Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭cmac2009

Sad to see so many people find Alex Jones "entertaining", considering the amount of bile he spouts and the subsequent actions of his unhinged listeners. Have a read of what some the parents of Sandy hook had to go through after his spread his malicious theories, absolutely repulsive.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

cmac2009 wrote:
    Sad to see so many people find Alex Jones "entertaining", considering the amount of bile he spouts and the subsequent actions of his unhinged listeners. Have a read of what some the parents of Sandy hook had to go through after his spread his malicious theories, absolutely repulsive.

He's a fcuking scumbag

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

cmac2009 wrote: »
    Have a read of what some the parents of Sandy hook had to go through after his spread his malicious theories, absolutely repulsive.

It's never wise to refuse to question something just because it is an emotional topic. I've watched all the documentaries about Sandy Hook, and there are certainly a lot of really strange things that happened. Essentially no CCTV footage, Gene Rosen's multiple interviews (including the rehearsal video), the people walking in circles around the firehouse, credible reports of additional shooters, Gofundme type webpages set up before the event actually occurred, percentage kill to injury ratio, Robbie Parker laughing before then crying on TV. Nothing that is 100% proof of conspiracy, but a lot of things that don't fit the "pattern" of what happens in a school shooting.

Jones should have been more reserved in his remarks, but it should never be out of bounds to question something just because it upsets people. Getting to the truth should always be the overarching goal, particularly when Government may use these types of event to introduce legislation.

I’d say the Dorsey thing was off limits given that Rogan is getting him back on the show to answer non softball questions.

He went on 30 minute rants about how Dorsey company was funding The Joe Rogan Experience (and basically concluded that this was the reason for the soft interview). I don't understand how he can just let that point go in particular, or at least address it on the show.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭cmac2009

It's never wise to refuse to question something just because it is an emotional topic. I've watched all the documentaries about Sandy Hook, and there are certainly a lot of really strange things that happened. Essentially no CCTV footage, Gene Rosen's multiple interviews (including the rehearsal video), the people walking in circles around the firehouse, credible reports of additional shooters, Gofundme type webpages set up before the event actually occurred, percentage kill to injury ratio, Robbie Parker laughing before then crying on TV. Nothing that is 100% proof of conspiracy, but a lot of things that don't fit the "pattern" of what happens in a school shooting.

Jones should have been more reserved in his remarks, but it should never be out of bounds to question something just because it upsets people. Getting to the truth should always be the overarching goal, particularly when Government may use these types of event to introduce legislation.

You've missed the point obviously, there are many other examples, pizzagate etc. I won't get into the conspiracy theory nonsense, there is another forum for that thankfully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,551 ✭✭✭✭briany

I’d say the Dorsey thing was off limits given that Rogan is getting him back on the show to answer non softball questions.

Jones it right about most things. It’s the 10% of stuff he goes on about that’s clearly bat**** that gives him his reputation. He’s ultimately a good guy.

Googling along with bits of this interview, I found there were sources for much of what Jones was saying, but he injects his own degree of spin onto the source material to add a sinister edge, or he'll cite a couple of lines from an obscure book (he would probably assert the book's obscure because it's being suppressed).

He has Jack Dorsey back, with Tim Pool. On live now, should be interesting. I presume the third guy is Dorsey's sidekick who has explanations for the disenfranchising of certain users. (he said that he was gonna bring somebody with him the next time).

Finding it really hard to care about this twitter tiff. It was all covered by Dorsey already. Twitter is huge. Of course it's content moderation isn't going to be perfect. Tim Pool is being narrow minded and pedantic.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

"Thanks for the feedback" - Tim did a super job - and after the whole ****storm that followed the last one, joe just let him at it with no pull backs or censorship - its being received really well anyway, I really enjoyed the 1st hr I must say, will watch the rest later

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Finding it really hard to care about this twitter tiff. It was all covered by Dorsey already. Twitter is huge. Of course it's content moderation isn't going to be perfect. Tim Pool is being narrow minded and pedantic.

Completely agree.
    Twitters explanation of why specific people were banned were pretty good and I wouldn't have an issue with it.
    Whether or not they have a left leaning tendency is still open for debate but I think most of the people employed by twitter may be left leaning and as such their implementation of their policies have been left leaning because of this. There is no specific policy that is driving it it would appear.

I was completely on board with Tim Pool's assessment of twitter prior to this but I think the explanations so far have made sense.

That being said, I'm not on Twitter and don't really care about what goes on there. As an interface its a mess in my opinion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,550 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Really like the Tim Pool guy never seen him before.

He did a great job pointing out their biases.

Tweet "Learn to Code" get an instant suspension, tweet you want to kill the Covington kids "well you have to look at the context".

Why didn't you ban Katy Griffin "well she didn't technically dox the kids buy ya we probably should of banned her"

The lady makes my skin crawl.

All of these American companies have a liberal viewpoint which makes them unsuitable to moderate anything objectively. A number of cases were cited to them demonstrating where conservative voices said something for which they were banned, and then a person with a liberal viewpoint said something worse and they were not banned. The Twitter people kept hiding behind the ambiguity that they were afforded by the phrase "pattern of behaviour".

If anybody on the conservative side had said what Kathy Griffin said they would have been banned. But the benefit of the doubt is always given to people who have a similar ideological viewpoint to Twitter.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

They are corporate entities though, not anything goes bastions of free speech. If they don't ban someone whose views align with theirs and ban someone who they don't agree with isn't that just kinda the rules of the game? People get very befuddled over that, surely, I'm not the only one who doesn't find it the least bit surprising?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

All of these American companies have a liberal viewpoint which makes them unsuitable to moderate anything objectively. A number of cases were cited to them demonstrating where conservative voices said something for which they were banned, and then a person with a liberal viewpoint said something worse and they were not banned. The Twitter people kept hiding behind the ambiguity that they were afforded by the phrase "pattern of behaviour".

If anybody on the conservative side had said what Kathy Griffin said they would have been banned. But the benefit of the doubt is always given to people who have a similar ideological viewpoint to Twitter.

You're forgetting that a lot of Twitters action is based off of people reporting Tweets. You have a big Left\Right characteristics at play. The Left are outraged at everything and will report tweets. The Right are generally not as quick to temper or indeed that fussed if someone on the left says something ban worthy and as a result dont tend to report as many Tweets.
    Its impossible for Twitter to monitor every single account so sweeping generalizations about intent of certain phrases will be common.

I'm definitely right leaning in my viewpoints but I honestly dont have a problem with what Twitter are doing. If someone is taking directions on how to act from Kathy Griffin then I think there's no hope for you regardless of how Twitter acts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

Arghus wrote: »
    They are corporate entities though, not anything goes bastions of free speech. If they don't ban someone whose views align with theirs and ban someone who they don't agree with isn't that just kinda the rules of the game? People get very befuddled over that, surely, I'm not the only one who doesn't find it the least bit surprising?

That's what I always felt too. Often people complain about Twitter like its some public service. Go make/use another platform if it's so awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

ardinn wrote: »
    i think I heard he is getting around $75.000 per episode - so make of that what you will regards the above

The reason I came in here is to get you all to listen to 1250 Johann hari.

IT IS SENSATIONAL

Almost brought me to tears on a few occasions but it is an utterly fantastic spitfire of truth about the ridiculous policy regarding the war on drugs and the human impact in places like mexico and beyond.

Johann explains it so well in plain english and outlines with proven results legalization has had in other countries.

I cannot recommend a better listen for 3hrs of your life than the below

Wow!!
    One of the best JRE podcasts ever!

Wow!!
    One of the best JRE podcasts ever!

Literally just finished his audiobook "Lost Connections" last night. Its very good

Literally just finished his audiobook "Lost Connections" last night. Its very good

Was just on amazon looking at it, looks very good, I might get it.

Was just on amazon looking at it, looks very good, I might get it.

I went for Lost Connections as its narrated by Johann himself. I quite liked his voice in the podcast. Also having had sporadic issues with mental health over the years and dabbled with SSRI's, a lot of it resonated with me. I'm gonna listen to Chasing the Scream now (which I recall the podcast was more focused on e.g. failure of war on drugs). Chasing the Scream seem to be more highly rated and revered.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

I see the Alex Jones/rogan thing they recorded is gone off YouTube and the channel banned. The one they made a few days ago. Typical.

They’ll be coming for Joe next.

• Advertisement

I see the Alex Jones/rogan thing they recorded is gone off YouTube and the channel banned. The one they made a few days ago. Typical.

What channel?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

ardinn wrote: »
    What channel?

Some secondary channel related to Alex Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

This American Life did a podcast about Alex Jones last week (Beware The Jabberwock) that gives a good background on him. Never realized just how damaging the Sandy Hook theories have been to parents of the kids. They spoke to one of the families who have had to move addresses 8 times.

Joe isn't a complete ****ing dickhead inciting violence against parents of dead children so I reckon he'll be okay

If you havent watched any of this PLEASE just skip to exactly 2 hours in and watch for 5 minutes, its possibly the funniest 5 minutes of this show ever! Joe goes for a piss and comes back to this...

"Cats at the edge of the ice wall on flath earth pushing things off" almost made me sick laughing!

****ing awesome!!!
    He's a lunatic but so entertaining, I would love to go for a few pints with Alex and Eddie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,538 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

****ing awesome!!!
    He's a lunatic but so entertaining, I would love to go for a few pints with Alex and Eddie!!

Only in America can someone like Alex be famous and not locked up somewhere,

The Interdimensional bullsh*t he goes on with , like WTF are you on about ,

How is he taken seriously at all is beyond me , he is like an much worse version of JAY from inbetweeners everything he says he makes up .

Actually listening on from that (it was funny) but jesus when he goes on about the interdimensional aliens, and that consciousness is like some giant comet going through the universe - fuxake .. too much.

Joe Rogan should be careful, he has had on really good guests, Neill DeGrasse Tyson, Brian Cox, Sam Harris, Roger Penrose, Jonathan Haidt .... etc.

These guys won't wanna be associated with this nonsense and might not come back, which will be a shame.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

Only in America can someone like Alex be famous and not locked up somewhere,

The Interdimensional bullsh*t he goes on with , like WTF are you on about ,

How is he taken seriously at all is beyond me , he is like an much worse version of JAY from inbetweeners everything he says he makes up .

There's quite a few in Europe too, David Icke, Gemma O'Doherty (here in Ireland) and there's quite a few Skandy ones too. But they've a tendency to orbit the Political fringes rather than full on Entertainment.

When I saw that podcast pop up I was in work and read it as lasting 4minutes so I thought it was just a brief reach out from Rogan. 4 hours later I was still laughing my head off.

• Advertisement

Actually listening on from that (it was funny) but jesus when he goes on about the interdimensional aliens, and that consciousness is like some giant comet going through the universe - fuxake .. too much.

Joe Rogan should be careful, he has had on really good guests, Neill DeGrasse Tyson, Brian Cox, Sam Harris, Roger Penrose, Jonathan Haidt .... etc.

These guys won't wanna be associated with this nonsense and might not come back, which will be a shame.

Jre is probably the worlds leading podcast and is well known for his variety of guests - anyone in the world who goes on is nearly guaranteed a financial windfall re booksales, youtube hits and the general publicity it brings.

Also Joe couldnt give a fuk if anyone didnt want to do his podcast, he has the best of the best begging him to get on! for the above reasons!

Advertisement