Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Sadly, no. I was working until 9 tonight and am back in in the morning. When's the next one?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭Cianan2

Sadly, no. I was working until 9 tonight and am back in in the morning. When's the next one?

Another phenomenal show from OTT yet again!!

They announced the next one for 28th May with Zack sabre Jr and Bull Dempsey to be on the card, unfortunately I won't be able to make it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Completely forget about the show last night and had made others plans. I can imagine Osprey stole the show again? I'm still lifting my jaw off the floor from his last visit.

Some chunk of names coming next month. I'll certainly be heading. Not that interested in BD but Zach and Scrull are guys I really want to see.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

Tommy End announced too. Gonna be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Ok thats it Im going to OTT. Boardsies meet up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭duuuaaaane

13095748_1027850267280500_7415045520213290039_n.jpg?oh=36b850460f0bfb1293881cdaff882278&oe=57A6DAC8&__gda__=1471711373_b8b8c94b57161c3f086cecb190bfb2df

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Latte1

OTT is always a great show.

One thing that staggers me is the difference between Irish and the British wrestlers. I'm not talking about talent.. I'm talking about how they look.
    All the British wrestlers OTT bring in look the part and look like they have ambition to go places. The Irish talent just don't look like they go to the gym and it shows.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Ah to be fair the UK imports are coming from a booming indie scene across the pond, of which they are the cream of the crop.

I'm picking it out of my ar*e but I'd be quite sure most of them are full-time pros.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Be fun to watch Tommy End, Scurll and Sabre.

The Tivoli wasn't as full last night as I've seen it before but there was still a good crowd. I wonder if the loss of Lads from de Flats is having an effect on interest levels.

Martina the Session Moth has a new t-shirt for sale:

[IMG][/img]https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xft1/v/t1.0-9/fr/cp0/e15/q65/13082592_1026880304044163_1927451894177457553_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9&oh=fa577e52a6751ae1eea6fb64cf9bf77e&oe=57A46585&__gda__=1470559476_4baf174c3f21dd9bb4e0aeb4326798dd

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Latte1 wrote: »
    OTT is always a great show.

One thing that staggers me is the difference between Irish and the British wrestlers. I'm not talking about talent.. I'm talking about how they look.
    All the British wrestlers OTT bring in look the part and look like they have ambition to go places. The Irish talent just don't look like they go to the gym and it shows.

Well first of all , all the guys that they choose to bring over would be top tier talent, they wouldnt bring over just any body. Im sure the brittish scene is scattered with guys that dont have the look

Secondly in regards to look Devlin, Ward and kings of the North are all fairly jacked.

• Advertisement

Cianan2 wrote: »

They announced the next one for 28th May with Zack sabre Jr and Bull Dempsey to be on the card, unfortunately I won't be able to make it :(
    I'm definitely going to try and motivate my girlfriend to stand in for a photograph with Dull Dempsey if he does a meet and greet. As I said here before, he's the wrestler that makes her look at me and just shake her head always.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Re: the "wrestler look". Some of them muscles look a bit- shall we say diplomatically - perhaps a bit 'artificially enhanced' with "supplements" and the like. The work from the Irish wrestlers is always solid and in anyways, the bodybuilder physique is very passè and a tad unhealthy. The suntan on wrestlers from countries where there's shag all sun looks a tad silly in person and besides, there were plenty of big time wrestlers who didn't look athletic. I mean, Will Ospreay looks like a school teacher but he's generating buzz and having great matches.

Terry Funk always said something to the effect "I might not be able to make you believe in pro wrestling but I will make yoj believe in me".

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Celtic Championship Wrestling Revolution IV Live this Sunday May 1st at The Glen Rovers Hurling Club, Cork City. Great night of Pro Wrestling action for young and old featuring former TNA Star Doug Williams. Full Bar Service for over 18's. Child's Ticket 10 Euro, Adults 12 Euro. Tickets available at Eventbrite.ie or Ticketmaster.ie. Purchase online and receive a FREE MEET & GREET. Check out the CCW Revolution IV Event Page for more.

https://www.facebook.com/events/1462725037176419/

Rev_4_Online_Image.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

Cianan2 wrote: »

The show last Saturday was great, and the main event was unreal, I've never seen anything like it.

I brought 2 of my friends with me. There both wrestling fans but first time OTT attendees. They were simply blown away by the show.

The next show looks great, can't wait for The Nasties vs The KOTN

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭jeffk

Just seen OTT event on Facebook, then seen its same time as champions league final.

The same problem with irish wrestling for years, they either don't check or are unlucky with clashing with sporting events

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

They seem to have the last Saturday of every month booked in the Tivoli so you can't really fault that. There's plenty of other things on that Saturday night as well that aren't changing dates because of a single match. I know I have zero interest in the Champions League final and even if I did it would be hard to pass up seeing Marty Scurrl and ZSJ in person over just watching a match on TV.

Problem is its not a kids show, so they are trying to target the same audience who will be sat in a pub watching the match(Also the championship playoff final that day, so a day in a pub)

Thought Sunday, early enough bell time, get more of a crowd in.

You're still overestmating how many people are interested in football. Just because you and all your mates would prefer to watch the match that night doesn't mean everyone else is.

Hopefully im proven wrong and they draw a good enough crowd to be able to bring the same level of UK wrestlers over for another show

• Registered Users Posts: 9,698 ✭✭✭hynesie08

jeffk wrote: »
    Problem is its not a kids show, so they are trying to target the same audience who will be sat in a pub watching the match(Also the championship playoff final that day, so a day in a pub)

Thought Sunday, early enough bell time, get more of a crowd in.

They've sold out their allocation of seats in 24 hours and have put a cap on numbers to avoid overcrowding. They couldn't "get more of a crowd" without removing the roof of the Tivoli.

• Advertisement

hynesie08 wrote: »
    They've sold out their allocation of seats in 24 hours and have put a cap on numbers to avoid overcrowding. They couldn't "get more of a crowd" without removing the roof of the Tivoli.
    Thats good then :cool:

Why would an over 18s wrestling show have an "early enough bell time" on a Sunday afternoon/evening? Its promoted as a night out. I believe they even have after parties etc. Champs League, All Ireland Final, Darts match, Frisbee World Championship and many more things arent gonna make OTT change their dates. You prefer sitting in a pub watching football, good on ya. Im sure others will prefer sitting in the Tivo watching OTT and occasionally checking the score, good on them.

LeeJM wrote: »
    Why would an over 18s wrestling show have an "early enough bell time" on a Sunday afternoon/evening? Its promoted as a night out. I believe they even have after parties etc. Champs League, All Ireland Final, Darts match, Frisbee World Championship and many more things arent gonna make OTT change their dates. You prefer sitting in a pub watching football, good on ya. Im sure others will prefer sitting in the Tivo watching OTT and occasionally checking the score, good on them.

Good to see Irish wrestling is a clicky as ever :D

Ive been to enough Irish wrestling shows , so no need to jump on the high horse. Im just passing comment as it was a common problem through the years an I was surprised its still happening.

Oh and I dont go to pubs to watch football, usually i use my season ticket or watch in my sitting room, as in not a bar stooler

jeffk wrote: »
    Good to see Irish wrestling is a clicky as ever :D

Ive been to enough Irish wrestling shows , so no need to jump on the high horse. Im just passing comment as it was a common problem through the years an I was surprised its still happening.

Oh and I dont go to pubs to watch football, usually i use my season ticket or watch in my sitting room, as in not a bar stooler

Dont see how its clicky as I have never been to OTT. Last Irish show I went to was an IWW with Chris Daniels and Colt Cabana on it but yea you just jump on the defensive when I question your opinion :D

Common problem? Got any examples of this?

And f*ck me a self righteous LoI fan, what a shock! And you are the one that brought up football fans being in the pub that day as its a Playoff Final and CL Final day and therefore having issues attending the OTT show.

"clicky". Lol.

LeeJM wrote: »
    Dont see how its clicky as I have never been to OTT. Last Irish show I went to was an IWW with Chris Daniels and Colt Cabana on it but yea you just jump on the defensive when I question your opinion :D

Common problem? Got any examples of this?

And f*ck me a self righteous LoI fan, what a shock! And you are the one that brought up football fans being in the pub that day as its a Playoff Final and CL Final day and therefore having issues attending the OTT show.

The minute I replied, three people jumped in and immediately shot me down. Ah so you’re the typical big time Charlie fan, won’t go to see shows unless an outside name/s is on it, no wonder Irish wrestling died off for so many years

Do you want me to go over every Irish wrestling show and check what sporting events where on? At least twice I said it to two people in IWW about it clashing with sporting events.

Ah sweeping statement on the LOI, what’s new there, you forgot to say its crap.

Yes, because its facts, what’s them going to a pub got to do with me? I tried to explain that an over 18 show and big match are aiming for the same audience, but you can’t grasp that

"clicky". Lol.

Two of yous liking each others post, oh look he said something funny, quick hit thank!! :cool::cool::cool::cool:

I haven't liked anyones posts, just laughing at the typo.

I said I'd come on here and throw a few "likes" around. Keep the independent scene alive like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,466 ✭✭✭Snakeblood

https://vimeo.com/ondemand/btob/164235225

The last show is up. ****ing awesome. Better than I remember actually and I remember it being good.

OTT always sells out, and local Irish wrestlers are always a big part, and just like every other territory wrestling promotion in the world, they get in people from outside because that sells tickets.

That was one of the great advantages of the NWA, to be able to bring in wrestlers from other territories once they got stale in their own, to have fresh wrestlers to fight the local ones.

Bringing wrestlers in that people have heard of is just common sense.

Advertisement