Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Sneak around camp

Chuck rock

Wait until everyone goes to look at rock in a big circle

Chuck grenade

"OH MAH' GAWD!!!"

*BOOOOOM!!!*

The rock is very handy but also buggy as hell. It acts like an on-off switch to the AI; Chuck it once, they'll come...............chuck a 2nd one shortly afterwards in a similar space to the 1st, they'll walk away somewhere random or back to their patrol.

Still, really enjoying this game. I like that I'm not constantly running from spot to spot guns blazing like Rambo, taking time to craft my gear and go hunting.

Speaking of hunting, I just got my first shark skin after nearly being eaten by it. Think I'll be doing some fishing with grenades if I need anymore of them :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

sombaht wrote: »
    Thanks, but if it were launched through Steam, will Steam show you as online playing FC3 or are all your stats/achievements etc recorded in Uplay only?

Cheers,
    sombaht

I think I saw somebody on another forum mention that there were no Steam achievements and you weren't shown as In game for FC3, but I am not sure about that sure to be honest.

I'll be getting mine off Uplay if overclockers.co.uk ever get around to sending me my promo code. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

You guys playing on PC or console. I can't decide which to get it on. I normally go PC when it comes to FPS

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

Playing it on PC, looks fantastic, the colours are really vibrant on me plasma TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Duggy747 wrote: »
    The rock is very handy but also buggy as hell. It acts like an on-off switch to the AI; Chuck it once, they'll come...............chuck a 2nd one shortly afterwards in a similar space to the 1st, they'll walk away somewhere random or back to their patrol.

I've found the AI isn't great. Two guys walking down the road having a conversation. Wait until they stop talking, jump out behind one and drag his body back into the undergrowth. Meanwhile his buddy walks on, stops a little while on but doesn't react to the fact that he's now alone with his buddys gun lying back along the road.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Just got mine there now, got the hunter pack even though I only bought the lost expeditions edition.

Anyone else have the infinite loading problem on pc? Can't get into the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Got the insane edition, havent got to play it yet until i get home from work but the survival guide is all creased up and bent. Im assuming its meant to look like that, anyone elses the same way?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Is there any bonus content going with the console versions on sale at HMV or xtravision? Like for black ops 2 you could get the nuketown map with launch copies even if you hadn't preordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,314 ✭✭✭sink

Got the delux edition from uplay with all the DLC for €49.99. Didn't want to miss out. Will be on sometime after 7pm and then will play for 5-6 hours straight with toilet breaks. Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Playing it on the ps3 and I have to say its a lot better than I expected, there is a ridiculous amount of terrain to explore only this time its worth it and rewards you for the effort. I'm not concentrating on the main missions much at all, just taking in the sights and sounds. I didn't think I'd use crafting much at all but it tells you when you have certain items for an upgrade so you don't have to manually go looking yourself, I can see people getting a lot of play out of this. Looks really lush and vibrant too, even when you get drawn into a fire fight the frame rate is still superb :)

• Advertisement

Is there any bonus content going with the console versions on sale at HMV or xtravision? Like for black ops 2 you could get the nuketown map with launch copies even if you hadn't preordered.

I'm pretty sure the standard edition they both are selling is the lost expeditions edition and gives you the 2 extra missions and a flare gun, but really with the level editor being able to support AI I'm not sure extra levels matter, you also get the usual multiplayer unlock code for the psn store. The one for AC3 said it had 1hr of play, finished it in 20mins. Batman came out on bluray/dvd today too so I'm taking a break from the island to give it a watch :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Whats the AI like?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 10,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭marco_polo

py2006 wrote: »
    You guys playing on PC or console. I can't decide which to get it on. I normally go PC when it comes to FPS

I'd definitely go PC if you have one that can run it well, unless you the multiplayer also interests you and you have a load of friend to play with on PSN or XBL.

omerin wrote: »
    Whats the AI like?

Not bad, you can tag enemies with a camera or rifle scope so it makes it easier to keep track of a base full of them. They do the usual dive for cover thing but don't seem too challenging yet even when working in groups, I thought marking them (a glowing skull appears over their head and you can see them through cover/objects) would be a bit of a giant win but you really start to appreciate it when 20 or so of them are around. I'm using stealth a lot too, you can throw stones to distract them then take them out silently ..well if a bloody machete counts as silently.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ahnowbrowncow

Am I the only person here who can't get this to work? When I start it all I get is an infinite loop of the loading screen. Reinstalled the game and uplay countless times on my ssd and hdd, tried it without the uplay overlay, tried it online and offline and with and without the patch but it makes no difference, I still get the infinite loading screen.

Contacted ubisoft but no response, wasted my last 5 hours trying to get this to work

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

So far lots of fun, ive been hunting pirates and killing them and their squads with a knife, ive only shot game so far, gonna go for a silent killer type myself, I am saving for the bow and arrow and have already made my quiver. I love this game so much and im only a few hours in.

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭Havo

What are the new features of the map editor like? Any good?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Picked it up on Xbox and it's running really well. Looks great, solid frame rate an so far a hell of a lot of fun. I was only of those that actually loved Far Cry 2 and this looks like a great refinement of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Carroller

Iv no real interest in this game but have a code to buy this game for 39.99 through xtra vision with free delivery and should be there for release day! Got it through their Facebook! The code expires at midnight tonight!

Anyway anyone one who wants this first come first serve follow these instructions...

Redeem your offer at http://www.xtra-vision.ie/offerfc.html by entering FBTAB00333824 when you check out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Anyone else finding the AI at a distance blind,deaf and overall retarded towards gunfire?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Thanks to uplay iv unlocked cannon handgun for the single player, looks like a big 44 magnum

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭feelgoodinc27

Carroller wrote: »
    Iv no real interest in this game but have a code to buy this game for 39.99 through xtra vision with free delivery and should be there for release day! Got it through their Facebook! The code expires at midnight tonight!

Anyway anyone one who wants this first come first serve follow these instructions...

Redeem your offer at http://www.xtra-vision.ie/offerfc.html by entering FBTAB00333824 when you check out.

Thanks used it there, I assure you that a copy of FC3 is going to a good home!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭tcjpmcd

Anyone tried using the Map editor yet? How does it feel? features? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭Bloodwing

So far lots of fun, ive been hunting pirates and killing them and their squads with a knife, ive only shot game so far, gonna go for a silent killer type myself, I am saving for the bow and arrow and have already made my quiver. I love this game so much and im only a few hours in.

Just climb a few radio towers and the bow will be available for free. All my money goes on ammo and weapon customisation. I'm currently using a M-700 with a suppressor and high powered scope to clear out the pirates. There's so many ways to take them out I don't know which is best!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Soby wrote: »
    Anyone else finding the AI at a distance blind,deaf and overall retarded towards gunfire?
    `

Better than Far Cry 2 then. In that game fire one shot from a mile away and everyone within 2 miles knew your location straight away and could hit you through trees no problem even with no line of sight.

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Love this game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Just realised there is body armor available in the shop :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Played around 2/3 hours so far on the xbox absolutely loving it to be honest

Only thing is does nobody find stealth to be a little bit overpowered ? I mean I've only the basic take down and the pistol with the silencer but these pirate guys just havent had a chance so far , although to be honest most camps I have attacked have only 5 -10 guys thats prob making a big difference

Had saved up to buy the bow , just did one final tower before heading back to the village , unlocked the bow for free :D was delighted with myself

tcjpmcd wrote: »
    Anyone tried using the Map editor yet? How does it feel? features? :D

It's pretty much identical to the editor in the 2nd game only with more objects and the ability to populate your level with AI for yourself to play, it still lets you publish and play them online too. Half of the reason I got it was for editor, I played around with it for about 20mins and there are no complaints especially if you were use to the editor in far cry 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Croc just scared the living crap outta me

Advertisement