Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Mystery??

Is James Arnold still reffing on the irish scene?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Bought my tickets for OTT yesterday. Am hyped for this now. Also hope my mate enjoys it so I have someone to regularly attend future shows with.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

Zack Sabre Jr pulled out of the next OTT show due to injury

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Hb6g6 wrote: »
    Zack Sabre Jr pulled out of the next OTT show due to injury

Ah balls. Was looking forward to seeing him.

Its a nasty injury he has. Joe Coffey has been named as his replacement. Never seen him before but some prominent Twitter folk seem delighted with him so Im guessing hes a suitable replacement. Hopefully ZSJ will be back for a future OTT show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,808 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Gutted I won't be able to make this. Will surely be one of the best shows yet. Scrull is the absolute business.

Be interest to see if any of the recently released WWE names will be cropping up in OTT over the summer. I'd be quite confident of Sandow, A-Ry, Hornswoggle or even Rhodes being picked up for a show.

Barrett is done with wrestling for a while if I'm correct but surely wouldn't be to unbelievable for him to do a few UK/IRE shows this year. It is his old stomping ground.

Well looking at the the dates for OTT shows Id imagine Colt Cabana and El Ligero will be at the June show in the Tivo cos they are in Limerick the night before. Shouldnt forget that Mick Foley and Kurt Angle will be in Scotland just 7 days before the OTT show in November, it would be a long LONG shot but OTT are full of surprises. Sandow is the one Id say is most likely to appear at some stage.

Completely forgot about Cabana. Copped that myself when they announced him in Limerick on their Twitter. Be gas if he was placed with the Gymnastys.

Never seen El Ligero but is no doubt a total show stealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭SarahVOW

I'm going to be reviewing OTT for international pro wrestling site Voices Of Wrestling from this Saturdays show onward.

I've put up an introduction to the company which may interest some who aren't already familiar with the OTT or have just started going to shows.

- Cant post link as I'm a new user, if someone could post the link or allow me to that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Hb6g6

SarahVOW wrote: »
    I'm going to be reviewing OTT for international pro wrestling site Voices Of Wrestling from this Saturdays show onward.

I've put up an introduction to the company which may interest some who aren't already familiar with the OTT or have just started going to shows.

- Cant post link as I'm a new user, if someone could post the link or allow me to that would be great.

http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2016/05/26/top-wrestling-story-far/

Great Article :-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,140 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

Think I will head along on my lonely to the OTT show tonight.
    My first one, is it ok to take a chance and get a ticket on the doors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

Think I will head along on my lonely to the OTT show tonight.
    My first one, is it ok to take a chance and get a ticket on the doors?

Yeah you'll be grand I'd say, I haven't seen anyone turned away in the year I've been going. There'll be a big queue and you'll be standing unless you start queuing now and get one of the 6 bar stools there!

Ageyev wrote: »
    Yeah you'll be grand I'd say, I haven't seen anyone turned away in the year I've been going. There'll be a big queue and you'll be standing unless you start queuing now and get one of the 6 bar stools there!

Cheers. Will happily stand. Looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

So who was there to see Ryan Smile vs Marty Scurll? I thought it was pretty great. If only I cared more about the North vs South divide in Ireland. Still booed the nordies out of it and got a bit more excited than I expected for the Colt Cabana announcement for the next show.

Great night. Can't wait for next month's.

Great night. Can't wait for next month's.

Dya have a run down of results? How'd they introduce Cabana coming?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 G Spark

ShagNastii wrote: »
    Dya have a run down of results? How'd they introduce Cabana coming?

Quick Results:

1. Danny 'The Beast' Butler def. Dunkan Disorderly by DQ when Dunkan used a cricket bat. After the match Dunkan cut off a chunk of Butler's beard.

2. 'The Ultrastar' Angel Cruz & The Fabulous Nicky def. The Ballymun Bruiser & 'Skinhead' Terry Thatcher. Can't remember the finish I'm afraid.

3. 'The Villain' Marty Scurll def. Ryan Smile via Ref Stoppage when Smile passed out in the Crossface Chickenwing. After the match Scurll suggested a rematch which Smile agreed to.

4. The Gymnasties (B-Cool & Sammy D) def. The Kings of The North (Bonesaw & Corvin) to win the OTT Tag Team Titles with a roll up. After the match Workie came out to celebrate with them, then asked could he get the first shot at the belts. Justin Shape reminded Workie his partner was in prison, then Workie revealed he had a new partner; Colt Cabana. The Gymnasties agreed to the match.

5. Logan Bryce def. Bull Dempsey with a Running Lariat.

6. 'Bruserweight' Pete Dunne def. Joe Coffey with a Tombstone Piledriver.

7. Luther Ward def. 'Anti-Hero' Tommy End via submission with the Crippler Crossface to retain the OTT Heavyweight Title.

Scurll vs Smile is the best match I've ever seen live. Unbelievable stuff!

I feel this was one of their strongest, if not the strongest show they've put on. And personally I feel part of the reason it was so good was the lack of a 15min William Humperdink promo and a Paul Tracey match.

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Scurll was very entertaining, looking forward to seeing him again in August

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

With the Faboulous Nicky, do the audience think he's a rapist? is he supposed to be a rapist? there was a lot of chanting and shouting about him blowing and bumming his opponents against their will.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,857 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

cian68 wrote: »
    With the Faboulous Nicky, do the audience think he's a rapist? is he supposed to be a rapist? there was a lot of chanting and shouting about him blowing and bumming his opponents against their will.

I think it's a play on the stereotypical and irrational fears of homophobia. I've only seen Nicky twice but he was the face both times, so seeing the heel get "scared" because of his flamboyance is part of the fun. It's not that he's actually supposed to be threatening in any sinister way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

G Spark wrote: »
    I feel this was one of their strongest, if not the strongest show they've put on. And personally I feel part of the reason it was so good was the lack of a 15min William Humperdink promo and a Paul Tracey match.

Careful now! I gave the exact same criticism of them before (with praise for everything else included) and found myself persona non grata with the company for it.

Last night was the first show I attended. Really enjoyable show. Scrull vs Smile was easily match of the night. Myself and a friend were standing next to B Cools mam so that was fun during the tag title match. Was great to meet some people I know from Twitter too. I have bought a stage seat for next month. Planning on going on my own. But I doubt I'll have trouble finding a conversation on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭noisenotmusic

jeffk wrote: »
    Just seen OTT event on Facebook, then seen its same time as champions league final.

The same problem with irish wrestling for years, they either don't check or are unlucky with clashing with sporting events

They referenced this when opening the show last night, had a laugh when they mentioned the size of the crowd given the CL Final was on.

Thought it was a seriously good show, best top to bottom one they've done yet. Some months have incredible matches but the openers can be rough. I did think they cut the Gymnasties celebrations a little short and the ending of the Bryce/Dempsey match came out of nowhere but they're minor complaints.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭jeffk

They referenced this when opening the show last night, had a laugh when they mentioned the size of the crowd given the CL Final was on.

Thought it was a seriously good show, best top to bottom one they've done yet. Some months have incredible matches but the openers can be rough. I did think they cut the Gymnasties celebrations a little short and the ending of the Bryce/Dempsey match came out of nowhere but they're minor complaints.

Think I made the wrong choice as the final was crap and show sounded overall good :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,861 ✭✭✭✭CSF

To be fair I have no idea who any of the people involved are but for someone to make an account just to post that, you have to be on someone's radar.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Can't wait for the Dolans show it the last one was fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Posts deleted from new users who seemingly signed up just to have a go at another member.

What did I just say?

Note to boards: you're not allowed say anything even slightly negative about OTT. You've been put on notice.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,833 ✭✭✭jeffk

leggo wrote: »
    What did I just say?

Note to boards: you're not allowed say anything even slightly negative about OTT. You've been put on notice.

Admit it Leggo, its all a work and you and some of the IWW lads are doing an invasion :cool:

• Advertisement

They couldn't afford me, I don't work for pizza.

Ah no, I'm messing. I'd like to have a working relationship with them. It'd be good for fans, when we did we talked about doing joint-offers for their nights and ours etc. But there's lads making decisions there known for burning bridges and falling out with people wherever they go (like wouldn't some kinda ICW tie-in have been better for everyone when they came over? Instead they tried to compete by running against them and forced fans to either drop a bomb on both or pick), so it is what it is. It's bad for fans, bad for their wrestlers who had to lose out on possible ICW bookings and opportunities to do paid bits with us for a bigger audience, but as long as nobody says anything and their lads slate anyone on here and Twitter who does to try get points and bookings with the bosses who support this (when they're not sending abusive emails themselves), then at least it's good for Joe and that's all that matters. ðŸ‘

Advertisement