Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exam Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

dambarude wrote: »
    Have ULers been told that they'd be up at 12 midnight? Or is this just speculation?

Mary I students have been told they won't be up to til 9am.
    they were up at midnight last semester...hence the confusion

was on the portal page and nothing was up at twelve...crashed soon after..ill check later...good night folks

EDIT: defo arent up ATM..looks like waiting till nine it seems:/EDIT

• Registered Users Posts: 9 brianbhoy1888

the usual way www.si.ul.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

just got this off the evision

"The server is temporarily unavailable due to service or downtime."

Good sign hopefully :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

Funkstard wrote: »
    What link are you using to access the portal? I can't get anywhere near it. ITD furthering their shambolic existence.

www.si.ul.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

logged in there fine now...no results

Ditto. I hope to Jebus this is the last time I'll have to deal with this farce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

I would not mind getting them in the morning, provided the ITD can ensure people get their results with a minimum of fuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭smilerxxx

I'm officially annoyed

Skyrim wrote: »
    I would not mind getting them in the morning, provided the ITD can ensure people get their results with a minimum of fuss.

Ya i agree, but we know we'll be hours tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    Ditto. I hope to Jebus this is the last time I'll have to deal with this farce.

HAHA! Funny...

This happens twice a year every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,282 ✭✭✭Slugs

Right, **** this, I'll try again in the morning. Has anyone got the SAA phone number handy seeing as the site is a bollocks to navigate and can't seem to prove it to me =/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,300 ✭✭✭freyners

Skyrim wrote: »

unfortunately that has never happened

surely at this stage ul can afford a server that doesn't crash every time results come around. I mean i imagine things like the visit of the Dali Lama (wasnt that streamed?) or the special olympics had higher traffic
    does anyone no if this happens to every other college or is it unique to ul...

I can't even get the login page

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

freyners wrote: »
    unfortunately that has never happened

surely at this stage ul can afford a server that doesn't crash every time results come around. I mean i imagine things like the visit of the Dali Lama (wasnt that streamed?) or the special olympics had higher traffic
    does anyone no if this happens to every other college or is it unique to ul...

Every single semester. Never heard of it happening from my friends who are in different uni's. They should package this nonsense and advertise it as part of the UL experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Cossax

Someone in ITD should be given a beating for this.
    They know the expected demand and yet, year on year, they fail to be able to meet it.

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Skyrim

Oh well, ah we'll all get through it. :L I'll probably be sleeping a while this morning given McIlroy's historic win tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

TheTownie wrote: »
    HAHA! Funny...

This happens twice a year every year.

True - but I'm hoping these will be my last EVER exams in UL...

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH I've progressed from annoyed to mad!!!!!!

Anyone else still unable to load the login page?
    503 error

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

smilerxxx wrote: »
    503 error

Samesies over here. I was already on it 25mins ago, but the whole thing crashed.

I did not get my results,

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭TheTownie

503 error

The spike in traffic has caused it to crash.

• Advertisement

PunkFreud wrote: »
    Samesies over here. I was already on it 25mins ago, but the whole thing crashed.

I did not get my results,

Ya i got in before 12, but after 12 was a no go!!! KNOBS!!!:mad:

And i'm probably causing some of it..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

OOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH I've progressed from annoyed to mad!!!!!!
    You need to relax smiler, your on the way to a breakdown :D
    Is there anyone that has actually accessed their results or are we all just wasting our time trying to gain access to them?

You need to relax smiler, your on the way to a breakdown :D

I know dude :(:(.. hate waiting

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

I can get in to the student portal but it still says "Viewing your results has been disabled as students are currently being graded. Results are unavailable until after Spring grading where results will available on June 20th 2011." so I guess we've to wait until tomorrow...

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭PunkFreud

I can get in to the student portal but it still says "Viewing your results has been disabled as students are currently being graded. Results are unavailable until after Spring grading where results will available on June 20th 2011." so I guess we've to wait until tomorrow...
    First post. I cannot trust you >.>

• Registered Users Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭highlydebased

It does say that but it is now the 20th June. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭Rocky_Dennis

Cheers, best of luck to everyone, hope ye all pass :)

:D:D LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭LilRedDorcha

That's fair enough after the last idiot that had their first post here :P Good luck to everyone anyway!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

Still not back up.

503 error.

Its not exactly rocket science to estimate how many hits the site will get, how is it possible ITD are able to **** up so much, so often?

EDIT: its just gone from a 503 error to a 500 error (Internal Server Crash)...

i think its going to be down for a while this time.

Advertisement