Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

People forget this is NOT a talk show, Joe (like me) is fascinated by grahams work and Graham is being proven more correct in his theories by the minute. Joe is not there to ask the hard questions, just for the chats with interesting people, he sometimes goes after people, but usually likes to hear stories and have a laugh.

I usually see Joe go after people if they are an idiot or are too cocky, or insult his friends. I remember an episode with someone who called chris ryans work bullsh1t and up to that point it was a friendly conversation, Joe turned completely after that for the rest of the episode.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 426 ✭✭Nikki Sixx

I initially found Joey Diaz very funny. Now I’m tiring of the: I did lots of drugs/sold lots of dugs/Ripped of a lot of people Schtick.

Only in America can someone like Alex be famous and not locked up somewhere,

The Interdimensional bullsh*t he goes on with , like WTF are you on about ,

How is he taken seriously at all is beyond me , he is like an much worse version of JAY from inbetweeners everything he says he makes up .

Joey Diaz makes up a lot of stuff too.He at least embellishes the truth.He was saying last night in a YouTube clip that he owed a loan shark $80,000 and just didn’t pay it? The loan shark just died eventually something like 20 years later? I felt like I was an American tourist down in Killarney, being tall tales by some local chancer.

https://youtu.be/Ryuah0lf0VE
    Think this clip highlight’s Joey’s bullsh1tting skills.

Damn this Graham Hancock one is fascinating

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,537 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Damn this Graham Hancock one is fascinating

His books are great ,

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,415 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I really enjoyed the Rich Benoit pod. I like when jR doesn't know the guest.

Yeah Joe was half baked and it went off into bench pressing, bow hunting, deer!, UFOs? And all that jazz. It became Rich interviewing Joe.

But for me it's those episodes that still keep it good.

His books are great ,

Which one would you recommend?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,537 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Which one would you recommend?

Finger prints of the gods first and go form there ,

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Eddie Bravo one was good fun. He's a headcase.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭bricky06

Sorry now... Eddie Bravo doesn't believe space is real!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Look into it man.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Wait, you believe space is real?

Yeah, have you ever even been in space? Didn't think so

• Registered Users Posts: 17,427 ✭✭✭✭MEGA BRO WOLF 5000

bricky06 wrote: »
    Sorry now... Eddie Bravo doesn't believe space is real!?

This is what makes him so funny to listen to!! You don’t have to agree with the man.

so the Kayne West episode never happened...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭evil_seed

Yeah, have you ever even been in space? Didn't think so

Pulls mic closer to chest and inhales sharply, but we're in space now

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

glasso wrote: »
    so the Kayne West episode never happened...
    Kanye done an interview with Letterman instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

Anybody got any good podcasts that take a different slant from Rogans beliefs. I'm finding his talks seems to swing back around to the gender debate and issues with college campuses quite quickly.
    Whilst I agree with what they say I'd like to see someone articulate the other side (If that's possible)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 359 ✭✭NeonWolf

seannash wrote: »
    Anybody got any good podcasts that take a different slant from Rogans beliefs. I'm finding his talks seems to swing back around to the gender debate and issues with college campuses quite quickly.
    Whilst I agree with what they say I'd like to see someone articulate the other side (If that's possible)

the rubin report. has a myriad of different guests an opinions

• Advertisement

NeonWolf wrote: »
    the rubin report. has a myriad of different guests an opinions

Aye I've watched him, pretty similar set of guests to Rogan really.
    Thanks though

I listen to a few american political youtubers.

Contrapoints or Destiny for heavy left wing.

Steven Crowder or Ben Shapiro for heavy right wing.

The problem with a lot of them other than Destiny is that they tend not to interview people they disagree with it.

I listen to a few american political youtubers.

Contrapoints or Destiny for heavy left wing.

Steven Crowder or Ben Shapiro for heavy right wing.

The problem with a lot of them other than Destiny is that they tend not to interview people they disagree with it.
    Thanks, I'll give destiny a go. Just want to balance out what I'm being fed.
    Always want to hear both sides of the argument, especially when I so easily identify with the sciences backed beliefs

Always want to hear both sides of the argument, especially when I so easily identify with the sciences backed beliefs

I listened to this one recently with Lauren Southern. It's a more chaotic format than the likes of Rogan. Her arguments were torn apart for the most part.

I listened to this one recently with Lauren Southern. It's a more chaotic format than the likes of Rogan. Her arguments were torn apart for the most part.

Just listened to the first hour of this. You're right, its chaotic.
    Southern's incredulous laugh after every rebuttal of hers is very annoying.
    Its seems to be going around in circles, one quotes some stats and the other quotes some different stats.

I like how he has shown her to push the feelings angle when it suits her agenda though.

Listening to this I've more appreciation for Rogans calm style of interview. This one feels like its a shouting contest between two people who want soundbites for a "destroys" video

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 474 ✭✭Former Observer

Eddie Bravo is great. Love when they get monged and discuss crazy chite. Eddie is smarter than he looks.

Just listened to the first hour of this. You're right, its chaotic.
    Southern's incredulous laugh after every rebuttal of hers is very annoying.
    Its seems to be going around in circles, one quotes some stats and the other quotes some different stats.

I like how he has shown her to push the feelings angle when it suits her agenda though.

Listening to this I've more appreciation for Rogans calm style of interview. This one feels like its a shouting contest between two people who want soundbites for a "destroys" video

Yeah I was slightly reluctant to recommend any of them if I'm being honest.

Steven Crowder released a video today as part of his "Change my Mind" series (the only decent content he puts out imo). While I disagree with most things he says and how he gets to those conclusions, its good to see a discourse, even if he is very prepared and the other people aren't whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Turquoise Hexagon Sun

I love to hear both sides too. I follow Shapiro/Crowder for conservative leaning stuff but I also watch David Pakman who give a more progressive/left view of things. He despises Jordan Peterson but I'll enjoy Peterson to, whom I believe is fundamentally centrist.

Been really loving Sam Harris' podcast lately. His topics are like the good Joe Rogan moments, except a little more on-point - a bit less the layman learning from the master like on Rogan (which is great, I enjoy learning about things and more intellect to intellect discussing and often disagreeing.

https://samharris.org/podcast/page/2/

And also, I'd recommend Pakman. He was actually on Rogan recently. He usually tries using logic, reason but like nearly all the people I posted, I disagree with a lot of stuff, but I also agree on a lot too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭magic_murph

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    Kanye done an interview with Letterman instead.

Kanye is an absolute dose that has bought into his own hype.
    90% of the population could come up with the same ideas if surrounded by yes men, unlimited money, people that bring ideas to you and you simple pick the one you like the most.
    I think having Kanye on the JRE would actually be a step down.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Kanye is an absolute dose that has bought into his own hype.
    90% of the population could come up with the same ideas if surrounded by yes men, unlimited money, people that bring ideas to you and you simple pick the one you like the most.
    I think having Kanye on the JRE would actually be a step down.

90% of the population could produce sone of the music he's produced? Eh?

Advertisement