Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam summer sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Nope. Sorry.

I'll cope. Excuse to play Batman again before the new one is out!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Company of Heroes is a fantastic game for €1.99

C&C4 is terrible, avoid. C&C3 is good though, and it's only €3

• Registered Users Posts: 3,923 ✭✭✭kearneybobs

chrislad wrote: »
    I'll cope. Excuse to play Batman again before the new one is out!
    There is a tweak out there that lets you use a second ATI GPU for PhysX but I've never tried it myself, seeing as I've two Nvidia cards. Wouldn't really want to be messing with driver settings and what not unless necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

What another day of rubbish "sales" from Steam. Ancient games at prices they should be before any sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,837 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

omerin wrote: »
    What another day of rubbish "sales" from Steam. Ancient games at prices they should be before any sale.

Rift, dead rising 2, sanctum, cities XL 2011 and lara croft all came out within the last year, so how exactly are they ancient.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

i enjoyed Risen when i played it there a few months ago, you don't get lead by the hand as much as the Bioware games which makes it interesting and i will be looking to get the sequel later this year

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

C&C games on sale on Steam.
    On the other hand I already own all of them.
    On the other hand C&C games on sale on Steam.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

ShaneU wrote: »
    Rift, dead rising 2, sanctum, cities XL 2011 and lara croft all came out within the last year, so how exactly are they ancient.

True, but half of the games on sale were played by Noah on the Ark ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,340 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

nah the only game Noah played was Name that Smell

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Skerries wrote: »
    nah the only game Noah played was Name that Smell

Skunk?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,974 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

If you like strategy games and don't already have it Company of Heroes is a brilliant game.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

is c&c 4 atleast half bad? if i remember correctly it has some really rubish new system?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got to be worth the price of a pint for CC4 surely.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,516 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Didn't it have some awful persistent connection requirement for SP?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Thoughts on Audiosurf and Lara Croft? Worth the low low price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭Agent J

Command and Conqur 3/4/Kanes Wrath & Company of Heroes...

This sale ends at some point right? Not sure how much my wallet, hard drive or internet connection can take..

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,938 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

ionapaul wrote: »
    Thoughts on Audiosurf and Lara Croft? Worth the low low price?

Yup.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

audiosurf is worth a punt
    I nabbed the quake pack ,(Q1-3 plus all the 5 official expansions) as I own about half them legitimately and always meant to pick them up sometime
    If you do get the steam ones , theres a nice pack here
    http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1756923
    that makes it run in very high res's with no messing about with glide wrappers
    Theres one for quake II as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

I played the first three levels of C&C4 and I couldn't bring myself to keep playing. It just seemed like there was zero effort put into it.

That said I'm still interested in it for the plot and the sheer amount of units in it (and I do love that they brought back the Mammoth Mk II and a bunch of other classic designs).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,271 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

is c&c 4 atleast half bad? if i remember correctly it has some really rubish new system?
    Yes, you got X points to spend on tanks or what ever and you got a "super tank" that spawns it all (oh and did I mention the enemy got unlimited supply to respawn constantly?). No more bases, no more building up forces, you're usually running around with about 3 to 10 units and never really more then this. It is so bad it makes DoW2 look good as system change to DoW1.
    Got to be worth the price of a pint for CC4 surely.
    Only if you can't be bothered to youtube up the video sequences, it is the only reason to buy the game (and be warned the story is so corny and poor that even Hollywood would blush to show it). I had to force myself to play through it because it sure was not fun doing it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I remembered that I still haven't played any of the C&C games I bought in the last sale and picked up Sanctum for €3.75 instead. FPS tower defence games are ace. I'm off work dying with a strep throat so have plenty of time to get stuck in anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

Gunmonkey wrote: »
    Command & Conquer 4 - €5

Even at that price, still not worth it. It's a load of muck and actually buggy as hell.

Am very tempted by massively cheap Cities XL...

Also:
    There is a known issue with the Beta Client preventing users from connecting to Steam.

@Steam_Support 14 minutes ago via web
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭marko93

Fúck you Steam and your L4D2 at a cheap price >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Does anyone know is Civ 5 on offer in this sale at all?

osh wrote: »
    It was on 'sale' for 50% off, making it €25. Which is a bit outrageous to be honest. Seeing as it's got a base price of €30 on Gamersgate.com and was 66% off a week ago for the grand total of €10. Even though it still registers with Steam, I know where my money would have gone either way, had I not already owned the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,941 ✭✭✭osh

Wow so it was at €50 normally? I would have thought it would be alot less than that at this stage. Might just hold off on it for now so, maybe see if it drops any further on the final day.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭B0X

Well considering I bought it in Game for €25 a couple of months ago... I don't think steam is the way to go for civ5.

B0X wrote: »
    Well considering I bought it in Game for €25 a couple of months ago... I don't think steam is the way to go for civ5.
    I bought it at launch for €27.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭NTMK

osh wrote: »

Gamestop have it for €15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Anyone else getting absolutely MUCK download speeds? I know it's the sale but I have 20Mb line and I'm getting 200k at best.

Advertisement