Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Apparently it is absolutely excellent - listening now!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

I'm only 20 minutes in on the Alex Jones podcast and its a hard listen already. Jones flies off on a rant a the drop of a hat. Rogan so far hasn't been able to reign him in.
    However he does seem to be backtracking a fair but on his claims about Sandy Hook and other conspiracies he has peddled in the past. He must be looking to get back on Social media after being deplatformed.
    Not sure I'll stick the 4 hours to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

seannash wrote: »
    I'm only 20 minutes in on the Alex Jones podcast and its a hard listen already. Jones flies off on a rant a the drop of a hat. Rogan so far hasn't been able to reign him in.
    However he does seem to be backtracking a fair but on his claims about Sandy Hook and other conspiracies he has peddled in the past. He must be looking to get back on Social media after being deplatformed.
    Not sure I'll stick the 4 hours to be honest

Made it 2 hours, turned it off. its desperate.

I'm all for hearing about conspiracies but the way he jumps from topic to topic is beyond frustrating and typical of most conspiracy believers attitude to debate.
    Rogan had no control over him either. I get that Rogan normally lets people talk somewhat uninterrupted but he needed to exert more control over Jones. He did try but ultimately failed.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

27 minutes in and it's driving me mad. China...yada yada yada.....little cameras on airplanes.
    Alex, you're ranting again.

I'll give it a bit more time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    27 minutes in and it's driving me mad. China...yada yada yada.....little cameras on airplanes.
    Alex, you're ranting again.

I'll give it a bit more time.

There are some good moments, then Eddie Bravo arrives

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,539 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

ardinn wrote: »
    i think I heard he is getting around $75.000 per episode - so make of that what you will regards the above

The reason I came in here is to get you all to listen to 1250 Johann hari.

IT IS SENSATIONAL

Almost brought me to tears on a few occasions but it is an utterly fantastic spitfire of truth about the ridiculous policy regarding the war on drugs and the human impact in places like mexico and beyond.

Johann explains it so well in plain english and outlines with proven results legalization has had in other countries.

I cannot recommend a better listen for 3hrs of your life than the below

Have to say this was the best podcast to date really really enjoyed ,

Only managed to listen to it yesterday. It's fantastic. Although I'm always wary when I'm so blown away by a guest on Rogan. I need someone to debate the other side to see if these ideas can hold up to scrutiny. See how quickly Johann Hari dropped the argument about "Are you beach body ready?" ads on the london tubes when Rogan pushed back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Alex Jones is just a clown
    Find him very hard to listen too as it's just rants with now real structure - he has too much info in his head (right or wrong) and struggles to put it all together
    Only watched half and hour - god knows how things exploded when Eddie Bravo showed up.

Will slowly get the highlights over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

ardinn wrote: »
    i think I heard he is getting around $75.000 per episode - so make of that what you will regards the above

The reason I came in here is to get you all to listen to 1250 Johann hari.

IT IS SENSATIONAL

Almost brought me to tears on a few occasions but it is an utterly fantastic spitfire of truth about the ridiculous policy regarding the war on drugs and the human impact in places like mexico and beyond.

Johann explains it so well in plain english and outlines with proven results legalization has had in other countries.

I cannot recommend a better listen for 3hrs of your life than the below

That money is coming from Youtube Add Revenue and the couple of sponsors he gets.
    Being paid by guests would totally ruin the concept of the podcast

Joe Rogan for President.

Only managed to listen to it yesterday. It's fantastic. Although I'm always wary when I'm so blown away by a guest on Rogan. I need someone to debate the other side to see if these ideas can hold up to scrutiny. See how quickly Johann Hari dropped the argument about "Are you beach body ready?" ads on the london tubes when Rogan pushed back.

I noticed that but fitness isn't Johann Hari field and I guess with joe being a juice head and an MMA commentator he decided there was no point arguing over it,

I also think Joe realised that and that's why he jumped on it as he had very little to say for the whole podcast and it was his chance to show he knew something that Hari didn't , Just Joe trying to be the alpha .,

My opinion Hari was right to let it go quickly as they would have went down a different road than he wanted to ,

Did Joe cut him off quick and kind of rudely at the end of the podcast, or is that just me ?

• Advertisement

The podcasts often end abruptly.

Jesus this Alex Jones one is tough to listen to. Our DNA is being shaken apart by 5G. Intergalactic, interdimensional deals being done by rogue agencies. Okay.

The podcasts often end abruptly.

Jesus this Alex Jones one is tough to listen to. Our DNA is being shaken apart by 5G. Intergalactic, interdimensional deals being done by rogue agencies. Okay.

Alex Jones is just a headcase ,

Joe said before Brock Lesnar would be on but haven't heard anything since

• Registered Users Posts: 519 ✭✭✭freddie1970

Yeah that was a great podcast but i thought Joe was very quiet it felt like there was tension between them ..Maybe on hindsight he just wanted to listen to him

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Apparently, the military will openly tell the dentist about the top secret stuff :D

Yeah that was a great podcast but i thought Joe was very quiet it felt like there was tension between them ..Maybe on hindsight he just wanted to listen to him

I thought the same and then I just thought Joe is probably stoned :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,885 ✭✭✭beans

"I'm kinda retarded"
    -- Alex Jones, 2019

Keeping babies alive. Putting them in a van and shipping them off to china.

I've actually done DMT and its not as bonkers as Alex Jones.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,433 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

If you havent watched any of this PLEASE just skip to exactly 2 hours in and watch for 5 minutes, its possibly the funniest 5 minutes of this show ever! Joe goes for a piss and comes back to this...

"Cats at the edge of the ice wall on flath earth pushing things off" almost made me sick laughing!

I'm just after watching that bit! :pac:

I cant believe that I'm still paying attention to this though. Asking to be choked out throughout the show is keeping me entertained.

I haven't watched this yet but I'm surprised Joe had him on hasn't he been talking sh*t about Joe the last while ?

Looks to me like he thought he'd be back on Facebook and YouTube quicker and with him still banned he is using Joe's podcast to reach out for new viewers ? again I haven't heard the podcast yet,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Why?!? He’s as entertaining as it gets. I don’t get not listening to someone because you don’t like them or your mind is already made up. Tones of Rogans guests are complete assholes and that’s what makes the show great.
    I'd give an asshole a chance - been pleasantly surprised by many a guest on Joes podcast, but Alex Jones is unhinged and roars nonsense repeatedly, he's not worth 5 hours of my time, there's better podcasts out there tbqh. Each to their own, hope some of you folks enjoy it but I'll catch the best of the week thing on youtube to see any clips of note on this.

*Edit - I listen to podcasts on mobile - I'm doing a college assignment so fúck it, it's on in the background I'll give it a half-ear, but ONLY because you linked it Hunky Monster :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

The Johann Hari episode is a good listen, and I know he's there to promote his books, but the amount of times he mentioned the names of his books really annoyed me. Couldn't answer a question without referencing the full title of each book!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Absolutely brilliant, a total whirlwind of a podcast

You dont so much interview Alex Jones, you basically just hang on for dear life.

As for raw entertainment value he blows all mainstream names out if the water. Fantastic show man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

Absolutely brilliant, a total whirlwind of a podcast

You dont so much interview Alex Jones, you basically just hang on for dear life.

As for raw entertainment value he blows all mainstream names out if the water. Fantastic show man.

Yeah, I'm an hour and a half in, and loving it. :pac: It's not at all that I believe him, no, no, but he is fantastically entertaining, and who knows the odd bit or piece, here and there, could even be true. I love Joe Rogan anyways, we came to earth in the same week. :D He would be my favourite fantasy dinner party guest. Alex could visit too as long as he didn't talk all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Zorya wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm an hour and a half in, and loving it. :pac: It's not at all that I believe him, no, no, but he is fantastically entertaining, and who knows the odd bit or piece, here and there, could even be true. I love Joe Rogan anyways, we came to earth in the same week. :D He would be my favourite fantasy dinner party guest. Alex could visit too as long as he didn't talk all the time.

from the youtube comments: If cocaine was a person, it would snort Alex Jones.

"I'm kinda retarded" - Alex Jones 2019.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Zorya

"I'm kinda retarded" - Alex Jones 2019.

:D:D:D He is just perfect for tickling.

Jesus the David Lee Roth pod is abysmal. He seems like a nice guy but he also laughs at everything he says, still have no idea what his company makes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,331 ✭✭✭jeremyj1968

I really enjoyed Alex Jones. I was a little disappointed that he didn't talk about two of the elephants in the room though.
    1. The interview with Jack Dorsey.
    2. Alex Jones allowing Joe Rogan hater Owen Benjamin to host his show.

Jones is right about a lot of things as well. Just look at the thing with Sandra Bullock and the penis facial, you would have thought that he must be making it up but it's true.

• Advertisement

I really enjoyed Alex Jones. I was a little disappointed that he didn't talk about two of the elephants in the room though.
    1. The interview with Jack Dorsey.
    2. Alex Jones allowing Joe Rogan hater Owen Benjamin to host his show.

Jones is right about a lot of things as well. Just look at the thing with Sandra Bullock and the penis facial, you would have thought that he must be making it up but it's true.

I’d say the Dorsey thing was off limits given that Rogan is getting him back on the show to answer non softball questions.

Jones it right about most things. It’s the 10% of stuff he goes on about that’s clearly bat**** that gives him his reputation. He’s ultimately a good guy.

Advertisement