Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam summer sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,514 ✭✭✭✭Varik

moonboy52 wrote: »
    It might appear on sale Varik.

I got 5 "X" games on the Xmas sale for €14.99.

Superb games though :)

That's 19 now but as i own all bar the first set of games it's not worth it maybe even at 14 for me.

Just need to buy it, install it, get a Missile frigate and begin my acts of genocide against the Paranid.

It might appear on sale Varik.

I got 5 "X" games on the Xmas sale for €14.99.

Superb games though :)

Glad i waited a few hours, price went down 5 minutes ago.

X superbox, all 5 X games is down to €9.99 is was €19.99 an hour ago.
    X3 Terran conflict is down to €4.99 from the earlier sale price of €9.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭moonboy52

Superb price!

Superb price!

Ok so the front page of the store says -75% and lists 4.99 which a that % is right for all 5 games but after clicking on it and seeing all 5 games the price is listed as the still good 9.99.

Any ideas, while i was willing to pay 9.99 for just TC so all 5 for that price is good, 4.99 for all it a good bit of a differance.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Yes, Terraria for €2.49 I've been hoping it would show up :)

Also, God help me, I think I'm going to get Duke also.

Will bring my spending up to... near €60. Crap.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Varik wrote: »
    Ok so the front page of the store says -75% and lists 4.99 which a that % is right for all 5 games but after clicking on it and seeing all 5 games the price is listed as the still good 9.99.

Any ideas, while i was willing to pay 9.99 for just TC so all 5 for that price is good, 4.99 for all it a good bit of a differance.

It's just showing the price of TC on the front, not just the whole pack.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah went for Terraria too, plus sixteen Sam & Max episodes I might never play :P

Alas, no significant Frozen Synapse re-reduction, but still might cave at a third off before the 'final hour' tomorrow!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Neverwinter Nights 2 Platinum Edition for 6 odd euro?

Oh go on then...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Has anyone played The Last Remnant before?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

if anyone doesn't have deadspace 1 and 2 they really should pick them up now superb games ds1 has a few control / response issues but that can be worked around and is well worth a play through

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

*Bought Terraria
    "16mb download? lol this will be done in half a second"
    *click install"
    *download rate 14kb/sec*
    "Ah for feck sake!"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

Get Jamestown.
    NOW!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

Terraria just jumped right back up to €4.99, which is still good, but seriously? Only a few hours on the low price?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,839 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

They do that when too many people are buying it, jerks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 338 ✭✭EmatoelDiablo

ShaneU wrote: »
    They do that when too many people are buying it, jerks.

String them up! :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,217 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Offer available while stocks last!

That's still applicable to downloads, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,419 ✭✭✭Nollog

One day left.
    Have 5 tickets to spend.
    Already have everything available for what I own, and alien breed 2. :'(

Offer available while stocks last!

That's still applicable to downloads, right?

There's only so many 0 and 1 to go around.

I can't see why Valve does not use P2P in addition to current infrastructure, when TF2 went to mac and now even with steam for all it wonders tends to explode(with good reason) during sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Terraria price change; I know you're entiteld to do whatever you like, but fuck you Valve.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,975 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Bought Mass Effect 1 & 2 there a while back (don't think it was this sale). I'd never played it before and knew little about them other than that they are well regarded. Started on the first one tonight and really enjoying it.

Yes it's shltty that they change prices while something is on promotion and it's far from being a fabulous sale but I got a few games I really wanted so I won't complain too much.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭cadea

Bought Dead Space 1 and 2 for €20, hope they work ok on PC, have heard horror stories about DS1 on PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Finally bought Portal 2 :D

Unfortunately it's taking so long to download. Oh well, back to OoT I go!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

is supcom 2 woth £2.50...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Jelle1880 wrote: »
    Get Jamestown.
    NOW!

I reckon so...

Plus add me on Steam so I can DESTROY your highscores :p

username: leimrod

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

Single player is certainly not :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

BlitzKrieg wrote: »

Single Player, no, but the multi-player is decent enough, a lot simpler than SC1 but still a bit of a laugh with some friends.

You can add me for some online games if you get it (be sure to have the DLC though)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

cadea wrote: »
    Bought Dead Space 1 and 2 for €20, hope they work ok on PC, have heard horror stories about DS1 on PC.

Just make sure VSync is turned off. It annihilates the fps in DS1.

I got Supcomm 2 yesterday haven't tried MP but playing the AI is a lot better, they are very smart now and send group of units and use special abilities to get them where they want them rather than just having a line of units being made and acting like ants towards you defences.

You may want to turn off nukes now as the AI won't just fire them as soon as they get them, they'll act like a human and try to fire 2/3 to overwhelm a defence rather than have each missile shot down.

The DLC it's cheap and give some good stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,839 ✭✭✭Jelle1880

I was disappointed at SupCom2, after playing the first one which is a beauty.

Today's the last day, but as usual there will be one more day with some sort of a 'best of'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Finally cracked.

Bought Magicka collection for €16 and Fallout+DLC for €22

Thats a solid investment, I know Fallout is a long game, but having it will probably make me play it during downtime of WoW etc

Advertisement