Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

Nah, it's not in its current state, and that's not anybody's fault either as they're just hard-working guys putting out the best possible product with what they've got.

There's a market for wrestling there, though. If someone had a lot of money to bring production up-to-scratch, and a bit of outside-the-box thinking, it's doable. But that last sentence is very easy to write and very difficult to achieve.

IwW a few years ago were the closest model to getting there, but even then it was miles off being a reality (again, nobody's fault).

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Should be interesting to see what sort of production tonight's show will have, I'd imagine being a proper venue that andrews lane should have some pretty decent lights,sound system.

unfortunately I find the all ages shows really awkward a lot of the time. the way the room is always so bright and everyone can see u, I like to hide!, im a freak like that :) too many kids aswell.

I know obviously the kids are where they money's at but do you think there is a market in Ireland for a regular over 18s show?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

I definitely think there is, anyway. The research I've put in for my events suggests as much: there's a HUGE amount of over-18's out there who like WWE and, by extension, wrestling as a whole.

The thing I think Irish promotions need to really get is that they need to put on a good night altogether, not just a good show (and I think FTW will with the team behind it; unfortunately I couldn't go tonight as I was working). People need to leave thinking, "Wow, I wanna go back and do that all over again!" rather than "Fair play to the lads, they wrestled their arses off." On top of the show, the presentation needs to be right, as does location, value for money, how comfortable people are and how well their needs are catered for.

Only when all of the above are taken into account do people consider how entertained they are. Promotions also need to stimulate fans with creative and edgy booking of the show, to keep people coming back. I'm not saying they need to run big, complex storylines or anything; but people like wrestling for interesting characters, money matches that are well built and, of course, the athleticism and showmanship. So it needs to be well organised, well performed, but also have a bit of creative flair to stimulate fans.

If all of these are handled well, it's very doable. Like I said, I think FTW could easily crack that nut, and the fact they're also thinking about DJs, drink promos etc show they get the big picture element of it. I hope they get the turnout and good feedback to match their potential. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ftw_rep

Huge huge thanks you to all of you who made it to the FTW Debut show tonight! You guys were awesome! To anyone who didn't boy did you miss out but not to worry there'll be photos and videos in the coming days and the announcement of our second show in the next few days too!!

QUICK RESULTS
    - Big Hangovers defeated Paddy Morrow & Robbie Morrisey
    - Irish Dragon defeated Sammy D
    - Paul Tracey defeated Dunkan Disorderly
    - Eazy Tyger performed Live
    - "Fancy" Phil Biggelow, Kazza G and Chantelle Mantell (with Big Pimp Daddy JC) defeated Katlyn Harvey, Kevin McDermot and Carlton O'Reilly (with Father Soul)
    - Danny Butler defeated Justin Style in a hardcore match

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ethan Swagger

Thrilled to hear it was such a roaring success guys! Fair play - ye knew there was a niche in the market. Defo gonna make the next one. Consider bringing it out of Dublin too yeah. U might be surprised how many would attend down in the Forum for example or in Cork somewhere

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,824 ✭✭✭ShagNastii

Great to hear about the successful show. Moving back to Dublin this week so will get back in the habit of seeing shows (especially the over 18's). Onwards and upwards for FTW.

Here's a promo for the FTW debut show last night for those who missed it! Don't miss the next one!!

Major Thanks to Shaun Ryan and his crew!

http://vimeo.com/65063762

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

very impressive set-up. it looks very professional and with some great wrestlers on the card

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

That highlight video is unreal. Will you be releasing DVDs of the shows? I might have to travel up for the next one, looks great.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Wow, just wow, what a great show, well done to everyone involved. I had a blast, it was just awesome!
    Really enjoyed Big Hangovers Vs Paddy Morrow & Robbie Morrisey and Danny Butler Vs Justin Style, the man of many names.
    I really cant wait for the next show!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,906 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

What was the turn out like?

Attendance was just over 100! Hopefully once everyone sees the photos, videos and what FTW is all about that'll keep growing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭bigron2109

The Video was class, and it looked really professional. Also there looked to be a cracking atmosphere too too. Well done.

Hey folks! Here's some photo's to check out from Sunday's show! While you're give the page a Like to keep up with all the info on the next show! It'll be announced within the week if all goes to plan!

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.600726769945241.1073741828.596095970408321&type=1

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

celtic championship wrestling are holding a wrestling seminar in cork in bishopstown monday anyone from here heading along?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

No Limit Wrestling in Naas this Bank Holiday Monday!

NLW is back in the Moat Theatre in Naas this coming Monday at 3pm for a 'Bank Holiday Beatdown'
    Tickets from the Box Office, €12 - Call (045) 883030 or www.moattheatre.com

SET TO APPEAR:
    - NLW Champion Danny "The Beast" Butler
    - Shawn Maxer
    - "Lord of the Manor" Sir Paul Tracey
    - Justin Shape
    - B-Cool
    - "The Original Scumbag" Robbie Morrissey
    - "Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow
    - Dunkan Disorderly
    - Damien Corvin
    - Johnny Notaro
    - "All Star" Anthony Idol
    - Bonesaw
    - Sammy D
    and many more!

Show will be headlined by a Royal Rumble match, with the winner being granted an NLW Title match at any stage they want in the next 12 months

527163_460945720604020_426566596_a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Productionhead

celtic championship wrestling are holding a wrestling seminar in cork in bishopstown monday anyone from here heading along?

Are you mad people from boards actually attend a local wrestling show they will all say, sorry I couldn't make it i was busy but ill go next time typical.

So Did anybody attend the MSW Show last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭bobby_says_hi

since everyone seems to be advertising, here's a few sneak peaks at some of the talent you can see performing at FFPW's show in Ayrfield this sunday

Sammy D:
    https://vimeo.com/46781457

Philly The Kid:
    https://vimeo.com/46780549

Katey Harvey:
    https://vimeo.com/46783827

"Pretty" Paul Scarfe:
    https://vimeo.com/46896441

"Rough" Bull Reilly:
    https://vimeo.com/48613805

Captain Deadbones Dawkins:
    https://vimeo.com/51365918

"Dangerous" Dave Forde:
    https://vimeo.com/63758975

"The People's Choice" Bobby Calloway:
    https://vimeo.com/63616626

Lucy Lasso:
    https://vimeo.com/46834992

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

So Did anybody attend the MSW Show last night?

Yes, great show, I really enjoyed the Kazza G Vs B-Cool match, probably Kazza's best match to date and B-Cool was very funny.
    Main event was good, though maybe a little short, I feel like they just added the No DQ stipulation just so they could have a run in and not end the match in a DQ which is a shame.
    Oh and congrats to the new tag team champs, good tag match

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Are you mad people from boards actually attend a local wrestling show they will all say, sorry I couldn't make it i was busy but ill go next time typical.

Well done, ya.

gimmick wrote: »
    Well done, ya.

you taking the piss or are you actually saying im right lol

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

A quick reminder that Fight Factory Pro Wrestling will be at the Ayrfield Sports & Community centre in Ayrfield/Coolock, Dublin. 13 this Sunday AT 7PM. Tickets are only €8. Full bar service in the venue. Buses 27 & 27a plus a few others all pass the venue.

Oh and we are bringing over Zack Sabre Jr for all you wrestling purest. Currently wrestling all around Europe for WxW, PCW, Rev Pro to name a few and is about to head back to Japan to wrestle for Pro Wrestling NOAH... Sundays show will be awesome.

For anyone who doesn't know Sabre Jr, heres a youtube clip I found. He's wrestling some submission wrestler called Bryan... something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

you taking the piss or are you actually saying im right lol

Whichever you want it to be.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Condolences to the NWA Ireland crew, those among the wider Irish Wrestling scene and his family and friends on the loss of Paul Behan.

So I see that One of those thunder and lighting chaps is having an another baby congrats to him and his missus

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Hey guys, can someone answer this for me : Is NWA Ireland still about? I know NWA UK/Hammerlock is, but is it NLW now? Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

NWA Ireland is not around anymore. The NWA training school in Bray became Fight Factory Pro Wrestling. NLW is separate.

Full Throttle Wrestling's next event has been set for June 16th and will once again take place in Andrews Lane Theatre! More details will follow in the coming days!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

Celtic Championship Wrestling are holding a training seminar this Saturday 18th May at 3pm

Well known professional wrestling figure Blake Norton is proud to announce that he will be doing his first seminar in over 6 years. CCW will be launching its brand-new Cork city training facility, the "Celtic Dungeon," in the near future and it all starts with this seminar. In association with K2C Martial Arts & Fitness Centre who are solidly behind this project, both CCW and Blake himself plan to finally give wrestling enthusiasts from the Cork area the opportunity to follow their dreams and learn the art of WWE-style professional wrestling as seen every week on Sky television.

The trainees will have a great advantage to be trained by someone with such vast experience in the business. In 1999, Blake received his formal wrestling training at the legendary "Hart Dungeon" in Canada, which has produced such championship wrestlers as Bret "Hitman" Hart, The British Bulldog and Chris Jericho.

The seminar is on Saturday 18th May at 3 o clock and will be held at The K2C Martial Arts & Fitness Centre, North Point Business Park, Blackpool, Cork City

Tickets are 10 euro and please reserve your spot by emailing ccwrestlinginfo@gmail.com

If you've always dreamed of being in ''The Wrestling'' business in any aspect ( wrestler, referee, announcer, manager/valet )

NOW IS YOUR CHANCE

Join the facebook event page for more info: https://www.facebook.com/events/131611073699058/

Advertisement