Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Anyone know when Joe Cabray, Rachelle St. Claire and Rebecca Knox start at NXT? July?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭CCWrestling

CCW officially begins its training classes this Sunday. After a tonne of emails and facebook messages from interested parties its here. So get down to The K2C Martial Arts & Fitness Centre this Sunday May 26th from 2pm - 4pm. The class is only 10 euro payable on the day.

If your dream is to become a pro wrestler or break into the business in any capacity nows your chance.

Corks very own Ross Browne will be the schools full time coach.

Ross_pic_4.jpg
    how to use print screen

Ross Browne began wrestling in 2001. He was trained by Andre Baker at NWA-UK HAMMERLOCK in Kent, UK.
    He wrestled for both NWA-UK HAMMERLOCK and NWA IRELAND.

Ross wrestled on RTE twice and was featured on an episode of Ultimate Warriors on BRAVO.

Titles:
    Former NWA Ireland Tag Team Champion with Adam Burke. (longest tag title reign to date at over a year)
    2002 Mens UK open submission tournament U75KG silver medalist.
    2002 Mens UK open submission tournament Best Newcomer.

This Sunday is set to be a very educational as well as fun event as we may find Irish Wrestlings future stars.

For more information go to our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/celticchampwrestling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

How did the K2C seminar go last week?

The K2C seminar went very well gimmick. Thanks for asking.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ftw_rep

Due to scheduling conflicts The next FTW show scheduled for June 16th will now take place a week later on June 23rd! The show will still take place in Andrews Lane but now on the 23rd of June!

The show will feature a rematch between Danny Butler and Justin Style, the match will feature a stipulation still to be announced!

Check out the event on facebook at - https://www.facebook.com/events/173534379479275/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭undertaker fan 88

went to the first ccw training classes today and have to say it was amazing.ross is a brilliant teacher and knows his stuff.all was good except for me not being able to front flip without nearly breaking my neck but il learn ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6 ManicMcDermott

FFPW are beginning a new class on Saturdays for those who want to start wrestling. Anyone interested come to the first class on June 22nd. First class is free and you will be trained by the best. What is there to lose? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151488688349862&l=805ace7ac2

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭Sirsok

FFPW are beginning and new class on Saturdays for those who want to start wrestling. Anyone interested come to the first class on June 22nd. First class is free and you will be trained by the best. What is there to lose? https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151488688349862&l=805ace7ac2

Wouldn't mind this if there is anyone travelling from the south east and needs a travelling buddy let me know :) or needs a bus buddy!

Excellent, glad to hear you're interested. If you need any directions or have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask :)

Excellent, glad to hear you're interested. If you need any directions or have any questions at all please don't hesitate to ask :)

I most certainly will, used to train a bit with iww,but bit since that fell to the wayside I've tried to fill the void with rugby or boxing, and just doesn't feel the same! I'd say the most likely scenario is ill be gettin a bus from Kilkenny to Dublin,aafter that I'm lost!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

I see steiner brothers,goldust,shelton benjamin, Lita, Chris Masters, Nigel Mcguinness, Billy Gunn and Hacksaw Duggan are all appearing in the UK over the weekend.
    Would have been cool to see some of these guys appear in Ireland for something like an AWR tour(are we going to see another one?!) or other independent show.

Ah sure nothing can beat good ol' wrestling. Just let us know where you're gonna be going from in Dublin and we'll give you a hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 14 CaptainD

I will be heading to the FFPW beginners class from Dublin city (most likely O'Connell street) if anyone wants to meet there and I can show them how to get out. Its gonna be a great class for anyone looking to make the big leap and start training. Let me know.

Celtic Championship Wrestling are making their Waterford debut this Summer 10th August 2013 At The Forum, Waterford City.

A great night of high flying action for the entire family is assured as CCW invades Waterford City for the first time. Also the CCW Heavyweight Championship will be on the line as Bingo Ballance (c) defends his title against the man who physically stole his belt at our last Supershow in Cork ( CCW Revolution ) ''The Snakeman'' Vic Viper. More matches will be announced on the CCW facebook page as the weeks progress.

[IMG][/img]CCW_Summerbrawl_2013.jpg

Doors open at 6:00pm Belltime 6:30
    Tickets are 15 euro Adult and 12.50 Kids
    Tickets are limited and can be purchased in advance from The Forum Box Office (051871133)

For more information visit our facebook page https://www.facebook.com/celticchampwrestling

You can also check out previous shows on our video/ippv section of our website by visiting http://www.celticchampionshipwrestling.com

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Ethan Swagger

Hi I'm down here near Waterford. I'm looking for a grappling partner - someone willing to do some interval (grappling) training with me on the mats, say twice a week? I train mainly in strength and build up but am interested in learning wrestling skills which, from a cardio point of view alone, would compliment my other training.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,697 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Hi I'm down here near Waterford. I'm looking for a grappling partner - someone willing to do some interval (grappling) training with me on the mats, say twice a week? I train mainly in strength and build up but am interested in learning wrestling skills which, from a cardio point of view alone, would compliment my other training.

You talking about amateur/submission stuff or pro grapple and moves... ?

You talking about amateur/submission stuff or pro grapple and moves... ?

Both in an ideal world! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,697 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Both in an ideal world! :)

Ok. Im.not in that part of the country (except on business occassionally), have you tried the MMA forum?

Ok. Im.not in that part of the country (except on business occassionally), have you tried the MMA forum?

No I must put up a post there .. I know it is a long shot but I can't think of any other way.

I'm in kk and would be well interested

• Advertisement

Sirsok wrote: »
    I'm in kk and would be well interested

That's brilliant dude, will PM u so :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Audio interview with Katey Harvey for the great Ringbelles website:
    http://ringbellesonline.com/2013/06/16/my-name-is-katey-harvey/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

there is mma clubs in waterford and kk

• Registered Users Posts: 13 ftw_rep

Here's a look back at the Chaotic Street Fight between Danny Butler and Justin Style from the debut Full Throttle Wrestling Event. Next Sunday the 23rd of June in Andrew Lane Theatre these two men go at it again in a LAST MAN STANDING match! It's your Main-Event of FTW Round 2 and it's not to be missed!!

http://vimeo.com/65082907

Full show info - https://www.facebook.com/events/173534379479275/

Arawn wrote: »
    there is mma clubs in waterford and kk

Two difficulties for me are 1) training times don't suit me
    2) I'm only interested in sub grappling and not striking atm

what times do you need a partner, classes will be broke down into wrestling/jitz etc

cool well wrestling is what I'm primarily after. You see earliest I could make it most evenings would be 7.30. Would be free some mornings too. I'm looking for fast paced interval 3 mins intense rolling kind of sessions say over a half hour/40 min period. Main goal is working on conditioning and explosive power.

most training sessions start at 7:30-8ish.

Arawn wrote: »
    most training sessions start at 7:30-8ish.

Sounds good .. mightn't be able to stay for whole session though as need to be on road again by 8.30 or thereabouts. What nights is the wrestling on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,118 ✭✭✭✭Jimmy Bottlehead

At best you've a severely tough road ahead to teach yourself, at worst it's impossible (and a bit useless).

Check around local MMA clubs, some should offer private classes which might suit.

Also, there's barely any correlation between pro wrestling and amateur wrestling / jiu jitsu / MMA. Pro wrestling is an athletic performance based art. Amateur wrestling / grappling is a competitive athletic pursuit. They're worlds apart.

Advertisement