Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 JakeyGriff

yesno1234 wrote: »
    I have 2 F's aswell. Sweet looks like I'll only have to repeat two so. Delighted, although I have repeats for the stupidet reasons ever.

Glad I could help....Hey, we all do some stupid stuff and say "Why?" but what's done is done and all ya can do now is go grab yourself two C3s in the repeats and maybe a few pints along the way!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

JakeyGriff wrote: »
    Glad I could help....Hey, we all do some stupid stuff and say "Why?" but what's done is done and all ya can do now is go grab yourself two C3s in the repeats and maybe a few pints along the way!:D
    Cheers for the help Jakey!

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    Cheers for the help Jakey!

No worries!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

I know woke up half an hour late for an exam and then a module which required online hw to be done to passed I didn't get due to a computer error, I'd say I easily got a B in the exam, lecturer was in no way helpful either. Got so depressed at the end of 2nd semester when I didn't think I'd even pass enough to repeat but absolutely delighted to have the chance to go back. Won't make the same mistakes next year, thats what they all say though :P.

I know woke up half an hour late for an exam and then a module which required online hw to be done to passed I didn't get due to a computer error, I'd say I easily got a B in the exam, lecturer was in no way helpful either. Got so depressed at the end of 2nd semester when I didn't think I'd even pass enough to repeat but absolutely delighted to have the chance to go back. Won't make the same mistakes next year, thats what they all say though :P.

Bad one! Ah well, sure onwards and upwards!

• Advertisement

Bad one! Ah well, sure onwards and upwards!

Exactly can't wait for September already.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭Dunston

Whats the story with town tonight? Are the clubs open or what?

• Registered Users Posts: 28 LAC

Well i heard from the brother that trinity is closed down due to rat infestation there recently so i doubt that will be open if you meant in limerick but i doubt any will be opened tonight

Anyone here do Law and Accounting or did Law and Accounting? I got a d1 in Criminal Law 1 just wondering do I have to repeat and pass it for the sake of exemptions if decide to go down that route at the end of my degree.

Also anyone know if lecturers will be replying to emails, have a query and was going to email.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Anyone here do Law and Accounting or did Law and Accounting? I got a d1 in Criminal Law 1 just wondering do I have to repeat and pass it for the sake of exemptions if decide to go down that route at the end of my degree.

Also anyone know if lecturers will be replying to emails, have a query and was going to email.

They should, i had a query for David Fleming on history, he replied the next day which was a bank holiday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,978 ✭✭✭445279.ie

I'm all for free college education. When I left school 20 years ago I couldn't afford college. So now I'm doing my degree by night and paying nearly €4k per year plus I work 39 hours a week!

Get ur ass out of be in future and appreciate what you have ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

best emailing antoinette flynn or whoever is your advisor..

445279.ie wrote: »
    I'm all for free college education. When I left school 20 years ago I couldn't afford college. So now I'm doing my degree by night and paying nearly €4k per year plus I work 39 hours a week!

Get ur ass out of be in future and appreciate what you have ;)

I know I was so pissed off with myself after it, had pulled more or less an all nighter and decided to have an hour's kip before the exam, set my alarm and all, don't know whether it just didn't go off or I turned it off in my sleep (sounds stupid but has happened a number of times to me).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

can anyone answer which QCA must be over 2.00? is it this semesters or is it the average of both semesters?

garv123 wrote: »
    can anyone answer which QCA must be over 2.00? is it this semesters or is it the average of both semesters?

Your QCA is the first and second semester added together and then divided by 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

A lot of people are saying they failed modules where thay did really well in the project/course work but still failed. Often if you fail any part of the module you fail overall. Worth getting them rechecked though.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭toushea

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    A lot of people are saying they failed modules where thay did really well in the project/course work but still failed. Often if you fail any part of the module you fail overall. Worth getting them rechecked though.

Indeed ,is it not however a requirement that you be informed that a pass in each component of a module is necessary at the beginning of that module??
    (Section 1.4.3 Handbook of academic regulations and procedures ? ). I've currently got a fail in a module for which i got 32% in coursework , however the lecturer never outlined the basis for course assement at the beginning of the semester

toushea wrote: »
    Indeed ,is it not however a requirement that you be informed that a pass in each component of a module is necessary at the beginning of that module??
    (Section 1.4.3 Handbook of academic regulations and procedures ? ). I've currently got a fail in a module for which i got 32% in coursework , however the lecturer never outlined the basis for course assement at the beginning of the semester

same as you here. none of us were aware of it and we even had to buy the module note book thingys in the print room giving us all the info except for the fact that u had to get a certain grade in the exam

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

A1, A2, B1, B1 and ... a D1.

****ing stupid module with a worse lecturer. Blight upon
    my records and my QCA.
    :(

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

@zeouterlimits .Im pretty sure I know you from your username and can assume it was a certain ethics module that gave you that D1. If thats the case it happened to all the top students who took his course the year before too

EDIT: Just realised that that post was creepy sounding. This is Niall from kerry. If you are who I think you are I know your username from gaming in the internet cafe with you before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Thanks for the reply Niall (and hey).

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Anybody here do PO4022 in the exams? Got a C1, took it gratefully, it was a hard enough module.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Your QCA is the first and second semester added together and then divided by 2.
    Are you 100% sure on this and what is your source? im getting mixed replies and its a €171 question for me.

does the overall QCA = 2.0 or 2.0 for each semester to pass the year?

anyone speak to SAA that knows about it?

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

Tea_Bag wrote: »
    Are you 100% sure on this and what is your source? im getting mixed replies and its a €171 question for me.

Your QCA must be 2.00 for the year. So you can get 2.2 first semester and 1.8 second semester.

You can proceed to next year if your QCA is greater than 2.00 and you have no outstanding Fs.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Connavar

Your QCA must be 2.00 for the year. So you can get 2.2 first semester and 1.8 second semester.

You can proceed to next year if your QCA is greater than 2.00 and you have no outstanding Fs.

Thats assuming that the total credits for the modules in both semesters are equal

Connavar wrote: »
    Thats assuming that the total credits for the modules in both semesters are equal

Yes and assuming the factor is the same for both semesters.

They usually are for 1st and 2nd year but change for 3rd and 4th.

Tea_Bag wrote: »

The easiest thing to do is just go onto Student Records, View results so far, View all results and see what your Accumulated QCA is next to the last set of results for this semester just gone.

It is 2.0 for the year cause last year I got 1.68 and 2.32 for semester one and two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 CoJ265

Anyone know about the grades being capped at a c3? Does this mean that I have to write an A1 standard answer to get a C3? or will any standard higher than a C3 achieve a capped C3 result

CoJ265 wrote: »
    Anyone know about the grades being capped at a c3? Does this mean that I have to write an A1 standard answer to get a C3? or will any standard higher than a C3 achieve a capped C3 result

Second part is right - any standard higher than a C3 achieve a capped C3 result

• Advertisement

CoJ265 wrote: »

you can study your ass off for the repeat and get a A1 in the exam but it will only count as a c3 study your ass off and get a c3 and it will still count as a c3

Advertisement