Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Joe Rogan Experience Podcasts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,537 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Jesus, Chris Kresser started off so well.
    I was on his side... and so was Joe, but James Wilks destroyed him once the B12 issue gave him the upper hand, and the gusto to push on. Chris was discredited & beat after that, he knew it. Feel sorry for him, he got murdered.
    That was tough..

I don't think he was murdered ,James Wilks is certainly not someone i'd take with any credibility,

In the first 25 minutes he can't even understand how 83% of studies of no correlation to Cancer goes against what he is saying ,

He seemed to think no correlation meant inconclusive and said you could use that 83% on either side of the argument ,
    He literally couldn't wrap his head around what no correlation means, It was actually painful and odd how he simply didn't understand it

Also James came across emotional invested in it and as someone who wanted to be right ,Where as Chris came across as someone searching for the truth ,

There is a huge difference in wanting to be right and wanting to find the truth

• Registered Users Posts: 7,225 ✭✭✭facehugger99

I've drifted away from Rogan's podcasts, they're still on my feed but I rarely download and listen anymore, unless the guest is someone who really interests me.

i listened to the Malcolm Gladwell one recently but a lot of his points seemed to go completely over Joe's head as he kept focusing on specific, non-relevant parts of the discussion - maybe all the smoking is fuzzing up his brain. When he brought a MMA anecdote about some fighting move, I groaned.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,742 ✭✭✭✭JRant

I don't think he was murdered ,James Wilks is certainly not someone i'd take with any credibility,

In the first 25 minutes he can't even understand how 83% of studies of no correlation to Cancer goes against what he is saying ,

He seemed to think no correlation meant inconclusive and said you could use that 83% on either side of the argument ,
    He literally couldn't wrap his head around what no correlation means, It was actually painful and odd how he simply didn't understand it

Also James came across emotional invested in it and as someone who wanted to be right ,Where as Chris came across as someone searching for the truth ,

There is a huge difference in wanting to be right and wanting to find the truth

Oh he knew exactly what it meant, it just didn't fit his narrative so he decided to play down. Wilks comes across as a snakeoil salesman IMO and he has a very abrasive manner to him as well. That was a tough listen in parts.

"Well, yeah, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man"

• Registered Users Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Had to stop after 20 minutes because it was 3 grown men roaring about statistics. I had given out about Joe in the Kresser podcast but wanted to listen to this counter podcast almost where there was somebody to respond to Kresser. Wilks was emotive as others have pointed out, downright idiotic with the statistics and seemed 'amped up' to respond to Kresser rather than have a discussion about the best way to eat - he was there to prove himself correct, nothing else.

Joe couldn't facilitate it as a host TBH. Admittedly I turned it off because I needed to go to sleep, perhaps listening to 3 grown men try to talk over each other was a poor choice for bedtime listening

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

It was fairly abysmal but there wasnt much could be done the way james was approaching it.

Car crash of a pc but you will get that.

Has happened a few times before, I wonder does joe sit people down beforehand and say look - this is the format, no interrupting etc, or did they just arrive and go on air.

• Advertisement

ardinn wrote: »
    It was fairly abysmal but there wasnt much could be done the way james was approaching it.

Car crash of a pc but you will get that.

Has happened a few times before, I wonder does joe sit people down beforehand and say look - this is the format, no interrupting etc, or did they just arrive and go on air.

Joe speaks to them first about how he likes it to go but because its live once it gets out of hand its very hard to reign it in especially when Joe is suppose to mediate and not have a particular side,

Joe speaks to them first about how he likes it to go but because its live once it gets out of hand its very hard to reign it in especially when Joe is suppose to mediate and not have a particular side,

It hasnt been live in months!

ardinn wrote: »
    It hasnt been live in months!

Really I never even noticed they changed it , But he doesn't edit the show does he ?

They used to be live on youtube. Not sure why they moved away from that format. Might be down to youtube's stricter and stricter guidelines. I can't see any evidence of the show being edited though.

Really I never even noticed they changed it , But he doesn't edit the show does he ?

There is a few shows i have seen now with edits, since Elon musk was on soon after it went recorded.

He also loses a fortune for certain curse words when they demoney the episode, apparently an average episode generates $75,000

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,238 ✭✭✭Esse85

James came across as deeply unlikeable, I turned it off after 40 mins. He kept interrupting and trying to shout over both Chris and Joe, almost aggressive like.

He didn't come across well at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭The Undecided One

Esse85 wrote: »
    James came across as deeply unlikeable, I turned it off after 40 mins. He kept interrupting and trying to shout over both Chris and Joe, almost aggressive like.

He didn't come across well at all.

He is a “combative instructor” and wouldn’t let us or them forget it...

Hard to listen to, especially as we all know that Joe is on the “wild meat eater” side so straight away he does have a bias.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,293 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Wilks just came across very personal in many attacks.

This thread goes into more detail about the arguments from Wilks, so there is still some skepticism around what he is saying, along with taking issue with Kesser not being able to read a form of chart, which he kept repeating.

https://twitter.com/ChrisMasterjohn/status/1202685850804506624

• Registered Users Posts: 8,810 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Ed Calderon, security expert, working in the North Mexico region, really interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭hankless

Great episode. Is he safe? Some of the stuff he talks about and breaks down, on such a huge platform, would have him killed easily if he was living in Mexico.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 228 ✭✭ghost of ireland past

I find Joe basically unlistenable to now.

He's too sanctimonious. Also a bit thick.

Best episodes are Matthew Walker, sleep expert, and Bill von Hipple, evolutionary physchologist.

It is odd..he does seem a bit thick at times, but then sometimes he asks really good questions, that would imply he isn't actually that thick..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,354 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

With Joe I think it's a case of he's not that dumb, but he's definitely not that smart either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Andrew Doyle was quite good.

Daryl Davis was very interesting ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭El Duda

Mark Normand was hilarious.

Joe Rogan is still as stupid as ever. I tried to listen to his show yesterday, with the guy who does Tatania McGrath or something similar, and I couldn't. I had to turn if off.

Joe is insufferable.

I can only listen if I have my finger on the right arrow key, to fast forward 10 seconds. Joe starts to speak, I press 10 seconds forwards. If I see Joe's face I press again. Often I have to press ten times in a row.

Joe is an idiot. He masks it well but I reckon that's because he's acting. He's learned a spiel that works, like a salesman for example. That's why Joe sounds so repetative, because he endlessly repeats himself. If also how he refines his comedy, if you could call his stupid observations comedy.

Occasionally he has good guests, but ultimately Joe is an idiot and cannot be listened to. He is incredibly childish, and loves childish jokes, like dick jokes, and fat jokes.

He represents America perfectly. I think Joe is an everyman, like Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin. He's a Trump voter.

Sounds like this podcast isn't for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭v638sg7k1a92bx

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    Andrew Doyle was quite good.

Boring!

Looking forward to the return of Randall Carlson this month.

Looking forward to the return of Randall Carlson this month.

Ooooohhhh

Joe Rogan is still as stupid as ever. I tried to listen to his show yesterday, with the guy who does Tatania McGrath or something similar, and I couldn't. I had to turn if off.

Joe is insufferable.

I can only listen if I have my finger on the right arrow key, to fast forward 10 seconds. Joe starts to speak, I press 10 seconds forwards. If I see Joe's face I press again. Often I have to press ten times in a row.

Joe is an idiot. He masks it well but I reckon that's because he's acting. He's learned a spiel that works, like a salesman for example. That's why Joe sounds so repetative, because he endlessly repeats himself. If also how he refines his comedy, if you could call his stupid observations comedy.

Occasionally he has good guests, but ultimately Joe is an idiot and cannot be listened to. He is incredibly childish, and loves childish jokes, like dick jokes, and fat jokes.

He represents America perfectly. I think Joe is an everyman, like Homer Simpson or Peter Griffin. He's a Trump voter.

I love the show always have and love listing but i agree with you but about the childish jokes but that's Americans

Also he is NOT a TRUMP voter

America is a childish macho nation. Bullying is rife in their schools and in their society. Joe represents that perfectly. He's a bully himself.

America is a childish macho nation. Bullying is rife in their schools and in their society. Joe represents that perfectly. He's a bully himself.

Is he ? iv never seen him bully anyone

• Advertisement

What about Crowder when Crowder said he didn't support cannabis legalisation?

Joe is widely considered to have certain topics that he will argue endlessly on. That is tantamount to bullying.

He also calls people who comment on social media 'social retards'. What's wrong with him?

Advertisement