Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Steam summer sale

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭Cunning Alias

Woo. L4D2 for a fiver. One of the main ones I was waiting for!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Bought two copies of Killing Floor for my brothers, they've always wanted this game and I think it's absolutely magnificent.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

Far Cry 2 for a fiver. I think its time to try this out now that I have the PC for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Agricola wrote: »
    Far Cry 2 for a fiver. I think its time to try this out now that I have the PC for it.

You'll regret it not a great shooter.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Is Prototype worth €10??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭Burgo

I wouldn't waste a fiver on it tbh, such an awful boring game, never even bothered to finish it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,625 ✭✭✭Glebee

Picked up this awhile ago and only got round to playing it last week. If your pc will run it maxed it looks and plays very good. I must say I really enjoyed it. Ok it has a couple of flaws but still think it's an excellent game. Well worth €5 I think.

It's utter sh1te. Don't waste your money. Nothing like the first one and not made by Crytek.

Im tempted to get GTAIV just to try out some of the mods.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

5.99 for the kings bounty pack, I'm very tempted.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I just bought Jamestown even though it's going to be an absolute pain in the arse getting it to work.

I, in short, regret nothing. Bullet hell ftw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I just bought Jamestown even though it's going to be an absolute pain in the arse getting it to work.

Why so? Was thinking of getting it myself.

I, in short, regret nothing. Bullet hell ftw.

Godspeed you poor mac user. :p

If you get it working let us know what it is like playing solo. The trailer kinda sold it as a 4 player co-op kinda game.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,295 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Why so? Was thinking of getting it myself.

Windows only. I'm going to see if I can get it running though Wine, but then will need to try hook up my arcade stick too...

Meant to be great though, and I'm a fiend for anything where the bullets flow in silly amounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,547 ✭✭✭Agricola

It's utter sh1te. Don't waste your money. Nothing like the first one and not made by Crytek.

I was thinking the same

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Just bought GTA 4 complete pack for 9 quid for the exact same reason, try out these new mods.

31GB though :eek:

Yep. They look epic. Also, this silliness:

http://youtu.be/Esu9ZXglBhQ

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭Chairman Meow

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Just bought GTA 4 complete pack for 9 quid for the exact same reason, try out these new mods.

31GB though :eek:

I hate to break it to you guys, and im not trollign here, but the steam version of GTA4 is incompatible with the icEnhacer mod. It will work, but it will work very, very, poorly. ICenhancer needs patch 1.0.4.0 for optimal performance, steam is default at 1.0.7.0

• Registered Users Posts: 1,888 ✭✭✭megaten

Definitely gonna get jamestown from what I've heard about it. Can anyone vouch for the King's bounty games? They look like they should be an action rpg but the video for armors princess has characters on a hex grid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Just got "Killing Floor", taking advantage of my first paycheck and probably more if these deals keep coming. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

i bought gta4 pack there. feck it, 8 quid. biggest reason i stoped playing it on ps3, becouse it looked like arse... phone calls from twats i dont want hang out too.

do car mods and bits by bits work on steam version? i know that epic hd mod is not, but car mods and separate addons?

any good website for such stuff?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

I hate to break it to you guys, and im not trollign here, but the steam version of GTA4 is incompatible with the icEnhacer mod. It will work, but it will work very, very, poorly. ICenhancer needs patch 1.0.4.0 for optimal performance, steam is default at 1.0.7.0

Reports say its not that bad, just missing a few effects. iCEnhancer 1.2.5 is apparently built specifically to be 1.0.7.0 compatible, so there's hope people :)

Everyone get Jamestown (got it up and running even if I had to return to the depths of Windows XP :P).

It's bullet heaven.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

ShaneU wrote: »
    The bit.trip games are all €2 each
    Everyone get Jamestown (got it up and running even if I had to return to the depths of Windows XP :P).

It's bullet heaven.

Got it with Kings Bounty, loving it right now.

Got it with Kings Bounty, loving it right now.

Probably the slickest, most playable non-Cave bullet hell game I've played. I consider that a compliment of the highest order :)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭ShiverinEskimo

Burgo wrote: »
    I wouldn't waste a fiver on it tbh, such an awful boring game, never even bothered to finish it.

Stev_o wrote: »
    You'll regret it not a great shooter.

Couldn't disagree more. One of the most difficult games to get into and not perfect by any means but I'm so glad I stuck with it - I really liked it. Flawed but brilliant IMO.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Tempted to get the GTA IV pack, havent played any GTA since the first one.
    Is it worth it?
    Much content included?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,842 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Dcully wrote: »
    Tempted to get the GTA IV pack, havent played any GTA since the first one.
    Is it worth it?
    Much content included?
    YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSS
    Couldn't disagree more. One of the most difficult games to get into and not perfect by any means but I'm so glad I stuck with it - I really liked it. Flawed but brilliant IMO.
    Couldn't recommend Far Cry 2 to anyone, those respawning checkpoints were just a stupid decision.

GTA IV isn't the best game ever, but I really think R* created the most compelling environment of any open world game yet. It's just such a great place to explore, if slightly disappointing there's not as many fun extras as previous GTA games. But the Ballad of Gay Tony is fantastic stuff, base jumping ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,953 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I really wish Steam would leave me alone, just got GTA 4 and Batman:AA.Already own both on Xbox, but they're so cheap :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Enjoyed it as well despite the flaws. Refreshing that the tried something different, even if it wasn't successful it was like nothing else.

Advertisement