Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results

Options
  • 17-06-2011 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭

Best of luck to everyone getting their results on Monday.

Post here if you are aware if the results are out early over the weekend with links and about the inevitable system issues that is known as the biannual slaughter UL IT fest :D

No letter received today but i'm not reading too much into that yet.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Dear UL, thank you for sending me a letter even though I didn't fail anything this semester. Sending people into caridac arrest before breakfast is no joke. However, I do appreciate knowing my results four days early.
    And may I just say......FOUR Bs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First semester since I started that I've no Ds or Fs.... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Finally tracked down the student portal and results page this morning. Unfortunately no leak.......yet!

I wonder with the redesign did they do more testing, or will the system be prone to just as much crashing!

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭brophya2007

SarahBeep! wrote: »
    Dear UL, thank you for sending me a letter even though I didn't fail anything this semester. Sending people into caridac arrest before breakfast is no joke. However, I do appreciate knowing my results four days early.

Congrats SarahBeep - did you get fail one in the xmas exams?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭SarahBeep!

Congrats SarahBeep - did you get fail one in the xmas exams?

Yeah but the difference is the one this time had info about registering for repeats.
    I came downstairs, saw the envelope and my mother just looked at me as if to say 'Really Sarah, again?!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 JakeyGriff

Ah yes but this now gives hope to people who are unsure whether they have a fail or not(Myself included:(). You getting a letter about repeating means that most letters might actually be sent out today!

BTW---->>>Well done on those results!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

Here is a link direct to the student records login page in case people are getting confused by the new website.

http://www.si.ul.ie/urd/sits.urd/run/siw_lgn

Log in there and then click student records on top left, exam results should be there.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

No leaks yet :-(. I wonder has the new site scuppered any chances of a leak?

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

No word about letters out of people i know, i really don't want to have to do PO4022 again!

Would your post normally be efficient? I know mine is decent enough and i'm out in Clare. What is this presidents letter thing? I've heard someone got one last year for doing well, I wonder did that arrive the day the "other letter" was due.

Well i'm from Tipp so i'm not quite sure if our post is efficient :P, i'd live near Limerick, a lot of people i know there, i don't think i'll be getting a letter from the President either :P. I remember last semester, the xmas results were leaked on the sunday night, so i wouldn't mind if i could see them as earl as that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 584 ✭✭✭Skintwin

SarahBeep! wrote: »

My heart attack happened when I saw TWO lwtters! My parents had even opened one (nil impressed!) They were about an i grade and registering to sit it. Thank you UL, for giving me my results....2 A2's, a B2, a B3 and an i grade to be taken. First year, you got OWNED. :cool:

Skintwin wrote: »
    My heart attack happened when I saw TWO lwtters! My parents had even opened one (nil impressed!) They were about an i grade and registering to sit it. Thank you UL, for giving me my results....2 A2's, a B2, a B3 and an i grade to be taken. First year, you got OWNED. :cool:

Well done!!!! i grade shmi grade :)... wish i had mine now so i could go on the lash, or slash depending on which way it goes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

no letter for me today, but I did get other post so postman did come. I'm in Limerick too.

honestly I'm 90% sure I failed at least 1 module. how do I check that UL has my correct address? can I do it online anywhere?

Maybe try student records??? or give SAA a ring? But maybe you've passed it:):).. i bet your in my class lol Loads think we failed one!! My post just arrived and no UL letter WOOHOO.. wait til you see ..it'll bloody arrive monday lol

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭bazkennedy

The President's Letter is a letter from Don congratulating you on an exceptionally high QCA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,576 ✭✭✭garv123

i never get post, ever. bank statement once every 2 months and this morning i had a letter int he post. Turns out it was nothing at all to do with ul:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

smilerxxx wrote: »
    Would your post normally be efficient? I know mine is decent enough and i'm out in Clare. What is this presidents letter thing? I've heard someone got one last year for doing well, I wonder did that arrive the day the "other letter" was due.
    bazkennedy wrote: »
    The President's Letter is a letter from Don congratulating you on an exceptionally high QCA

With a QCA above 3.5 you will receive a letter.

Don types it himself ! :pac:

TheTownie wrote: »

I got a qca of 2.6 for the xmas exams, if i kept it similar to that grade i'd be very happy. PO4022 was hard and boring :P.

One of the lads i know around the place failed three exams, sending shivers down the spine, wont be home for a while so i hope i've no letter, squeaky bum time now :P.

TheTownie wrote: »

Oh right lol. . .

• Advertisement

Skyrim wrote: »
    One of the lads i know around the place failed three exams, sending shivers down the spine, wont be home for a while so i hope i've no letter, squeaky bum time now :P.

Did they get a letter today???

I think so, the ULSU page on facebook was answering questions also, they said if you get a letter it should be today or monday.

I see. I'm unsure as to whether I passed or not but I got no letter today so fingers crossed!

You're the same as me so. I have not heard from any of my friends whether they got a letter or not and some of them would probably put it up on facebook for all to see. A qca of 2 is the magic number!

It's some sickener waiting for Monday....the worst thing is it's a link-in module.....it'd be dreadful if I managed to fail it again!! And I'm on co-op at the moment. I'll get over 2 on the qca with a d2 so not failin is the key!:p

I tried using the link from xmas, but to no avail:(

I hope i don't have to do academic literacies again.
    Another two people i know got letters today, i pray when i go home i don't have a simlar fate.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

What time are the results out on monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,059 ✭✭✭Squarewave

blockedPaT wrote: »
    What time are the results out on monday?

Midnight, maybe a bit earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭blockedPaT

Squarewave wrote: »
    Midnight, maybe a bit earlier.

Cool thanks

Advertisement