Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel Prices

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,160 ✭✭✭Top Dog

Saab Ed wrote: »
    He calls this the new benchmark for world economic matters. I call it less fun too drive :(
    I'd call it me not driving anywhere that isn't absolutely necessary. Going for a spin for the sake of it is now a distant memory :(

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭doopa

gbee wrote: »
    We went to war with Saddam primarily because he sold oil in the Euro which did two things, it made the Euro stronger than the US dollar and cut off the scam that the US perpetrate in the oil dollar scam.

It works like this, everyone buys oil in dollars and the US sells dollars to everyone so they can buy the stuff, then the dollar is sent back to the US treachery in a slight of hand move, we've all made a few payments to the US for just buying the stuff.

THEN, then we have it as a commodity, now this should be made illegal as any trick in the book is used to jack up the price with one story or crisis after the other, Iran is threatening to close the gulf for a few days for it's naval exercise, Wall Street jack up the price of oil and release a false rumour that Iran is closing the gulf permanently ~ next. :)

I remember hearing that story about Saddam at the time - do you have any links? Also - why don't the EU convince at least some of the non-OPEC countries to sell in Euros? Surely some of the south americans would be up for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Seweryn

Top Dog wrote: »
    I'd call it me not driving anywhere that isn't absolutely necessary. Going for a spin for the sake of it is now a distant memory :(
    My fuel usage will drop hugely this year as well, but that means less revenue for the Goverment and future increses in taxes.

Seweryn wrote: »
    My fuel usage will drop hugely this year as well, but that means less revenue for the Goverment and future increses in taxes.
    The viscious circle continues. They tax us more, we use less, they put the tax even higher to get the same income off it .... never for one second realising that if they toned it back a little we'd start using more and they might actually see an increase in revenue :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,609 ✭✭✭creedp

Top Dog wrote: »
    The viscious circle continues. They tax us more, we use less, they put the tax even higher to get the same income off it .... never for one second realising that if they toned it back a little we'd start using more and they might actually see an increase in revenue :rolleyes:

Surely a reduction in usage is an indicator of success in this great country of ours! Isnt that what the greens said when they called for increases in fuel duty, sorry carbon taxes. The objective of carbon taxes is to reduce consumption so therefore its been a roaring success. Of course in reality for the Govt increases in duty are related to increase in tax revenue and in this case you are correct in that they fail miserably as total revenue doesn't increase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

160.9 petrol 157.9 diesel in my local :(

never thought i'd see the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,569 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

€30 for under 20 litres... WTF!! This is a joke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

157 for petrol and 155 for diesel in the local topaz. Filled the car with cheaper shíte, drank it down, 100 miles to half a tank!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

How's the IS200 on petrol?

Just got 55.82l at €1.579/litre, €88.14.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

All time record for me today, €131.84 for a fill!

• Advertisement

RoverJames wrote: »
    How's the IS200 on petrol?

Just got 55.82l at €1.579/litre, €88.14.
    Mixed.. It's not as bad as you think, if it's drivin properly...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Bearcat

We are staring down the barrel of a gun on this.....2:00€ a Litre is very much a reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

:eek:
    tumblr_lyw2cwKbPp1r3o9xzo1_400.jpg

159.9 for unleaded and 154.9 for diesel in my local. Got my diesel in the city last night for 152.9, and their unleaded was 154.9

• Registered Users Posts: 5,745 ✭✭✭el diablo

dgt wrote: »
    157 for petrol and 155 for diesel in the local topaz. Filled the car with cheaper shíte, drank it down, 100 miles to half a tank!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad:

"cheaper shíte" from which garage (if you don't mind me asking)?

You reckon you get more mileage from a Topaz fill-up? I've seen their advertising about getting more MPG with their petrol but was wondering how true it is?

We're all in this psy-op together.🤨

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Donne

fryup wrote: »
    160.9 petrol 157.9 diesel in my local :(

never thought i'd see the day

Anyone know why fuel prices have being throught the roof?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Most of the garages around my area have gone down from €1.56 last week to €1.50-€1.51 in the last few days. I never thought I'd be happy to be "only" paying €1.50 a litre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

el diablo wrote: »
    "cheaper shíte" from which garage (if you don't mind me asking)?

You reckon you get more mileage from a Topaz fill-up? I've seen their advertising about getting more MPG with their petrol but was wondering how true it is?

Would a mod let me put up the name of the forecourt? They were caught selling washed diesel recently :eek:

Generally I don't buy topaz fuel, I exclusively get my petrol in Texaco or BP, I find their fuels to be the pick of the bunch :) the light came on sooner than expected, I had to fill up and the nearest was the local topaz :)

My car is very picky about petrol, it will not tolerate bad fuel

• Registered Users Posts: 11,481 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Most of the garages around my area have gone down from €1.56 last week to €1.50-€1.51 in the last few days. I never thought I'd be happy to be "only" paying €1.50 a litre.

Notices the same as well, about 1.50/51 for diesel and 1.53/54 for petrol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Notices the same as well, about 1.50/51 for diesel and 1.53/54 for petrol

Petrol and diesel are the exact same price in all the garages around here, for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

oh ya, and where do you live?

Donne wrote: »

VAT increases since January and the euro falling in value against the dollar. The stuff happening in Iran doesn't help either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,761 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

el diablo wrote: »
    Donne wrote: »

VAT increases since January and the euro falling in value against the dollar. The stuff happening in Iran doesn't help either.

FWIW the SO has found that changing to Topaz lately has seen an increase in mpg in the Saab 1.9 Tid......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Crazy for this to be happening within two weeks! Diesel is gone from 149 to 155 in the garage I got it in and passed another (well known rip off) and it was actually the same price as petrol at 159!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

So....let's organise a protest. **** this 1.59.9 ****e.

425545_433072024942_507049942_1523060_400162256_n.jpg

Less than three years ago...

Less than three years ago...

A sunny day? :eek:

double post

ottostreet wrote: »
    425545_433072024942_507049942_1523060_400162256_n.jpg