Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

For people that have the Pc version. How does it run ?

And what hardware are you running.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

blobby360 wrote: »
    For people that have the Pc version. How does it run ?

And what hardware are you running.

I have a i7 2700k, 16gb ram and HD6870 and the card seems to be managing fairly well with it, I'm getting around 47fps dipping to 40 with AA off and everything set to very high. I get around 40 - 34 or so if I set everything to ultra. AA seems to be the killer...fps drops to around 25 or lower if I enable it with very high/ultra settings

• Site Banned Posts: 317 ✭✭Turbine

Anyone get their Xtravision orders?

Hopefully my one has arrived, can't wait to go home and check. :-)

Not yet, but didn't they say it wouldn't be delivered till Friday?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

marco_polo wrote: »
    If you have an NVidia card they have new new beta drivers out as well which might be worth a shot.

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/nvidia-geforce-310-64-beta-drivers-released

Thanks Marco, I've got these down last night while poking about. Will check everything is updated and try tonight – can't wait to get into this.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

I have a i7 2700k, 16gb ram and HD6870 and the card seems to be managing fairly well with it, I'm getting around 47fps dipping to 40 with AA off and everything set to very high. I get around 40 - 34 or so if I set everything to ultra. AA seems to be the killer...fps drops to around 25 or lower if I enable it with very high/ultra settings

Ultra PostFX is supposed to be another huge FPS killer, and by all accounts pairing it back to medium doesn't have a huge impact on visual quality.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Turbine wrote: »
    Not yet, but didn't they say it wouldn't be delivered till Friday?

True, either way I won't be around to get to play it unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,498 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Grayditch wrote: »
    Cool. Can't wait to play 5 mins of the game and 500 hours on the map editor.

The map editor looks class alright. I have no interest in that kind of thing but looks like you could really build great map if you pumped enough hours into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

€50 on Steam for the PC version? ouch! :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

py2006 wrote: »
    €50 on Steam for the PC version? ouch! :(

Well worth 50 euro tbh.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

A UPlay key on G2Play is €31, and since you would need UPlay anyway even if you bought it on steam might as well get it there.

• Advertisement

A UPlay key on G2Play is €31, and since you would need UPlay anyway even if you bought it on steam might as well get it there.

Well that price is more like it! :P

EDIT: Is this just a key? and I have to get the game from Ubisoft? or have I got that wrong?

Well that price is more like it! :P

EDIT: Is this just a key? and I have to get the game from Ubisoft? or have I got that wrong?

Yeah they basically bulk buy retail copies and throw the CD and box away. After you order they will email you a scanned copy of the serial key, which you will then be able to redeem from the Ubisoft store (I haven't done it for a UPlay game before, but have had ordered a few steamworks games in the past no problem.).

Kinda sounds a bit dodgy!

So there is no extra fee when you bring the scan to Ubisoft?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,990 ✭✭✭✭2smiggy

what is the download size of the game off steam ?

2smiggy wrote: »

It says 15gb but I am not sure if that is the file size or the amount of space it takes up after installation.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

If you purchase the UPlay key, I assume you can't/don't play the game from within steam?

Cheers,
    sombaht

FC3 will be my first UPlay experience but Ubisoft appear to be using pretty well the exact same system as Origin and steamworks titles.

It's would be the same as if you bought a retail version in the shop yourself. You could throw away the box, put the CD key directly into UPlay and download it instead.

Like I said they seem reasonably decent operation, for example they only sell you a vaild EU region key for steam games (not the VPN requiring russian versions) etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Elysian

2smiggy wrote: »

Mine appears to be 10.3gbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just for anyone thinking of picking this up in HMV in the crescent, Limerick - they might not have copies until late tomorrow. Or Saturday morning. I was in this afternoon and they said they hadn't recieved any stock of it today :( It will be priced 49.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,662 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Is there any benefit to buying this off steam compared to somewhere else? i enjoy having my games all in one place but if i can get it cheaper i reckon i might as well since im still gonna have to deal with u-play either way right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

You could get it here,

https://www.gamefly.co.uk/Download-Far-Cry-3/5004231/

Use the code NOV20OFFUK to knock the price down to £27.99 which is about €34.50. The download is 8.87gb but downloaded much quicker than my downloads on steam seem too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Well worth 50 euro tbh.

Not when you can get it on amazon for €35 including postage or gamestop for €40

• Registered Users Posts: 53,891 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Im not sure why im getting such low fps with 2 670s, i5 oc to 4.4ghz and 8gb ram

am i doing somthing wrong in the settings?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Headshot wrote: »
    Im not sure why im getting such low fps with 2 670s, i5 oc to 4.4ghz and 8gb ram

Maybe update your graphics card driver and reduce the settings :(

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

What FPS are you getting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

What's the save game facility on the PC. Can you have multiple saves or quick save? Or does it just save your progress automatically?

On a phone now but google farcry3_d3d11.exe adding this to the nvidia profile seems to be solving some sli problems. There are new beta drivers out as well yesterday.

What FPS are you getting?
    imagine I was actually getting a 11fps when I was on the target range
    On a phone now but google farcry3_d3d11.exe adding this to the nvidia profile seems to be solving some sli problems. There are new beta drivers out as well yesterday.
    sound

I never knew an update was up, hopefully that gets me sorted

ffs

Its just not right. I have 70fps and then once I attack the enemy its drops to 15. That is far from right

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭Elysian

imagine I was actually getting a 11fps when I was on the target range

That's insane. I'm using the new beta drivers with my dual 460s and the game has been super smooth for me so far at 1920 x 1080 with everything set to high.

Advertisement