Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,604 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

DarkJager wrote: »

You can fast travel away from the area if you're being mauled ;)
    Nah it's those story driven events. Without spoiling theres a jeep that needs push starting. Took me 20 minutes to get that one.
    And the save points are screwed so if you don't manage to "mash space" you get to watch the same 3 minute cinematic over and over and over agin until you want to scream.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

I do think the game needs a tad optimizing TBH as its deffo not using all four cores as efficently as it could. As I said, I have the game maxed out on DX9 and getting the 60FPS no probs running vsync on a 24" 1920x1200 res. with an oldish i5 2500K and oldish 6990 at this stage.

Fooking game is quality.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,409 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

a 6990 is old :pac: thats a serious card (its a dual in one right?), so the game seems alright to run in dx9, what are the gpu breaking differences in dx11?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Just finished it. Seriously amazing.
    What ending did people pick? I decided to stay with the rakyat and kill the friends and got a little show out of it :P

Would like to know what the other ending was though!

Anyone else experience the magical floating Molotov cocktail?

Only been quick saving and tried everything to get rid of the blasted thing and its looking like I'm going to have to restart the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

horgan_p wrote: »
    Spent an unholy amount of time over the weekend on this.
    the ****ing mash space crap has me driven demented , anyone got any tips ?
    (Usung mouse and Keyboard BTW)

HA! I told all my mates I had a flu so i could play uninterupted.

Kinda feel bad for lying but ive got other friends to save from pirates.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Darko wrote: »
    Anyone else experience the magical floating Molotov cocktail?

Only been quick saving and tried everything to get rid of the blasted thing and its looking like I'm going to have to restart the game

Have you tried fast travelling or even dying? It's really bizzare though, I haven't encountered any problems like that in 10+ hours so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

Well the start was pretty sweet. I think I like Vaas, he's my kind of villain. Very pretty game, looks like it hasn't fallen into any of the bad habits the other Far Cry games had.

I still hate Uplay though.

DarkJager wrote: »

Have you tried fast travelling or even dying? It's really bizzare though, I haven't encountered any problems like that in 10+ hours so far.

Tried everything. The bottle remains stuck in his wrist no matter what I do. Seems to be a common enough bug so decided to just restart the game.

I have to kill a black panther with a bow and arrow, I get three shots and the bollox still gets me every time. I even have the bow upgrades and hunting stims active. Any of you guys face it yet?

Edit: I may have to ring in sick tomorrow/today i only realised im in work at 9, I thought it was about 2:30 at the latest. Cant get a better review for a game than that :D

Also just found an abstergo file :O

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,813 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I think i played the best level ever last night, Kicking the Hornets Nest. I think it's Story Mission 13. I will spoiler it:
    First off, getting to the Weed farm and starting to burn with the flamethrower, and he says "Holy fook, this is brilliant" or something like it, and a fantastically fitting song playing in the background.
    This level is just fantastic. Everything went so well together! And i don't even like Skrillex!

Going to have to see what other games i've played this year, and yet to get Dishonored, but i think this is definitely GOTY. Ubi have made themselves another cash cow!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

alligator

Mother****er. Biggest heart attack I've had in a game in ages.

I could hear hissing then BAM.

Amazing game.

Jasons missus is a whiny **** tho. Where's the "mash space" to smack her option!

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I'm torn. Didn't think anyone would top Handsome Jack for Villain of the Year, but Vaas pushes him damn close.

I'm torn. Didn't think anyone would top Handsome Jack for Villain of the Year, but Vaas pushes him damn close.

Vaas wins in acting and drama. Handsome Jack in sheer hilariousness.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Only started last night. Dr Earnhardt is deadly.

Have to say the motion capture and acting in this game is brilliant.

Korvanica wrote: »
    Only started last night. Dr Earnhardt is deadly.

Have to say the motion capture and acting in this game is brilliant.

Lucky you! I finished it last night. Now what will I do :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,992 ✭✭✭Korvanica

Limericks wrote: »

Play it again ? or MP ? or Planetside 2...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Sidequests ? do it again on higher difficulty ? don't just sit for 50 hours straight playing it for the sake of completing it as soon as possible ?

Myself and probably half the people on the thread fall into the category of players that, as soon as the "introduction" shackles are taken off, just run in a random direction doing sidequests and not touching the main story for the first 20 hours or so.
    Same with Fallout / Skyrim or any open world game.

SeantheMan wrote: »
    Sidequests ? do it again on higher difficulty ? don't just sit for 50 hours straight playing it for the sake of completing it as soon as possible ?

Myself and probably half the people on the thread fall into the category of players that, as soon as the "introduction" shackles are taken off, just run in a random direction doing sidequests and not touching the main story for the first 20 hours or so.

Im in the same category but could not stop playing it! Finished all of the side quests and unlocked all of the signature weapons by collecting enough collectables.

I cleared all of the camps and radio towers before touching most of the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Im in the same category but could not stop playing it! Finished all of the side quests and unlocked all of the signature weapons by collecting enough collectables.

I can give ye the HumbleBundle if you're on PC and don't already have it (Darksiders / Company of Heroes / Red Faction /Metro2033)

Else I suggest get a new game or a new hobby :)

• Advertisement

I can give ye the HumbleBundle if you're on PC and don't already have it (Darksiders / Company of Heroes / Red Faction /Metro2033)

Else I suggest get a new game or a new hobby :)

I grabbed the bundle almost instantly :P Thanks though!

I am just in that funk when you finish a really good game and nothing else you play will live up to it for awhile. Twill fade just like it did with borderlands 2 and other before it!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,483 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

My Lost Expedition edition just arrived. Reading this thread over the weekend has me foaming at the mouth, looking forward to lashing into it!

I saw a trophy for 'rescue a
    hollywood star
    '

Can anyone confirm if this is '
    McLovin
    '. No need to tell me who it is if it's not him. Thanks!

sheehy83 wrote: »
    My Lost Expedition edition just arrived. Reading this thread over the weekend has me foaming at the mouth, looking forward to lashing into it!

I saw a trophy for 'rescue a
    hollywood star
    '

Can anyone confirm if this is '
    McLovin
    '. No need to tell me who it is if it's not him. Thanks!
    it's not ;)

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Made my way onto the second island last night. The few missions and namely some of the cutscenes before that are excellently done.So many hours poured into the game since picking it up on release day and I've enjoyed every moment up to now. I really don't want this game to end!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

how do you unlock the weapon attachments?

bear in mind I have not even gone to Dr. Earnhardt yet, I have just bein going around getting outposts/towers/having a blast!

so ive only done the very first mission.

Does progressing through the story unlock weapon attachments? Really want silencer and scopes!!

• Site Banned Posts: 26,456 ✭✭✭✭Nuri Sahin

Guilty as charged :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,684 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

tuxy wrote: »
    I think there is a bug where it shows up as running in dx11 even if you run the farcry3.exe and not the farcry3_d3d11.exe

You need to run farcry3_d3d11 to be sure you are running dx11

I just tested there with a gtx 570 60 fps running farcry3.exe
    20 fps running farcry3_d3d11.exe :eek:

Dcully are you running farcry3_d3d11.exe?

My dx11 screenshots.

farcry3_d3d11_2012_12_03_10_00_38_63.png

farcry3_d3d11_2012_12_03_09_58_19_48.png

Jesus man, did you ate or sleep the past three days? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

Anyone here don't use fast travel like me? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,748 ✭✭✭rolexeagle1

how does one unlock the weapon attachments?

Advertisement