Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam summer sale

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,875 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Got Company of Heroes ToV and Lara Croft when they were on sale. Got Mafia as well, heard the second game isn't worth the steam off your piss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭el dude

Couldn't not get ME 1 and 2 for those prices.

Are there any good mods for ME, and will they work through steam?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Got Company of Heroes ToV and Lara Croft when they were on sale. Got Mafia as well, heard the second game isn't worth the steam off your piss.

It's not that bad. They made a huge world and didn't give you anything to do in it. The gameplay, story and missions are still good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I didn't really get into Mafia 2 but I wouldn't say it was bad, I'm just kinda burnt out from 3rd Person Sandbox games.

But seriously, Mass Effect 1 and 2 for under 20 notes? If you haven't already, you need to. Fantastic, fantastic, fantastic games.

Raging as I only bought Fallout 3: GotY last month!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,830 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Is anyone having issues were the front page claims certain discounts but when you click into the game description the discounts disappear? Starting to annoy me slightly, or even looking at the prices, some of their multi packs are more expensive than buying the games and DLC seperately?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,875 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Well unfortunately I've too many good games to waste on average ones. My brother has it on the 360 anyway if I do get the urge to play it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

Empire+Napoleon is 35GB download, hopefully eircom put up my monthly allowance :p

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Amnesia at €3.74 represents the most scares per euro ever seen anywhere. It's a great game, reminds me of the Undying and Call of Cthulhu and at that price is a must have.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

Amnesia at €3.74 represents the most scares per euro ever seen anywhere. It's a great game, reminds me of the Undying and Call of Cthulhu and at that price is a must have.
    I've had it installed on my PC for ages, but I've never gotten around to going through it. Maybe I'm a big ole wuss. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

The Last Remnant is also a daily deal for €7.50.
    They must not want a JRPG on the front page. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

Spunge wrote: »
    Empire+Napoleon is 35GB download, hopefully eircom put up my monthly allowance :p

?
    The allowance was increased to 250gb/month due to the high number of complaints? Right after we were charged €78 in excess usage :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

thinking of getting mass effect, which is the best way to play it, keyboard or pad

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

tonydude wrote: »
    thinking of getting mass effect, which is the best way to play it, keyboard or pad

keyboard and mouse.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

So so glad i picked up darksiders so so glad

• Registered Users Posts: 81,890 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

damn right you are. the sequel should be good too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,165 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Picked up Amnesia, been meaning to for a while.

Today just a recap then, or is there one more day of new deals? Want to see if Frozen Synapse is on sale again after reading a glowing review from Edge.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Picked up Amnesia, been meaning to for a while.

Today just a recap then, or is there one more day of new deals? Want to see if Frozen Synapse is on sale again after reading a glowing review from Edge.

I think today is the last day of sales ( but it could be tomorrow ). It runs until the 10th.
    There should be a recap either today or tomorrow i hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Which is better - Dirt 3 or F1 2010? Can anyone recommend a good PC wheel? Thanks

omerin wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a good PC wheel? Thanks

I think the best budget wheel has to be the Logitech GT

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/logitech-driving-force-gt-article

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

"Thank you for your purchase"

My ass, should read, "thanks for being a sap and spending a load of money on something you will in all honesty never use and most likely didn't really want" :pac::pac::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Dan4pope

I bought Fallout: New Vegas the other day when it was on sale, still have yet to play it, now that fallout 3 is on sale was thinking of buying that too, is there need to buy it?? is there any continuation in story line from one to the other?? Or should I just save my cash for something else this week? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Fallout 3 is great, buy!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

omerin wrote: »
    Fallout 3 is great, buy!!!!

This.

Same universe setting. Unconnected storyline.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Right. Thats all the fallouts gotten on steam.

Day 9 of the Sale. Christ... My credit card statement is just going to be pages of Steampowerd.com

I have 3 & New vegas on the PS3 but am sick to death of the bugs.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Fallout 3 is actually better than New Vegas in my opinion.

Loading times are a few seconds long for a start whereas in Vegas they get longer and longer the more you play until you reload the game to shorten them.

Fallout 3 was just excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I've not done too badly. Just spent about €20 on Batman: AA, The Witcher 1, and Amnesia. Then again, I did come late to the sale!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 Dan4pope

Im after spending about 80 myself already, and will probably further my debt today by getting Fallout 3, Mass Effect 1&2 and maybe the Splinter Cell pack xD

• Registered Users Posts: 12,502 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Planing on getting X3 Terran confict when i get around to it for €9.99, not sure why i didn't get it before had X2 and the X3 on launch.

• Advertisement

Varik wrote: »
    Planing on getting X3 Terran confict when i get around to it for €9.99, not sure why i didn't get it before had X2 and the X3 on launch.

It might appear on sale Varik.

I got 5 "X" games on the Xmas sale for €14.99.

Superb games though :)

Advertisement