Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Shockin' comments there at the end of the day no doubt about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

dcw4life wrote: »
    they drove my company DCW away. DCW was the best promotion company and all you bastards took it away from me with your silly ****.

How?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

I must have missed DCW becoming successful

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Charisteas wrote: »
    How?

Thunder & Lighting is probably something you would find stocked in an off licence. ;)

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

dcw4life wrote: »
    So they are the Tag Team Champions, and now next month MSW will be 2 years old, how ****ing great how these guys are still in business? they drove my company DCW away. DCW was the best promotion company and all you bastards took it away from me with your silly ****. Maxizoo now supports them thanks Darren all you MSW heads rot away you'll never mount to me or my DCW.

DCW will live one day and kill all other promotions

Regards
    David Long/Power

Worked shoot if you ask me...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

whatever it is its resulted in a ban

dont care what your angle/history is with another poster on boards, your going to be treated like any other member of boards and abuse will not be tolerate

have a nice day lads and keep it civil as I like having a place to talk about local promotions even if im not local these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Thank you, Thank you, thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

Former ROH Champion Eddie Edwards is coming to IwW! This July 8th Eddie will be at the Mill Theatre (in the Dundrum Shopping Centre) in action for IwW! The venue is easily accessible by Bus & Luas. Tickets are onsale now on the Mill Theatre website (www.milltheatre.ie) & also by calling 012969340 & are only €10 or 4 for €35.

166x4bm.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,179 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Surely dcw4life is just someone pretending to be Dave Long right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 776 ✭✭✭sellerbarry

Hi All. Just wondering are there any events on around north Dublin tomorrow or Sunday night.? Thanks in adavance.

• Advertisement

Just over a week away until Eddie Edwards comes to IwW, Check our Facebook page to see an exclusive video for the show

www.facebook.com/irishwhipwrestling

http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=437561619609916&notif_t=video_processed

Hey guys & girls,

Just a brief reminder that Sunday's show with ROH's Eddie Edwards starts at 6pm.

Tickets are still available by calling 012969340 or visiting www.milltheatre.ie

The venue is in the grounds of the Dundrum Shopping Centre just off the M50 & beside the Balally & Dundrum stop on the Green Luas Line

www.facebook.com/irishwhipwrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Motion118

Got the chance to meet Eddie Edwards at the IWW show yesterday. Very nice guy who looked genuinely happy to be there.

He had a pretty good bout against Soultaker (I that's his name anyway) as well, although from what I saw, Mandrake would have been a better opponent for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ethan Swagger

Sirsok wrote: »
    any photos from the weekend? Didnt know ye were in kilkenny till it was to late :(

Hi Shane shame you didnt know about it!

Heres one I found if I can get more Il post them up!

25kr3hs.jpg
    Again I am the same - am more thsn a little pissed off this time actually cos like Shane never knew ye were in Kilkenny til now and could have brought a crowd if I had known! The absolute irony is that I have often travelled as far as the north of Ireland to see pro wrestling but at this rate , with communication being so appallingly bad, I'm thinking of devoting my interest and time exclusively to following MMA which is streets ahead in terms of the way it promotes itself and publishizes events.

Again I am the same - am more thsn a little pissed off this time actually cos like Shane never knew ye were in Kilkenny til now and could have brought a crowd if I had known! The absolute irony is that I have often travelled as far as the north of Ireland to see pro wrestling but at this rate , with communication being so appallingly bad, I'm thinking of devoting my interest and time exclusively to following MMA which is streets ahead in terms of the way it promotes itself and publishizes events.

Hi Ethan, the last time we were in Kilkenny was over a year ago but I see your point.

It is a shame we dont advertise online, it always seems to cause problems; the show with Eddie was the 1rst one we had advertised online in some time & even that had a problem with someone calling the venue saying they should cancel the show; that we would wreck the venue etc.

Its ridiculous that we cant promote online without hassle as there was a good few fans that came to the show this past weekend that seen it online (not to mention its a free way for us to advertise).

If its any help we are doing a charity show at the end of the month in Waterford, I can send you on the details if you like & hopefully see you there.

IwW's returned to Dublin this past weekend with former ROH star Eddie Edwards. Eddie was in the ring with Eamon Darcy when he was interrupted by Soultaker Salem, Salem tried to talk Eddie out of his match with him later in the night as he was that confident of beating the ROH Star, instead Eddie challenged him to an Irish Street Fight! After 20mins of action Eddie was victorious countering a Chokeslam into a Victory Roll for the 1-2-3! Thanks to all the fans who attended & more international stars will be announced in the future :)

Show Results

Skaterboi Jeebus retained his IwW Zero Gravity Championship against Mandrake

Steve Cambo & Tat2 Charlie defeated Walter Alexander & The Galway Grappler

The Supermodel kept his IwW International Championship against TJ Meehan

TJ Meehan won a 9 man Royal Rumble

Eddie Edwards pinned Soultaker Salem in a Irish Street Fight

(Pictures to come)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

What are the details of the Waterford show? I'm from Kilkenny originally but live in Waterford and could've easily made it to Kilkenny. I am baffled as to why I didn't know there was a show.

What are the details of the Waterford show? I'm from Kilkenny originally but live in Waterford and could've easily made it to Kilkenny. I am baffled as to why I didn't know there was a show.

It was part of a festival & they were looking after the advertising (one of the risks doing the show) but it was over a year ago.

I will PM you the details now!

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭weareallmarks

i'm baffled as to why i didnt know there was a show!

how dare you have a show and not tell me about it! how dare you not advertise online so i can ring the venue and say you poo on the seats before every show

how dare you baffle me!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

Hi all, The promoter of irelands newest promotion CCW has asked me to post up this for him.

246405_10150909026838946_1472503797_n.jpg

Your Main Event for the Debut Show
    335906_400597926652444_773123031_o.jpg

Bingo Ballance Vs Insano Vs Irish Dragon Vs Jc Williams

Also

The Executioner will take on Space Cadet

And Bonesaw will Join Thunder and Lightning to take on The smoking Aces and Hardshaw in 6 man tag action.

More matches to be announced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

and from the new to the current! IwW put on a great show on Sunday, well done lads.

541578_10150937811333946_1662101301_n.jpg

and here is the link to the rest of my photos from the night.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150937723528946.419236.602943945&type=3&l=70d7921c71

• Registered Users Posts: 10,977 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

On the 27 bus heading back to Tallaght last night and two lads (one with bleached blond hair and slightly pronounced front teeth and another with short receeding hair) got on the bus and started talking to each other about what their plans would be for the upcoming wrestling shows they'd be working on and their dissapointment that neither of them had ever won a battle royale on any of the shows. It seemed they wanted to start a stable who'd win all the belts and then have the faces take them all back later in the year.

Was interesting to hear their reasoning for their suggestions.

If either of these two guys post here and are upset about my eavesdropping. I'm a wrestling fan on a fairly empty bus and two guys start talking about wrestling right across from me, it's hard not to overhear.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

On the 27 bus heading back to Tallaght last night and two lads (one with bleached blond hair and slightly pronounced front teeth and another with short receeding hair) got on the bus and started talking to each other about what their plans would be for the upcoming wrestling shows

I see two wrestlers regularly on the 27 bus heading towards Tallaght. They get on the bus at Crumlin so I assume that they had just been training at MSW.

Whiplash wrote: »
    Hi all, The promoter of irelands newest promotion CCW has asked me to post up this for him.

246405_10150909026838946_1472503797_n.jpg

Your Main Event for the Debut Show
    335906_400597926652444_773123031_o.jpg

Bingo Ballance Vs Insano Vs Irish Dragon Vs Jc Williams

Also

The Executioner will take on Space Cadet

And Bonesaw will Join Thunder and Lightning to take on The smoking Aces and Hardshaw in 6 man tag action.

More matches to be announced.

Now that is the way to go with regard to promoting upcoming shows! Now I know well in advance about the Cork show. Well done lads and see u in Bishopstown! :-)

..the show with Eddie was the 1rst one we had advertised online in some time & even that had a problem with someone calling the venue saying they should cancel the show; that we would wreck the venue etc.

Its ridiculous that we cant promote online without hassle as there was a good few fans that came to the show this past weekend that seen it online (not to mention its a free way for us to advertise).
    [/Quote]

It beggars belief that there are morons out there who seriously think ye would smash up a venue! God help us all!!

not really anything just a bit of news

ex FCW / WWE Trainee Jason Mullen ie Tron from PWU and other local promotions over here is now a traffic warden, will try and get a pic next time I see him about

that is one big ass traffic warden i would pay my fine for and not argue with

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

i'm baffled as to why i didnt know there was a show!

how dare you have a show and not tell me about it! how dare you not advertise online so i can ring the venue and say you poo on the seats before every show

how dare you baffle me!
    Thank you, I'm flattered. Maybe you were mimicking my words in good nature, but I'm not convinced. I was merely saying I was "baffled" as to how I never noticed any posters around the town for the event, and as it turns out, it was a year ago. Anyway, no big deal. Just was BAFFLED by your post. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

montyrebel wrote: »
    not really anything just a bit of news

ex FCW / WWE Trainee Jason Mullen ie Tron from PWU and other local promotions over here is now a traffic warden, will try and get a pic next time I see him about

that is one big ass traffic warden i would pay my fine for and not argue with

Is that not what he was doing before he went to FCW. I seem to remember something about him being a traffic warden.

not to my knowledge anyhow, although you could be right

• Advertisement

IwW's most recent show was held in aid of a local Waterford Martial Arts Club. Money was given so that their students could compete in a tournament in Slovakia later on in the year.

Waterford

Skaterboi Jeebus retained his Zero Gravity title against Stevie Cambo

Justin Slammin pinned Tat2Charlie

Walter Alexander overcame TJ Meehan

Display by the students of their Martial Arts Routine

Mandrake defeated Soultaker Salem in an Irish Street Fight

2uo27gx.jpg

Mandrake choking Soultaker Salem with a students nunchucks

Advertisement