Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Fuel Prices

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

A friend of mine got Diesel today for €1.33/L, mind you he did buy 1,200 litres of it and filled his home tank. Buying in Bulk and all that I suppose.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,183 ✭✭✭99nsr125

Max Power1 wrote: »
    No it hasnt, there are still a lot of pre 2008 diesel cars, so we should just convinietly forgot them these?

I'm not forgetting about them, my car is one of them.

The ideal solution which everyone/nearly everyone
    agrees with is no cax tax, all duty on fuel, active/inactive cars
    logged by NCT/Insurance database.

However that's not going to happen any time soon, so
    with the revised CO2 car tax system and without an equalisation
    of duty rates we're distorting the market again.

I want balance

which could equally mean a reduction in petrol duty
    but that ain't goinig to happen any time soon either.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

The old "put all taxes on fuel" chestnut again.
    I need to commute and I'm glad prices are coming down (Tesco in Limerick diesel at 1.369), can't see any of these loony schemes getting adopted by the government, thank christ.
    So at least a tiny bit of light at the end of the tunnel for me at long last.
    And in the end it's six of one and half a dozen of the other.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

texaco clondalkin down again to 1.42.3

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

robbie_998 wrote: »
    texaco clondalkin down again to 1.42.3

And diesel at 1.34

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,222 ✭✭✭robbie_998

And diesel at 1.34

cheers... i keep forgetting to look at that !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭Tito Ortiz

And diesel at 1.34

Just paid 1.50 for petrol.Diesel was 1.40 the robbin fecks !!!!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Just paid 1.49 for petrol from topaz, 33.5 ltr's of the golden wonder juice :rolleyes:. It was lower last night! :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭Bandara

both E5 and Derv will be going up several cents over the weekend/monday

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

dont say that!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 11,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. Manager

Tito Ortiz wrote: »
    Just paid 1.50 for petrol.Diesel was 1.40 the robbin fecks !!!!:mad:

That's outrageous. The price I quoted was just before I got home. Passed through the village, stopped at Tesco, posted the price on boards.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,536 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Haven't seen any petrol station in Cork city below 1.489 recently. Looks like the recent drop gave us a skip! No doubt this weekend's increase won't.......

• Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

fair fuks to that garage down in Ballyvolane Cork that has petrol at 137.9:eek:

by far the cheapest in the country (wonder is it a mistake?)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,509 ✭✭✭jaffa20

Have the prices gone up yet again? My local pumps were 147 a few days ago and now it's 151 again:mad:

prices seem to be all over the shop this week

alot of garages have raised their prices but some remain the same> 147.9

• Registered Users Posts: 26,283 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

petrol 1.44 diesel 1.36 at the garage between inchicore and james hospital today

• Registered Users Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

€134.9 10 miles after Newry on the M1 southbound for white diesel. Omeath is the cheapest in the country at £122.9 if you can find it...

€134.9 10 miles after Newry on the M1 southbound for white diesel....

you'd be a brave man to buy it though

€134.9 10 miles after Newry on the M1 southbound for white diesel. Omeath is the cheapest in the country at £122.9 if you can find it...

omeath:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 205 ✭✭racer1

fryup wrote: »
    prices seem to be all over the shop this week

alot of garages have raised their prices but some remain the same> 147.9

I notice it at well.... They are like sheep... Once 1 garage goes up they all follow... There is no competition IMO... There are 2 garages in particular on my way to work and when diesel was at its highest one was 148.9 and the other 144.9. 4 cent in the difference. Today they are the same. They have both just put up there prices by 2cent from 138.9....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭kc66

I always fill up in ardee. One of the cheapest in the country. 141.9. Until a couple of days ago, went up 4c. So prices must be on the way up again.

racer1 wrote: »
    I notice it at well.... They are like sheep... Once 1 garage goes up they all follow... There is no competition IMO... There are 2 garages in particular on my way to work and when diesel was at its highest one was 148.9 and the other 144.9. 4 cent in the difference. Today they are the same. They have both just put up there prices by 2cent from 138.9....

yes, because they are operating off a 2 or 3 cent per litre margin so when fuel goes up they all have to put it up or sell for no margin.

:confused:

And as for no competition, you are aware that selling fuel is way down the list of priorities for a service station? They make 80% of their income from their shop car wash etc so believe me there is absolute cut throat competition between local stations, most are fighting to stay open in this economy.

You don't understand the fuel business.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Garages around me have put their petrol up by 4c a litre overnight. Fookers! Tis now 152.9 around my way :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 18,396 ✭✭✭✭kippy

I *think* the cheapest diesel in Galway city is about 3 miles outside the city on the right as you go towards headford. Not sure of the name of the station.
    I paid 135.9 there for diesel yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,316 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

135.8 in Caragh Applegreen.

That place has always been consistently cheaper then the competition and the shop and forecourt is spotless too

Hammertime wrote: »
    Some lorry companies are only using green diesel these days because its better quality than the DERV at most filling stations since its often washed or washed and white mixed.
    If I DID decide to use green diesel and avoided a fine for 16 weeks it would have paid for itself and my engine would be in better condition.
    I can guarantee you that no matter where you go in the country or how much you pay, you aren't getting pure top quality diesel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I can guarantee you that no matter where you go in the country or how much you pay, you aren't getting pure top quality diesel.

Can you really guarantee that? It's quite a statement...

Any further info beyond the statement itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,904 ✭✭✭GTE

Hammertime wrote: »
    €134.9 10 miles after Newry on the M1 southbound for white diesel....

Is that the Applegreen on M1 services? Why do you say that?

-Chris- wrote: »
    Can you really guarantee that? It's quite a statement...

Any further info beyond the statement itself?
    Not the best idea to throw about personal details/business names online.

Maybe guarantee was a strong way to put it but I know a few people who run petrol stations and I know of one guy who audits them and according to him he finds something dodgy at 90% of his visits but they are within allowed boundaries. Eg. Fuel with small amounts of kero added, Diesel which is only 98% diesel and has traces of red dye, Petrol not meeting octane rating... the list goes on.
    All of these could be blamed on equipment not being properly cleaned but in reality we know how it happens.

• Advertisement

bbk wrote: »
    Is that the Applegreen on M1 services? Why do you say that?
    Its before the Applegreen, called Eco-something.

Advertisement