Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

No Limit Wrestling is back in the Moat Theatre, Naas on Sunday January 27th 2013 with NEW YEAR BASH, featuring former WWE Tag Champ SCOTTY 2 HOTTY.

As always with this venue, seating is numbered, and tickets are pre-sold. Make sure you book your tickets today by going to www.moattheatre.com or by calling the Moat Box Office on (045) 88 30 30. Tickets are €12 each.

Make sure to experience an NLW show in this venue if you haven't before. It's an intimate setting and seating is theatre style so even if you're further back your view will not be obstructed.

SCOTTY 2 HOTTY will be in action on the show, and will also be on hand afterwards for a Meet & Greet.

Below is a great video package with highlights from our 5th Anniversary show, which also featured Scotty 2 Hotty, giving a taste of what to expect from an No Limit Wrestling show!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vptNfZCHbI

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TandL

Some shows for 2013 that will feature Thunder and Lightning:

Main Stage Wrestling presents:

January - St marks GAA club, Tallaght D.24 with SCOTTY TOO HOTTY!

February - Clanna gael fontenoy, Ringsend D.4

March - Extreme wrestling at the Submarine bar, Crumlin D.12 (over 18s)

April - St Veronas GC, Blanchardstown D.15

May - Extreme wrestling at FIBBER MAGEES BAR, Parnell street, Dublin city centre. (over 18s)

June - Greenhills community center concert hall, D.12

July, Good council gaa club, Davitt road Drmnagh/ D.12

There will be a lot more shows to be announced. Have a happy new year.

Scotty 2 Hotty will return to Ireland from January 25th - 27th, appearing on shows for Fight Factory Pro Wrestling, Main Stage Wrestling and No Limit Wrestling.

Scotty will be a part of No Limit Wrestling's 'New Year Bash' on Sunday, January 27th at the Moat Theatre in Naas, Co. Kildare. Tickets for the show are on sale now by calling the Moat Box Office on (045) 883030 or logging onto www.moattheatre.com. Half of the tickets have already sold, so book now.

Today, on our Facebook page, we posted a video of Dunkan Disorderly challenging Scotty for this show. Visit our page and like it for up to the minute news and info.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/No-Limit-Wrestling/167386333293295?bookmark_t=page

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

How much does it cost to bring a talent such as Scotty 2 Hotty over to Ireland?

I actually thought he had returned to WWE as a road agent or trainer, I guess that NXT match he had with Slater was a one-off then.

@ Charisteas. Scotty is not affiliated with WWE at this time. Come see him along with Ireland's best talent on January 27th.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 holein1

im 13 now and really into wrestling for a good 6 years can anyone help with any wrestling schools?
    thanks for the help much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

facebook is a good place to start try looking up fight factory, no limit wrestling ad main stage wrestling, i think they all offer schools, not sure of any age requirements for them.

but they will be able to help you out ad answer any questions you have.

also if you are based in northern ireland try pro wrestling ulster

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

FFPW has an open day this Sunday in Bray designed specifically for new trainees. It's completely free if you wanted to try out, it's the best opportunity for aspiring pro wrestlers in Ireland

No Limit Wrestling's New Year Bash results: (27/01/13, Naas, Co. Kildare)

- Jordan Devlin & Shawn Maxer defeated Bonesaw & Robbie Morrissey to retain the International Tag Team Titles.

- Sammy D won a Gauntlet match to retain his Irish Jnr. Heavyweight Title outlasting Red Devil, Manik Mak, Johnny Notaro & Anthony Idol.

- Rough Stuff (Bull Reilly & 'Pretty' Paul with Katey) defeated Team Mega (Justin Shape & Danny Butler with Dawn) to become new Irish Tag Team Champions. Justin Shape was visibly upset with his team mate after the match.

- Danny Butler challenged 'Lord of the Manor' Sir Paul Tracey to an NLW Title match which Tracey accepted. Butler managed to score the pinfall on his opponent and become the NEW No Limit Wrestling World Champion.

- Omen defeated Paddy Morrow.

- Philly The Kid defeated B-Cool.

- Scotty 2 Hotty defeated "Delicious" Dunkan Disorderly.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Footage of Scotty 2 Hotty (at the 2001 rumble) last night at Captains got a massive pop - I've no doubt it was thanks to the NLW crowd!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭mrstpatsfc

We have a dedicated wrestling section over at Irish News Review. We're always keen to support the Irish wrestling scene as a lot of people are often ignorant towards it but not us.

We're currently revamping our section and have secured Bingo Ballance as a columnist. You can read his first column here.

http://irishnewsreview.net/2013/02/23/the-ballance-sheet-1-the-truth-about-wrestling/

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DrCadwell

I did a report (kayfabe style) of last night's IWW show from Galway. Just a bit of fun, if yous like it I'll try and do more

http://irishnewsreview.net/2013/03/03/galway-card-sees-hometown-favourite-steal-iww-show/

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ethan Swagger

Both of the above articles are simply outstanding pieces of journalism. Well done Gary and DrCadwell! Tremendous ambassadors for the sport.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DrCadwell

Great! Thanks Ethan! Gonna try and do a few more (non-kayfabe) pieces about PWG And Colt's Art of Wrestling, but I'll gladly report on any show Irish show I can get to. The scene is alive it just needs to be seen!

Hi Guys,

We are very busy atm at www.irishnewsreview.net covering the Irish Wrestling scene.

Today we have published columns from

Bingo Ballance
    Danny The Pain Deans

And a preview for Celtic Championship Wrestling's upcoming event.

If you would like to get involved and help us help the Irish wrestling scene please get in touch.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Hi guys, Ive seen a poster up around kk for a show in march, Dunkan Disorderly and Danny the pain Deans, What promotion or any other info on this? Was in a shop at the time and didnt want to be double taking the picture of half naked guys on the wall! Said it to the missus to and she will reluctantly go also, any info would be appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Just seen on FB Omen and Rachelle from NLW just signed a dev deal with wwe awesome schtuff all together.....congrats!

Pretty Sure it's Emerald Wrestling Promotions.

Had a brief chat with Joe Cabray following the big news of his WWE Deal

http://irishnewsreview.net/2013/03/08/irish-star-delighted-with-wwe-deal/

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

IwW in Clare (whose she) Results

Skaterboi Jeebus defended his ZG Championship against Stevie Cambo

Captain Rooney overcame The Galway Grappler

Green Demon defeated TJ Meehan

Captain Rooney, Green Demon & Skaterboi Jeebus beat TJ Meehan, The Galway Grappler & Steve Cambo

www.irishwhipwrestling.com
    www.facebook.com/irishwhipwrestling
    www.youtube.com/irishwhipwrestling

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Brilliant,been a while since an over 18s night

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Les Ferdinand

It's a pity this isn't in a Saturday night show.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

IwW was on the Ryan Tubridy Breakfast Show on 2FM this morning around 9.20am there should be a link available shortly

www.irishwhipwrestling.com
    www.facebook.com/irishwhipwrestling
    www.youtube.com/irishwhipwrestling

If you missed Captain Rooney on the Ryan Tubirdy show with Simon Delaney you can listen to the link around 25 mins in to the show http://www.rte.ie/radio/utils/radioplayer/rteradioweb.html#!rii=1%3A10126859%3A4678%3A05%2D04%2D2013%3A

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ftw_rep

Full Throttle Wrestling will have it's first show on April 28th in Andrews Lane Theatre!

The show will feature not only the top wrestlers in the country but also Live Music, top DJ's and other performers. Also because we're in a proper nightclub we can offer fantastic drinks promos and lighting and sound that you don't come to expect from the scene. FTW is going to be something quite different from whats become the norm in Irish Wrestling and I hope we'll see some of you there.

Also while it's a Sunday show, the club will stay open after the show for the night to continue with a chance to have a drink and a laugh with the roster after however we will endeavor to ensure that the actual show is over in time for those who may want to get a last bus/luas/train home.

Keep up with latest announcements here - https://www.facebook.com/events/107679586095123

564537_179762335508078_608816903_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

I would love to check this show out though its kinda hard going to something like this on a Sunday when I am in work the next morning!
    I will try my best.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

A great month of Wrestling in Ireland has just got alot better...

Fight Factory Pro Wrestling makes its long overdue return to DUBLIN, when we invade the Ayrfield Sports & Community club, Blunden Drive, Dublin. 13

All the best wrestlers Ireland & the UK have to offer will be wrestling in a one-night only showcase. This show will also feature the long awaited return of Japan's Pro Wrestling NOAH star - ZACK SABRE JNR.

Plus Phily The Kid will defend the NWA UK Hammerlock title and B. Cool makes his first FFPW title defense since winning the Irish Junior Heavyweight Championship in rematch versus former champion Sammy D - Have look at what Sammy has to say about his upcoming rematch in Ayrfield

Also on the card:

NLW Champion - Danny Butler, Capt Deadbones, Justin Shape, Danger Dawn, Rough Stuff, Katey Harvey, Manic Mac, Bobby Calloway, 'Dangerous' Dave Forde and many many more..

It all happens May 12th in Ayrfield, Doors 6:45pm - Showtime 7pm. Tickets only €8 each (Special group rate of 5 for €30). Full bar service available on the night, Raffle prizes to be won also. Check back soon for more information about matches or for more infomation contact us at info@fightfactoryprowrestling.com

Event Page for more info:
    https://www.facebook.com/FFPWIreland?ref=hl#!/events/513471032044870/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

CCW returns to where it all began to crown the first heavyweight champ. 8 men will walk in, but who will walk out CCW champion???

Doors open at 18:00, bell time 18:30.
    Tickets are only €12 adult and €10 child and are available at Bishopstown Gaa Club 0857204617 (Bernard).
    You can also reserve tickets by emailing ccwrestlinginfo@gmail.com

Matches announced:

Bonesaw V The Executioner

Fabulous Nicky M V Bingo Ballance

Dunkan Disorderly V Irish Dragon

The Lone Wolf Lycan V Vic Viper

4 Man Elimination match to crown the first ever CCW Heavyweight Champion.

Plus womens action Kazza G V Katey Harvey

Bring your signs as the show will be taped for video

ADVANCE PURCHASE IS RECOMMENDED
    There will be a full bar service available on the night!

Like our Facebook page for more information :
    http://www.facebook.com/celticchampwrestling/

Here is a look at one of our past shows Hostile Halloween :

ccw_champion.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Productionhead

I was in attendance of the recent MSW a couple of weeks ago this is my 4th or 5th MSW Show- I enjoyed the show but I think its about time they undated the ring its in tatters. Plus its such a big part of the show but the sound and music needs to be sorted out they need Speakers or at least two on either side of the ring- They also need to stop interrupting the ring announcer with music. The show in general just needs tightening up. Plus I think if a few of the promotions got together and shared talent and resources they could have a great show and even possibly get a TV spot. This is where Irish Wrestling needs to go- There is enough talent in the country to do this and there is a Market there for it check out the near full O2 the other night- TV slots could help rescue this industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ftw_rep

FULL THROTTLE WRESTLING DEBUT SHOW

FTW's debut show will take place tomorrow in Andrew's Lane Theatre, slap bang in the middle of Dublin's city centre! Come along and witness a brand new experience in Irish Wrestling and entertainment!

For full details see - https://www.facebook.com/events/107679586095123/

Card so far...

Danny Butler vs Justin Shape - Hardcore Match - NO Limits Title

Big Hangovers vs Robbie Morrisey & Paddy Morrow -NWA International Lightweight Tag-Team

Also appearing...
    ★ Irish Dragon ★ Kazza G ★ Sir Paul Tracey ★
    ★ Dunkan Disorderly ★ Katey Harvey ★ Phil Boyd ★

In addition to top Wrestling action the show will also feature a live performance from Eazy Tyger - one of the cities finest Rock bands. As well as performances from the smoking hot FTW ring girls and DJ Road Dogg before and after the show until late.

★ DRINKS PROMOS ★
    €3 Btl Sol - €3 Btl Bavaria - €3 Pnt Tennants,
    €3 Sidekick Shots - €6 Double JD & Coke
    €10 Btl Buckfast - €10 Jagerbomb x 3
    Special €2 "Power Bomb" shots!

Tickets are priced at just €10 and will be available from Wrestling Mania, Stephens Green Shopping Centre and on the Door on the night.

Doors 8pm - First Match - 9pm - DJ 'til late - Over 18's Only

FTW Facebook Page - https://www.facebook.com/ftwwrestlingireland

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

I was in attendance of the recent MSW a couple of weeks ago this is my 4th or 5th MSW Show- I enjoyed the show but I think its about time they undated the ring its in tatters. Plus its such a big part of the show but the sound and music needs to be sorted out they need Speakers or at least two on either side of the ring- They also need to stop interrupting the ring announcer with music. The show in general just needs tightening up. Plus I think if a few of the promotions got together and shared talent and resources they could have a great show and even possibly get a TV spot. This is where Irish Wrestling needs to go- There is enough talent in the country to do this and there is a Market there for it check out the near full O2 the other night- TV slots could help rescue this industry.

I seriously doubt that, no Irish channe would pick up an indie promotion.

As for the o2, well yeah of course it was full, its WWE, they filled the RDS a few years back too. Just because they can do it, doesnt mean the Irish promotions can.
    This isnt a shot at any of them as I have been to pretty much every promotion bar CCW and PWU. I just dont think its possible for them, even if they all worked together, to even half fill the o2

Advertisement