrease speed :D
    No way, I want it to take ages :pac:

D'oh :D

Is there an easier way to post YouTube vids beside just cutting and pasting in the tags?

One X seems to want to highlight and paste over some of the tag when I long press. AH is being deprived of my panda wrestling vids.
    An YouTube or pic link could easily be added to the reply box screen. It's really annoying having to type out the code on a mobile.

The Boards.ie touch site is still very much in beta; plenty of room for improvement :) I believe it'll be up for a feature review some time in the future, so be sure to keep those ideas coming.
    Hi Danny,

I'm just looking to get taken to the most recent (unread) post in a topic when I receive an email alert to let me know there's been some activity on a post I'm following.

When I click on the link in the email on my DHD I just get taken to the very start of the topic even though it may be a few years and pages old. Then I have to scroll to the end of the 1st page (as there's no page numbers at the top) and click on the last page and scroll down.

The posters above seem to have a workaround (the blue arrow referred to) but I can seem to find this shortcut.

Hey there,

The email sends you a link to the full Boards.ie site. Then when we detect you're on a mobile device we send you off to the touch site. I'm guessing some stuff gets lost in translation and you land in at the start of the thread.

I'll see if I can confirm this and get it resolved for you. As far as I'm aware, there is no link in a thread on touch to bring you to the last unread post :)

Danny

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

smash wrote: »
    An YouTube or pic link could easily be added to the reply box screen. It's really annoying having to type out the code on a mobile.

be really nice too if the devs were able to work out a way to make the youtube code more efficient to reduce page loading times. i know neil has looked at it but it's fairly annoying the page loading times first off, and then you cant even play the video! :(

actually an [IMG]button would be a blessing! :D[/img]

be really nice too if the devs were able to work out a way to make the youtube code more efficient to reduce page loading times. i know neil has looked at it but it's fairly annoying the page loading times first off, and then you cant even play the video! :(

There are a number of factors at work on that one.

#1 - The iframe/HTML5 solution that works without flash has a bug in chrome that results in the video getting shoved half off the page when you right click it. Not an issue for phones since there's no right click, but a major issue for Google Chrome users (our biggest browser).

#2 - The video megathreads pages slow to an absolute crawl with > 10 iframe videos on it. I shudder to think how a phone browser will handle it.

It's not gone off the radar, but those are the issues we face :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

A pop up for when a PM is received would be nice, on my phone there is no way of knowing you have one unless I check my emails or go to the full site.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,970 ✭✭✭mufcboy1999

When's the app available for iPhone? Long over due, can't wait for it.

Another thing Danny:

When I'm on the desktop site and mark forums read, they're still unread on my phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

smash wrote: »
    Another thing Danny:

When I'm on the desktop site and mark forums read, they're still unread on my phone.

that reminds me actually, it'd be nice on the touch site if we were able to do a "mark this forum read", although i understand there are screen real estate restrictions, maybe just a button would do... :o

that reminds me actually, it'd be nice on the touch site if we were able to do a "mark this forum read", although i understand there are screen real estate restrictions, maybe just a button would do... :o
    could be added to the forums list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

Had a look over the last few pages but couldn't find anything. On an iPhone 4 using the touch site sometimes I get server not found error. I can load other sites fine and it happens on wifi or mobile
    Any ideas?

Are you trying to search at the time when you get the error?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,969 ✭✭✭hardCopy

Just noticed this morning that on the "latest posts"page I could see a thread posted in the "Reported Posts" forum.

I'm not a mod so probably shouldn't be able to see this, the link brought me to an error message so I couldn't read the thread but I could read the title of the offending post, name of the poster and name of the reporter.

I have a screen shot that I can PM to a dev later if it .

hardCopy wrote: »
    Just noticed this morning that on the "latest posts"page I could see a thread posted in the "Reported Posts" forum.

I'm not a mod so probably shouldn't be able to see this, the link brought me to an error message so I couldn't read the thread but I could read the title of the offending post, name of the poster and name of the reporter.

PM away

• Registered Users Posts: 21,242 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Twitter do a nice sideways swipe action to provide extra functions without sacrificing space. It'd be nice to see that sort of stuff be implemented here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,489 ✭✭✭✭guil

Are you trying to search at the time when you get the error?
    no the majority of the time i'm browning the apple forum and just trying to get back to the forum form a thread when it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

hardCopy wrote: »

PM away

Just sent you a pm with screen-shots of this as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Been meaning to post this for a while now but the mad smilie is pointing at an incorrect image url again - basically its now the reverse of what I reported in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056496479 :p

JohnK wrote: »
    Been meaning to post this for a while now but the mad smilie is pointing at an incorrect image url again - basically its now the reverse of what I reported in http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056496479 :p

This should be resolved :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

Is there a limit to the size of the options on a poll to make the piechart of the results?
    First two screenshots have 12 choices and appear fine, third has 17 and the piechart doesn't form up properly.
    Far from a tragedy or a serious issue. I presume that it is just that it runs out of screen space somewhere between 13 and 17 sections.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement