Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

JohnnyQuid wrote: »
    :eek: I can't believe my eyes. 3 A2s, a B1 and a B2 in a module I was sure I had failed. I'm absolutely deliraa. Gonna havta go celebrate tonight and kill those brain cells that got me these grades.

Does anyone know how the degrees work? For a 1.1 degree what's the range for your qca, and so on?

Well done, qca > 3.4 is a first class honours.

But it does sometimes depend on the course you're doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,086 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

I passed everything , 1 b 3Cs and 1 d. Im not delighted with that but then a qca of 2.7 in 1st year isnt bad

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Above what QCA do you need for a 1.1 degree, as a matter of interest, freyners? Don't quite understand the degree/qca correlation :)
    it varies from course to course, my course needs a 3.3 for a 1.1 degrees

generally..from what i can remember
    1.1 degree is >= 3.4
    2.1 degree is >= 3.0
    2.2 degree is >= 2.7
    anything less is a pass degree.

those figures are probably incorrect slightly
    ask your course director for the bands for your course tho as they might be different like mine

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

Blocked Content Message

Access to your portal content has been withheld. Please contact Student Academic Administration immediately.

thats all im getting when i try access it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 918 ✭✭✭Agent_99

Had the same problem this morning, Called SAA 061213179 and they lifted the block, Something about Fees being late paid from the county council.

Access all areas now :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,900 ✭✭✭Eire-Dearg

I just got the letter there and there are four repeats listed at the bottom, 3 of which are Ds. Do I have to repeat those four?

I've calculated and bringing the single F up to a C3 will clear me past the 2.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Eire-Dearg wrote: »
    I just got the letter there and there are four repeats listed at the bottom, 3 of which are Ds. Do I have to repeat those four?

depends on your QCA i think...>2.0 and you dont i think

freyners wrote: »
    depends on your QCA i think...>2.0 and you dont i think
    I'm below the 2.0. Repeating the F and bringing it to a C3 takes me above it. Don't see the point in repeating the other three if that's the case.

Edit: Going by the form outlining the procedure to register for repeats, repeating Ds seem to be optional. I have to repeat the F obviously, but I think the four listed in the letter are just the four modules I have the opportunity to repeat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭yesno1234

I'm below the 2.0. Repeating the F and bringing it to a C3 takes me above it. Don't see the point in repeating the other three if that's the case.

Edit: Going by the form outlining the procedure to register for repeats, repeating Ds seem to be optional. I have to repeat the F obviously, but I think the four listed in the letter are just the four modules I have the opportunity to repeat.

No you have to repeat D's if your qca is below two, it doesn't matter if you passing the F and getting a c3 brings it up, afaik.

yesno1234 wrote: »
    No you have to repeat D's if your qca is below two, it doesn't matter if you passing the F and getting a c3 brings it up, afaik.
    Ah balls.

• Advertisement

Ah balls.

I know, had a qca of 1.98. Raging, have to repeat the d1 i got.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

I'm being told I have no modules to show, so is the girlfriend.

Anyone else getting that?

yesno1234 wrote: »
    I know, had a qca of 1.98. Raging, have to repeat the d1 i got.
    That's only 1, I've to repeat 4?!

What a joke this system is. The F is bringing me down not the Ds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 JakeyGriff

I had the same issue myself a year ago.....You don't have to repeat the Ds but you have to make sure that you don't get a D in the repeat exam for the F or your QCA could be in trouble and you threw away a chance then. I would recommend repeating at least one of the Ds because you can't do worse than a D in it and it covers your ass if you don't get a c3 in the F module.

JakeyGriff wrote: »
    I had the same issue myself a year ago.....You don't have to repeat the Ds but you have to make sure that you don't get a D in the repeat exam for the F or your QCA could be in trouble and you threw away a chance then. I would recommend repeating at least one of the Ds because you can't do worse than a D in it and it covers your ass if you don't get a c3 in the F module.
    So I don't have to repeat all four?

Ah here come on lads :pac:

wel i decided to go out and check the post to ind my big A4 letter :(

exams were terrible.

got an F in a subject (manufacturing tech 2) i was confident in :confused::confused: 50 percent of it was for practical work and project work which i had done pretty well.
    is there a chance one of them werent corrected? im prettu sure i didnt fail it and how do i check it out?

also i scraped two D's in the other two i was nervous about.
    My QCA for semester 2 is 1.52 and the QCA from semester 1 is 2.48
    that gives a 2.00in the "to date" section. Does this mean i have to only pass the manufacturing in the pepeats and not repeat the other two?

CiaranMT wrote: »
    I'm being told I have no modules to show, so is the girlfriend.

Anyone else getting that?

You must select the semester from the drop down menu and click 'show results'

For a fact I didn't have to repeat all the Ds just the F but I said I'd play it safe and repeat some of em.........If that has changed since it happened me last year I apologize.....I can only go from my own personal experience of the situation

For a fact I didn't have to repeat all the Ds just the F but I said I'd play it safe and repeat some of em.........If that has changed since it happened me last year I apologize.....I can only go from my own personal experience of the situation
    Yeah I know mate, surely it's not any different this year. Were you below 2.0 when you went into the repeats last year?

garv123 wrote: »
    wel i decided to go out and check the post to ind my big A4 letter :(

exams were terrible.

got an F in a subject (manufacturing tech 2) i was confident in :confused::confused: 50 percent of it was for practical work and project work which i had done pretty well.
    is there a chance one of them werent corrected? im prettu sure i didnt fail it and how do i check it out?

also i scraped two D's in the other two i was nervous about.
    My QCA for semester 2 is 1.52 and the QCA from semester 1 is 2.48
    that gives a 2.00in the "to date" section. Does this mean i have to only pass the manufacturing in the pepeats and not repeat the other two?

If your QCA is 2.00 or above after repeating the F you do not need to repeat the other 2 Ds, they're optional if you want to improve your QCA. Basically, as long as you have no Fs and your QCA is 2 or greater you can have Ds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,092 ✭✭✭CiaranMT

You must select the semester from the drop down menu and click 'show results'

We had done that, all previous semesters' results are up but nothing for the one just gone.

If your QCA is 2.00 or above after repeating the F you do not need to repeat the other 2 Ds, they're optional if you want to improve your QCA. Basically, as long as you have no Fs and your QCA is 2 or greater you can have Ds

cheers for that.

im in first year so i just need to scrape past the 2.00 and its a clean slate in second year we're told

anyone know how you go about getting the grades checked?

Yeah I know mate, surely it's not any different this year. Were you below 2.0 when you went into the repeats last year?

I wouldn't think so....My QCA was 1.80(I think) for the year going into the repeats with 2 Fs and had a few Ds also.

CiaranMT wrote: »
    We had done that, all previous semesters' results are up but nothing for the one just gone.

Strange one that. Did ye try selecting 'View All Results' from that menu?

I wouldn't think so....My QCA was 1.80(I think) for the year going into the repeats with 2 Fs and had a few Ds also.
    Similar enough to me, I'm 1.8 with 1 F and 4 Ds.

If I get a C3 in the F I'm up to 2.06 or something like that. Might repeat one of the Ds too.

garv123 wrote: »
    cheers for that.

im in first year so i just need to scrape past the 2.00 and its a clean slate in second year we're told

anyone know how you go about getting the grades checked?

Ya it is a clean slate so don't worry about that.....

There is some info here about rechecks
    http://www2.ul.ie/web/WWW/Services/Student_Affairs/Student_Administration/Student_Academic_Administration/Requests%3A_Transcripts,_Student%20I.D.%20Cards,Letters,_Replacment_Parchments_and_Recheck_Forms

Similar enough to me, I'm 1.8 with 1 F and 4 Ds.

If I get a C3 in the F I'm up to 2.06 or something like that. Might repeat one of the Ds too.

If you work out the different QCA scenarios it might help ya make a decision or post your exact grades here(only if you won't) and more people can give their input....Up to yourself

If you work out the different QCA scenarios it might help ya make a decision or post your exact grades here(only if you won't) and more people can give their input....Up to yourself
    Cheers lad, might do that later. All I wanted to know was whether I HAD to repeat all four or whether the Ds were optional.

That's only 1, I've to repeat 4?!

What a joke this system is. The F is bringing me down not the Ds.
    Cheers lad, might do that later. All I wanted to know was whether I HAD to repeat all four or whether the Ds were optional.

I have 2 F's aswell. Sweet looks like I'll only have to repeat two so. Delighted, although I have repeats for the stupidet reasons ever.

• Advertisement

Ya no worries. It's just that the Student Records calculates your residual QCA(what you can get if you have no Ds or Fs after the max of 4 repeats) as if you are going to repeat 4 modules, in your case an F and 3Ds so make sure to work out your QCA yourself as if the Ds were to be not repeated but the F is(obviously)......Work it out for the F becoming a D2,D1,C3 and see where you stand then......Sorry about the long winded rant but I've been through it before and it's not nice so if i can help i will....Good Luck with it!

Advertisement