Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 3

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,815 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

^^ When i have fire arrows equipped, it tells me to press X to change back to normal arrows (360). Unless i don't have any normal ones left.

This is definitely a GOTY contender for me. Everything about it is brilliant. I thought i might get bored of liberating the enemy hideouts, but i'm not. Each one is different, with different types of patrols and enemies, and also increasing in numbers.

Story seems brilliant so far, the voice acting and cut scenes are extremely well done. I find myself actually caring for characters, which is rare in games these days. Plus, Liza, dat ass!!!

Also, my first encounter with a croc will stay with me for a long time. Went to swan dive into a river, and just as i'm about to hit the water, the fecker jumps out and bites my on the arm! Queue panic as i dropped the controller due to the unexpectedness of it!

I've also 6 skills points to spend but nothing to spend them on. Think i need to do more main missions...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Downloading now from steam :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,602 ✭✭✭scwazrh

Just started on ps3 , very good so far

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Hunting a tiger only to be mauled from behind by another one :D

An early mission where you have to go to the logging place there was a tiger at the top of the camp just sitting there :confused: managed to tag all the enemies and him so I could see them through cover then managed to antagonise the tiger with out getting spotted and watched the chaos ensue while I switched off the alarm and threw a few nades in while they are bunched up dealing with tony the tiger :D

• Registered Users Posts: 53,853 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

It was beautiful once, it will be again

• Advertisement

anyone try the MP or Co-Op modes? Mp was not for people like me who don't play competitive mp games ....... Co-Op will need an organised team even on easy from what I played of it earlier,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,897 ✭✭✭MagicSean

I'm afraid to go near the grass. Dam lizards. This game certainly immerses you that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

I'm really tempted to pick this up. Have they sorted out the problems from FC2 on this?

2 very different games Oafley, i hated 2 traded it 2 days later. I loving everything in this.
    And i dont miss having malaria.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

2 very different games Oafley, i hated 2 traded it 2 days later. I loving everything in this.
    And i dont miss having malaria.

Yeah i did same thought FC2 rubbish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

Does this game have a proper splitscreen story mode on xbox/ps3? Can you explore the whole island free roaming etc?

As far as I can tell from articles it does but finding it hard to get any real info on it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

I love that Rambo feeling I get when preparing an attack on an outpost :D Crafting medicines and animal repellents first, then loading up on armor and ammo before planning if I'll go by land or sea. Usually try to get high ground as my new silenced sniper rifle is proving a very useful tool!

The fire is brilliantly done as well. I was attacking an outpost earlier and rigged a dune buggy outside the gate with C4. Stealth killed one guy and when I was far enough in to the camp I detonated the buggy. The inferno it caused took out the rest of the soldiers in the camp and nearly me as well only for a well timed escape and pat down :D So much win in this game.

DarkJager wrote: »
    I love that Rambo feeling I get when preparing an attack on an outpost :D Crafting medicines and animal repellents first, then loading up on armor and ammo before planning if I'll go by land or sea. Usually try to get high ground as my new silenced sniper rifle is proving a very useful tool!

The fire is brilliantly done as well. I was attacking an outpost earlier and rigged a dune buggy outside the gate with C4. Stealth killed one guy and when I was far enough in to the camp I detonated the buggy. The inferno it caused took out the rest of the soldiers in the camp and nearly me as well only for a well timed escape and pat down :D So much win in this game.

Can you set two c4s to go off seperately?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Brought the Dulex version of game off steam,where do I find the for the monkey business pack etc?

MagicSean wrote: »

Can you set two c4s to go off seperately?

I can only lay 3 at the moment as I dont have a bigger holster for them crafted yet. They detonate in the order you put them down and need a trigger press for each.

Harps wrote: »
    Does this game have a proper splitscreen story mode on xbox/ps3? Can you explore the whole island free roaming etc?

As far as I can tell from articles it does but finding it hard to get any real info on it

No, it's a single player game with multiplayer and 6 online / split screen co-op scenarios which is a shame after coming from borderlands 2 this game could have really lent itself to 2-4 player co-op for the main story

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

You can go anywhere you want anytime you want... watch the red areas though... and tigers.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,295 ✭✭✭✭Duggy747

DarkJager wrote: »

I constantly feel like Rambo from the first movie where he emerges out of nowhere in the woods covered in mud and leaves.

Hide in the grass, chuck a rock close to you, guy comes investigate and you launch out of the grass planting the knife in his neck and drag his body back into the grass, nobody is none the wiser :D

I thought I'd get bored of the outposts or find them repetitive. Quite the opposite as they get more fun and challenging as you go on. It really goes tits up when the reinforcements are called in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Harps

calex71 wrote: »
    No, it's a single player game with multiplayer and 6 online / split screen co-op scenarios which is a shame after coming from borderlands 2 this game could have really lent itself to 2-4 player co-op for the main story

Shame, there really is nearly a complete lack of good splitscreen games on these consoles. I know it's built as a single player game but a good free roam coop game is something thats sorely missing in the past few years.
    You can go anywhere you want anytime you want... watch the red areas though... and tigers.

Thanks, meant during splitscreen though which I assume isn't an option?

Liking what I'm hearing about the game anyway, seems to be a Just Cause & Red Dead mix with a lot of the better elements from the original Far Cry, definitely going to pick it up

Liking what I'm hearing about the game anyway, seems to be a Just Cause & Red Dead mix with a lot of the better elements from the original Far Cry, definitely going to pick it up

Can't recommend it enough, it's definitely game of the year in my book.

Probably the best gaming characters iv seen for some time

Ya man
    Buck
    was very good I thought

• Advertisement

I do find it very strange that my framerate drops below 50 sometimes and makes the game stutter

This shouldnt be with a setup with 2x 670s, i5 2500k and 8gb ram. Now you may say "why not lower the settings" but I shouldnt have to with my setup, far from it tbh
    (1920x1080 Resolution)

The FPS can be all over the place with this game I find

T4N7Zl.jpg

jxlXQl.jpg

Anything in there that stands out? It couldnt be bottlenecking, could it? Maybe putting the game on the SSD would help but I dont have the space tbh

Took out a post silently with the bow. Allies arrive. Pirate jeep drives by and battle starts. Someone shoots the tiger cage. Many die.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭lisatiffany

Been playing it now since Friday morning and I've half the island discovered, all my carrying bags and holsters upgraded, half the islands bases taken and antennas found ..but that's it, most games if you put in that much time you are almost finished. I've not even done any story missions, btw best way to stop a tiger? ..throw a grenade ..of course they have to be kind of stationary but I bagged about 10 in a row that way then for everything else its the bow, :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭Nodferatu

Yeah for the first time ever in a video game im concentrating more on collectables and side missions rather than playing through the main story. And actually not getting bored of it. Taking outposts is fun. Finding another rune or memory card is satisfying too. Its just so massive. So much to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭desaparecidos

As I've gotten older I found more and more I was instantly getting bored of any game I bothered to try. But this one is actually fun and rewarding.

The UI and inventory look like they were developed by the intern, but apart from that it's great fun. Slightly more realistic guns / ballistics would make it outstanding.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

. Slightly more realistic guns / ballistics would make it outstanding.

At least the guns are modeled properly this time round. In FC2 they were all backward mirror images with the ejection port on the wrong side of each weapon with spent cases flying across the screen right to left when they should have been ejecting out of sight to the right.

I remember watching a trailer of FC2 before it came out. It showed the player using the 50 cal sniper rifle and putting 1 shot into the engine block of a moving jeep to disable it at long range. I was like yes, this is going to be great. Then along came the game and it was crap, you couldn't do anything of the sort. Every weapon was like a bb gun. They were surviving head shots from a G3 battle rifle ffs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭LostCorkGuy

Just had an epic moment there , was climbing a tower on the 2nd island , there was a road underneath and when i was half way up i saw a jeep drive by took a quick shot with out even scoping with the MS16 with a silence , Head shot , jeep veers off the cliff starts tumbling down and explodes , me standing on the tower going OMFG hahahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Was class earlier, trying to take over an outpost, saw a leopard and started shooting at it near the entrance.. the leopard fled into the outpost and angrily took out five of the guards for me before dying, left me with two guys to stab and a stealthy achievement!

By far the best part of the game is the randomness. Saw an explosion ahead of me. Ran up to it expecting a fight. Saw two dead pirates, a destroyed jeep and a dead buffalo. There was also a pig fleeing the scene.

I have a serious issue with the badly ported controls. And the save system is pretty ****. Otherwise It's pretty epic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭Krieg

Got it this morning but cant play it comfortably due to low framerate.

I have a core i7 930 (2.8ghz), 6GB ram and 2x 5870's, I dont understand how im getting 20fps even on low settings, granted the cpu could be better but I would expect to be able to pull off medium settings with few issues.

Edit: hmm fixed it by disabling one of gfx cards, guess ill have to wait for driver update

Advertisement