Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam summer sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

New deals up, DoW2:Retribution for only €7.50....yes please Mr. Steam.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,511 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Final day. "Best of the Best" as per usual.

New Vegas, Sanctum, Fable 3, Shogun 2, DoW2 Retribution, Portal 2, Two Worlds, Borderlands GotY, Just Cause 2, AC:Brotherhood, Terraria, Witcher 2, BC2, GTA4 and Magicka deals back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

TheDoc wrote: »
    Finally cracked.

Bought Magicka collection for €16 and Fallout+DLC for €22

Thats a solid investment, I know Fallout is a long game, but having it will probably make me play it during downtime of WoW etc

You bought Magicka too soon, 1/2 that price now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

meh.

Think the problem for me when with these bigger newish titles is that they can already be got for just as cheap, if not cheaper through amazon and whatnot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Its almost over....

Im open to suggestions as to what to get on the last day.

Already have GTA, Fallout, Just Cause, Borderlands & Portal 2(Well the valve pack).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    New deals up, DoW2:Retribution for only €7.50....yes please Mr. Steam.......

comes up as €14.99 for me...

• Registered Users Posts: 45 st_jimmy

quarryman wrote: »
    comes up as €14.99 for me...

Yeah they just doubled the price there. again. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,410 ✭✭✭Nollog

Dear Valve,
    Fix the index.
    Respectfully, Me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Is magicka worth it even if you dont have any mates who play it ?

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Metro 2033 was the only other game I was waiting for, so I figure I am gonna grab it for 6.69.

Anyone got any other interesting finds? I seem to be spending more time on indie games. Stuff like the Abe games that were mentioned before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Spunge wrote: »
    Is magicka worth it even if you dont have any mates who play it ?

Nope. It was good fun at the start and then the game started getting incredibly hard. Seems like it doesn't work too well when you are playing solo. (Maybe im just crap at it though)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Crosáidí wrote: »
    You bought Magicka too soon, 1/2 that price now!

Thats extremely frustrating

More annoying is I came home and wont log into steam, keeps saying there is a problem with my internet connection or the steam servers, yet my internet is fine, sigh

I think you can get a refund so long as you don't start downloading it.
    Buy it as a gift then and activate it yourself at this price.

A its no big deal, and I finally logged in but cant get downloads going since the servers are probably getting raped.

Tempted by Borderlands Goty edition, heard that was a decent game

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Nope. It was good fun at the start and then the game started getting incredibly hard. Seems like it doesn't work too well when you are playing solo. (Maybe im just crap at it though)

Gah, wish i'd read that earlier.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,133 ✭✭✭FloatingVoter

Would the Tropica 3 Absolute Power expansion pack on DVD (€4 on Amazon) work with the vanilla Tropica 3 Steam Special Edition I bought last week ?

Yup, I'm addicted :)

A its no big deal, and I finally logged in but cant get downloads going since the servers are probably getting raped.

Tempted by Borderlands Goty edition, heard that was a decent game

If you do buy borderlands, it's usually cheaper to get the game+ the dlc separate rather than the goty edition.

/\/ollog wrote: »
    If you do buy borderlands, it's usually cheaper to get the game+ the dlc separate rather than the goty edition.

Another good shout that I was too late for,

Bought the GOTY, seems I lost out on a euro so again no huge deal :)

Damn sales I literally crumbled on the last day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭Krusader

Bought the Magicka complete pack, but only magicka is showing, is this normal

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Crosáidí wrote: »
    Bought the Magicka complete pack, but only magicka is showing, is this normal

Yesh. When you launch the game the DLC will download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Thats extremely frustrating

More annoying is I came home and wont log into steam, keeps saying there is a problem with my internet connection or the steam servers, yet my internet is fine, sigh
    Have you tried maybe signing online, as opposed to with the client?

the_syco wrote: »
    Have you tried maybe signing online, as opposed to with the client?

All got sorted, think it was just large traffic to servers to be honest, keep getting messages saying my downloads cant start due to busy servers now

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Super Meat Boy was hard enough.

This stupid summer achievement will be the death of my thumbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Overheal wrote: »
    Super Meat Boy was hard enough.

This stupid summer achievement will be the death of my thumbs.

I earned that one automatically from aceing all the levels previously. Happy with that :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

I earned that one automatically from aceing all the levels previously. Happy with that :)

Show off :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Such mixed emotions right now, i'm happy to see it end, but also sad to see it go. Well more so my wallet's glad to see it finish...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,061 ✭✭✭Sarn

I finally caved and picked up X3:TC, (didn't bother with the collection as I had finished the first two and won't get around to playing the others) and Magicka complete pack. That's it, no more purchases until I finish some of my backlog.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

I might just cave and buy borderlands. Haven't played it yet. PC prob won't handle it but I am planning on buying a major gaming rig in next few months anyway.

Does the GOTY edition include all the dlcs and something else as well?

It would be cheaper to get normal and dlcs otherwise. I haven't looked at the package info in full but would assume maybe there's something extra in it for the extra few quid. Anyone know. Or should I save the last few pence for another game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Im tempted by borderlands , but fcuk the exchange rate! $7.50 in US , €12.50 ($17.80) here :mad:

I've asked on reddit would anybody pick it up for me if i paypal them the money, so hopefully something will come about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cadea

Just make sure VSync is turned off. It annihilates the fps in DS1.

Will do, thanks.

Advertisement