Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Soby wrote: »
    Croc just scared the living crap outta me

Wait till you meet a tiger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soap1978

shark,my arm is in bits

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

Played around 2/3 hours so far on the xbox absolutely loving it to be honest

Only thing is does nobody find stealth to be a little bit overpowered ? I mean I've only the basic take down and the pistol with the silencer but these pirate guys just havent had a chance so far , although to be honest most camps I have attacked have only 5 -10 guys thats prob making a big difference

Had saved up to buy the bow , just did one final tower before heading back to the village , unlocked the bow for free :D was delighted with myself

I'm about 7 hours in and I've only done 10 camps, I'm starting to notice that the guards are moving in groups of two or three and there's two or three heavies in each camp, it makes the stealth option a lot harder.

I got myself cornered in one and I was full sure I was going down but then a tiger decided he would take a stroll through the camp and he wiped out a heavy and two snipers. He saved my ass!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Bloodwing wrote: »
    Just climb a few radio towers and the bow will be available for free. All my money goes on ammo and weapon customisation. I'm currently using a M-700 with a suppressor and high powered scope to clear out the pirates. There's so many ways to take them out I don't know which is best!

Yeah got it after me fourth tower, This game rules. Fantastic in almost everyy way. I would deduct points to bad AI and even worse AI driving, but for suchj a full rich experience i can over look a few cracks in the paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Killed a goat drinking at a river, went over to skin it and a ****ing crocodile pops out of the water and nearly kills me!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Are there flyable helicopters or is the glider the only air vehicle ?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Took out two goats with a jetski. That was the last item on my bucket list. Who'd have thought it would be possible?
    Soby wrote: »
    Are there flyable helicopters or is the glider the only air vehicle ?

I've only seen gliders so far.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

Johner wrote: »
    You could get it here,

https://www.gamefly.co.uk/Download-Far-Cry-3/5004231/

Use the code NOV20OFFUK to knock the price down to £27.99 which is about €34.50. The download is 8.87gb but downloaded much quicker than my downloads on steam seem too.

Am I blind? Where do you enter the code?

Am I blind? Where do you enter the code?

AFTER you enter credit card details...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Just realised
    in the cave where all the saved members of your party are if you eat the beans near the boat you get sent into a deep sleep and dream about the events leading up to your capture. Had 3 of them waiting for me when I found out. Great way to tell the prequel of the main story!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Bear Grills will be out of job thanks to Jason Brody.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

How many hrs roughly is the game?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

How many hrs roughly is the game?

Personally I'm prob going to put around 30 - 50 hours in ! The map is so huge coupled with all the things to do there is no chance of not getting your moneys worth .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Its not bad, but I am not majorly impressed so far. Graphics are very good, looks very pretty. The user interface is a little clunky for my liking. Its basically like a first person version of Just Cause, but not as good.

After around 15-20 hours gameplay its started to get a little boring. Healing is a pain in the hole. Saying that I cant put the bloody joystick down!.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

Feelgood wrote: »
    Its not bad, but I am not majorly impressed so far. Graphics are very good, looks very pretty. The user interface is a little clunky for my liking. Its basically like a first person version of Just Cause, but not as good.

After around 15-20 hours gameplay its started to get a little boring. Healing is a pain in the hole. Saying that I cant put the bloody joystick down!.

Only a few hours in but to me it feels like a good console game badly ported to a pc. It's enjoyable though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,460 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

I'm really tempted to pick this up. Have they sorted out the problems from FC2 on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Ok, I've a decent pc but this is a little bit stuttery.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

I'm really tempted to pick this up. Have they sorted out the problems from FC2 on this?

Short answer yes

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Any way to turn off the enemy icons over their heads? I would prefer to mark enemies and see them on the mini-map not see these giant icons in front of me. Spoils the immersion slightly. And the constant reminders of the current mission is a tad spoon feeding. Loving it though.

Far Cry 3 servers are down....so what? I'm trying to play single player. Stop preventing me playing my game you *****!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,651 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

mewso wrote: »
    Any way to turn off the enemy icons over their heads? I would prefer to mark enemies and see them on the mini-map not see these giant icons in front of me. Spoils the immersion slightly. And the constant reminders of the current mission is a tad spoon feeding. Loving it though.

Yeah the UI problems are pretty bad, everyones hoping they are gonna patch in some options to adjust and get rid of things but theres been no word yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

VinLieger wrote: »
    Yeah the UI problems are pretty bad, everyones hoping they are gonna patch in some options to adjust and get rid of things but theres been no word yet

I'm on the 360 but so far my only real issue is that and having to hold X to open doors, enter a car etc. a minor grievance but still.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Quality game thats for sure.....

Has a few little bugs but nothing major, I swear I would buy this game just to go around hunting animals with the bow and arrows. Not worth running on DX11 as the difference is minimal and the FPS hit is huge. I am on DX9 maxed out and its stunning running smooth like hot butter.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

I was finding that when running or driving there was a slight slow down for just a second. Not quite a stutter in frame rates. It seems to perform better in windowed mode!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Great game , but I thought in 2012 we'd moved beyond "mash space"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Enjoying it quite a lot.

I was doing a mission and sneaking around the outskirts...could hear a tiger somewhere until I turned around and got mauled. ****er was hunting me hunting them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just for anybody who hasn't checked in UPlay yet, there are 4 unlockables available in there (xbox 360) - a far cry theme, tattoo for multiplayer, a cannon handgun and a single player downloadable mission called Testing Unit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

anyone get this for ps3?whats it like?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

anyone get this for ps3?whats it like?

Yeah. been playing for about 4-5 hours and no problems so far!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 8,816 Mod ✭✭✭✭mewso

Another bug I found is the hunting with the bow missions. If you have fire arrows then after firing one normal arrow it switches to fire arrows and the only way I could switch back was to go back to where you pick up the bow and you get an option to press r and switch back to normal arrows. I can't find a way to switch arrow type in normal circumstances but maybe I'm missing something. Annoying. Fire arrow at tiger, run like crap back to weapon placement, press r to switch back to normal arrows. Repeat until animal or you are dead.

Advertisement