Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,133 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Getting 40fps everything on high/very high. However turning down post processing to medium and leaving everything else high/very high I get about 70fps (GTX 570). Game looks fantastic and loving the game. Had a heart attack though when
    a god damn croc decided to make mince meat of my leg as I was exploring a cave!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,913 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Great news im getting a 100fps now

download nvidia inspector

go to Far Cry 3 profile , add "farcry3_d3d11.exe" to the profile (you'll find that in the Far Cry 3 installation folder/bin map obviously)

"while you're at it, also change the SLI DX1x compatibility bits to " 0x0C1902F5 "

running 2880*1620 downsampled, with V-Sync at a smooth 60 fps with my GTX 670 SLI

ingame settings : MSAA off, Alpha to Coverage off, HBAO (best quality anyway) , Shadows High, PostFX medium (introduces motion blur & kills framerate), everything else maxed

also final word of advice: set it to [Full Screen] and not Borderless Window ..."

post from another forum the "0x0C1902F5" helped me alot

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

marco_polo wrote: »
    A UPlay key on G2Play is €31, and since you would need UPlay anyway even if you bought it on steam might as well get it there.

Uplay doesn't seem to allow for game keys to be redeemed like that

Got these nice far cry 3 wallpapers from u play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

MagicSean wrote: »

You download the game by clicking on the link on the g2p site. Mine is downloading now

• Advertisement

omerin wrote: »
    You download the game by clicking on the link on the g2p site. Mine is downloading now

Does it show up in the Uplay application?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Seems your are right, looks like I misundrstood. I got a free copy with a graphics card so presumed I was getting a key. What I actually got was a promo code for the store from which I get a download from the store.

EDIT

Does it show up in the Uplay application?

Think I have figured it out, you can add it to uplay but can only download it if bought from Ubisoft. Otherwise you must use the installed provided by where you bought the game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

ANyone know the prices for console version in B&M I'm guessing HMV is cheapest?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Got stuck into this tonight. It's pretty good. But just like Assassin's Creed and Hitman Absolution, it's more fun when you ignore the plot. Loads to do and explore and should keep me busy for a while. My only real gripe is that I've found that a lot of the terrain difficult to walk over. And I'm not talking about steep hills or anything. I've found myself getting stuck on uneven surfaces. The cave mission near the start was fairly awkward to navigate through because of all the bumps. Other than that, I'm having a blast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

calex71 wrote: »
    ANyone know the prices for console version in B&M I'm guessing HMV is cheapest?

HMV is pricing it 49.99 but they are doing an offer where if you buy something (i.e a cd) you'll get a 5e off voucher for your next pruchase that's valid until December 2nd. That's my Far Cry 3 sorted for 45e in the morning :D

Argos are priced at 53.99 with Gamestop in the same range. No idea about Tescos or Smyths Toys though.

• Advertisement

DarkJager wrote: »
    Argos are priced at 53.99 with Gamestop in the same range. No idea about Tescos or Smyths Toys though.

Smyths are selling it for Xbox/PS3 for 54.99.

One of the most gorgeous looking games I ever played tbh. This is why I love my pc because you just cant get this graphics on a console

L9eq7l.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Got the game sorted now. 60 FPS with high on most settings bar post FX. Although the pop up persists. Its like view distance. Shadows on some things don't seem to draw in unless im really close, finer shadows on a car for example, but the shadow the car as a whole casts on the ground i can see from miles away. Also some pop up on plants and foliage and stuff. Seems other people on the net having similar problems.

Anyone of ye having such issues? A good test is to stand infront of the Mushroom Doctors door and walk back and forward you can see the shadows roll in and out.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Got the game this morning for the usual €47 for new releases in HMV minus a fair chunk from trading in a game. Not at home at the moment. Looking at the box here coupled with hearing what friends make of it since they got it on their PC has me damn excited :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Got the game sorted now. 60 FPS with high on most settings bar post FX. Although the pop up persists. Its like view distance. Shadows on some things don't seem to draw in unless im really close, finer shadows on a car for example, but the shadow the car as a whole casts on the ground i can see from miles away. Also some pop up on plants and foliage and stuff. Seems other people on the net having similar problems.

Anyone of ye having such issues? A good test is to stand infront of the Mushroom Doctors door and walk back and forward you can see the shadows roll in and out.

I'm not getting these exactly. But I'm seeing a weird popup on certain objects – a whole scene up display correctly, but a single cabin will "fill" itself in slowly if I pan across repeatedly.

I expect a lot of these type of glitches will get a fix.

Also shadows around characters you talk to – thick black shadow "glow" – although I think this is intentional.

How do folks find the gun play? I might just need more time with it (about 3hrs in), but I find it's not so satisfying. Too much kick from the weapons and enemies take lots of non-headshots to go down (I think a tiger takes about 15-20 rounds using the basic assault rifle!). Perhaps it's just the starting guns, so the unlocks seem more powerful in comparison.

Seems your are right, looks like I misundrstood. I got a free copy with a graphics card so presumed I was getting a key. What I actually got was a promo code for the store from which I get a download from the store.

EDIT

Think I have figured it out, you can add it to uplay but can only download it if bought from Ubisoft. Otherwise you must use the installed provided by where you bought the game.

Just got it there. It adds itself to Uplay once the updater finishes. Says it isn't registered though.

Great deal. For those of you wondering, the download link is not sent to you. It is actually on the games page in the store. Took me a while to find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

4 hours in and this game is freaking amazing! GOTY! GOTY! GOTY!

Notorioux wrote: »
    4 hours in and this game is freaking amazing! GOTY! GOTY! GOTY!

Totally agree :D Vaas might be the best acted villain in any game ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

40 euro with a facebook offer from xtra vision, how could I say no. Knowing little about the game and never played a far cry game before. I'm looking forward to it based on above comments!!

Looks a bit like LOST, lol!

Its not a direct sequel is it? will i have needed to play the other games?

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

Lads,
    I take it that buying via Steam, I get to play online with Steam friends, where as if I buy via UPlay, then I wont be able to play with Steam friends? Is this correct?
    Or is there any advantage buying via one distributor over another?

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

srumball wrote: »
    40 euro with a facebook offer from xtra vision, how could I say no. Knowing little about the game and never played a far cry game before. I'm looking forward to it based on above comments!!

€40 for console or pc?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

Its a brand new characther so its a completely blank slate.
    sombaht wrote: »
    Lads,
    I take it that buying via Steam, I get to play online with Steam friends, where as if I buy via UPlay, then I wont be able to play with Steam friends? Is this correct?
    Or is there any advantage buying via one distributor over another?

Cheers,
    sombaht

No you'll have to find out the UPlay usernames for your steam friends first as FC3 multiplayer all goes through ubisofts infrastructure.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

if it's 40 with an offer it has to be console

I'm really enjoying it so far. Creeping around and planning an attack on a group is brilliant, the stealth mechanics really work well in this one. Just crafted my second weapon holster and ammo pouch after spending the first 2 hours with a single STG 90 that only had 60 rounds in it :D The
    mushroom trip in the cave
    was unexpected but brilliant, off to the
    Medusa
    next!

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭sombaht

No you'll have to find out the UPlay usernames for your steam friends first as FC3 multiplayer all goes through ubisofts infrastructure.

Thanks, but if it were launched through Steam, will Steam show you as online playing FC3 or are all your stats/achievements etc recorded in Uplay only?

Cheers,
    sombaht

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

just got my preorder off gamestop but i never got the monkey business DLC , bad craic altogether as i ended up payin 59 for it :(

py2006 wrote: »
    €40 for console or pc?

Console yeah

just got my preorder off gamestop but i never got the monkey business DLC , bad craic altogether as i ended up payin 59 for it :(

got no pre order bonus either

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

got no pre order bonus either

I asked them and they said "ohhh theyre all in the box " which was the lost expiditions bonus , i said there should be mire that that so then she said we've the predator pack , except we're not to give that out , still i convinced her to give it , kinda annoyed about monkey business tho , the trailers for that looked epic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Sneak around camp

Chuck rock

Wait until everyone goes to look at rock in a big circle

Chuck grenade

"OH MAH' GAWD!!!"

*BOOOOOM!!!*

The rock is very handy but also buggy as hell. It acts like an on-off switch to the AI; Chuck it once, they'll come...............chuck a 2nd one shortly afterwards in a similar space to the 1st, they'll walk away somewhere random or back to their patrol.

Still, really enjoying this game. I like that I'm not constantly running from spot to spot guns blazing like Rambo, taking time to craft my gear and go hunting.

Advertisement