Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

giphy.gif

Best Gif ever

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

Joe Rogan, having made up with Alex Jones, was on his Infowars the other night. And it turns out that Owen Benjamin, who had been bashing Joe Rogan (he refers to as Toe Rogan because he is small and bald), has had a row with Alex over his Jew bashing when he was presenting on Alex's show. It's like the WWE at this stage, I can't even remember who is heel and who is babyface.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

giphy.gif

If Alex had had a heart attack, Eddie Bravo would have been done for manslaughter.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

If Alex had had a heart attack, Eddie Bravo would have been done for manslaughter.

It would have been covered up and the Muslims would have taken the fall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭cmac2009

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/31/sandy-hook-shooting-suicide-parents-fake-news-conspiracy

Very sad reading. Alex Jones et al. have a lot to answer for, and anyone who gives them platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭JRant

cmac2009 wrote: »
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/31/sandy-hook-shooting-suicide-parents-fake-news-conspiracy

Very sad reading. Alex Jones et al. have a lot to answer for, and anyone who gives them platform.

Have you ever heard of the saying "sunshine is the best disinfectant"?

You also can't be held accountable for other people's words, that is a very dangerous game to play.

Name one other podcast that has the same breath of topics and views as Rogan's?

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

Ben Shapiro can be tough work sometimes. His opinions are at odds with modern society. He believes in abstinence before marriage, believes single-motherhood is a choice and is against abortion.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Ben Shapiro can be tough work sometimes. His opinions are at odds with modern society. He believes in abstinence before marriage, believes single-motherhood is a choice and is against abortion.

Love ben but that was tough, turned me off him a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭JRant

While I disagree with him on those points he clearly states they are just his personal opinions and he has no interest in telling others how to live their lives.

The problem arises when people try to force their morals on others. I think it's good to listen to someone whom you may disagree with on a personal level and still have a conversation with them.

It was also one of the more light-hearted conversations I've heard with Shapiro. I especially liked how Rogan was kind of making him laugh uncomfortably by mentioning gay sex so much. I don't think it was premeditated but it was funny.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

JRant wrote: »
    While I disagree with him on those points he clearly states they are just his personal opinions and he has no interest in telling others how to live their lives.

The problem arises when people try to force their morals on others. I think it's good to listen to someone whom you may disagree with on a personal level and still have a conversation with them.

It was also one of the more light-hearted conversations I've heard with Shapiro. I especially liked how Rogan was kind of making him laugh uncomfortably by mentioning gay sex so much. I don't think it was premeditated but it was funny.

Yes he made it clear that those are his personal opinions, yet its worrying that his job is basically to debate and give his opinions on current events. Where does his personal opinions end and his professional(?) opinions start.

It was a good interview though. Joe rarely asks tough questions and he really pushed a few issues and Ben unsurprisingly dealt with them quite well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Captain Red Beard

Going live with Kevin Hart now. Could be a laugh.

That was really good - Hart is an unreal person

Yang is the decent democrat they need.

This is someone I would vote for if I was American, this is a candidate that can beat Trump.

Yang is on Ben Shapiro's latest podcast. Should be interesting as I assume Ben is against UBI

• Registered Users Posts: 4,497 ✭✭✭auspicious

Rogan is a bull**** artist whom succumbs to authority.

auspicious wrote: »
    Rogan is a bull**** artist whom succumbs to authority.

Tell me more

Tell me more

I shalln't. Rogan has some nice guests but still it's all a pop. narrative.

Get some high brow in:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=21rydhdjC1s&t=15s

New thinking allowed is the biz.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,809 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

He doesn't sound like he knows much about reality then, thank God I've never looked into him

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I shalln't. Rogan has some nice guests but still it's all a pop. narrative.

Get some high brow in:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=21rydhdjC1s&t=15s

New thinking allowed is the biz.

Come on now. Do you really think half formed gnomic pseudo meaningful sentences - replete with the de-rigeur name dropping of Heidegger - is the proper way to express yourself with any precision?

Arghus wrote: »
    Come on now. Do you really think half formed gnomic pseudo meaningful sentences - replete with the de-rigeur name dropping of Heidegger - is the proper way to express yourself with any precision?

Perhaps from your world perspective Heidegger is de rigUeur but for many he is an unknown.
    My ambiguous post, as you put it with your verbiage, was precisely that: designed to prompt investigation.
    By all means start with Rogan but for more concise discussions on fringe topics New Thinking Allowed is a gem.
    Granted a link involving Jason Reza Jorjani throws one in at the deep end yet his eminent knowledge is a must and drills down in to the material while Rogan only scraps the surface.
    I do hope your can truly forgive me for my earlier laconic post. I will try to be more succinct in the future ;)

Perhaps from your world perspective Heidegger is de rigUeur but for many he is an unknown.
    My ambiguous post, as you put it with your verbiage, was precisely that: designed to prompt investigation.
    By all means start with Rogan but for more concise discussions on fringe topics New Thinking Allowed is a gem.
    Granted a link involving Jason Reza Jorjani throws one in at the deep end yet his eminent knowledge is a must and drills down in to the material while Rogan only scraps the surface.
    I do hope your can truly forgive me for my earlier laconic post. I will try to be more succinct in the future ;)

'scrapes'

• Advertisement

Thanks for the correction. I guess the post is null and void.

SCRAPES

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

I do hope your can truly forgive me for my earlier laconic post.I will try to be more succinct in the future ;)

Intelligenti pauca.

Arghus wrote: »
    Intelligenti pauca.

I think more people would struggle with gnomic than succinct. Buts let's not get off topic.
    When did Ireland become so passive aggressive?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,686 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

Listened to the Ben Shapiro one yesterday. I gotta say its interesting. I think its no harm for folks to hear opinions form people you would drastically disagree with.

I do agree with Joe Rogan on the idea of too many people these days only read and follow the same kinda people they only agree with; and get crazy offended by everything else, outside of their bubble [making no effort to argue or debate].

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

Worth posting, my favourite thing ever from JRE.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭Johnny Drama_11

I see the live streams are gone, anybody know why?

Graham Hancock was on yesterday if that takes anyone's fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Graham Hancock was on yesterday if that takes anyone's fancy.
    Listened to Hancock today. It was entertaining but it kind of turned me off Rogan a little bit.
    He attacks anti-vax, Conspiracy theories and other pseudo-scientific topics whenever his guests agree with him but when Hancock presents theories that go against the the accepted scientific consensus he nods in agreement.

Hancock says that we blindly accept these truths from authority figures such as archaeological societies and Rogan agrees yet he wants us to accept modern science when it comes to topics he believes in.

For the record I agree with most of what Rogan believes in and I understand he has to let the guest talk but he should at least be consistent with his views

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

seannash wrote: »

For the record I agree with most of what Rogan believes in and I understand he has to let the guest talk but he should at least be consistent with his views

Or he's high as **** so it doesn't bother him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

evil_seed wrote: »
    Or he's high as **** so it doesn't bother him

Why did it bother him the other times though and in fact cause him to vehemently chastise people on the other side about it

Advertisement