Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

I didnt even Know IWW was still going .

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

I didnt even Know IWW was still going .

I'm afraid so! We're like the herpes of Irish Wrestling! Last year we ran the most events we ever did & have 7 shows in the next 2 weeks!

If you want let me know where you live & I can send on info when our next show is nearby? or if you check out www.facebook.com/irishwhipwrestling that is regularly updated too!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

I thought the Waterford show was at the end of August! :( Oh no!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Went along to the CCW show last night in Cork and it was a really good night, fair play to the lads for getting something like this going.

Maxer and Vic Viper had the stand out match of the night which included some great spots including a double stomp off the top rope.

The 6 man tag was really good too with some nice dives to the outside, the smoking aces have great attire aswell, very RVD-esque.

The main event fatal four way was great too. Some great dives to the outside and a tower of doom out of the corner.

It was all filmed too so hopefully they'll put it on DVD for the next show which I think is on October 28th.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭Stereomaniac

Where was the show last night, and where is the next one? Gonna write this down! Fate is not my friend, as I was in Cork yesterday and had nothing to do. Head is wrecked!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Where was the show last night, and where is the next one? Gonna write this down! Fate is not my friend, as I was in Cork yesterday and had nothing to do. Head is wrecked!

It was on in Bishopstown GAA club, I think the next show will be on there as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

Just wondering to the Irish wrestlers who visit these boards which wrestlers inspired you to break into the business and why? Just wondering :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4 kahuna399

Hey i created an account here so can answer your Q, As one of the organisers Im happy to tell you that the next show is also in the Bishopstown GAA hall on Oct 28th, just before Halloween, dont forget your costume ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Productionhead

I realise that the CCW show is on a bank holiday weekend again and it's on a Sunday but that leads to loads of transport hassel for fans outside of Cork, I think a Saturday how would be good. As not everybody gets bank holidays off

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

Fight Factory Pro wrestling are coming to Wicklow Town and Kildare Town on the 25th & 26th of August.

St. Patrick's GAA Club, Wicklow Town:

Jr title.jpg

We crown the 1st ever Irish Junior Heavyweight Champion!!!

This match will be contested in a 2 out of 3 falls match. (Just like the way the 1st NWA Ireland Champion was crowned).

Plus Canadian wrestler Dru Onyx leads a 4 man strong team to Irish shores. Dru will be defending his NWA British Commonwealth Championship on the night plus...

TITLES vs. TITLES!
    Irish Tag Team Champions Team Mega will face NWA Canadian Tag Team Champions D.A.M.K.A Shane Hawke & Stew Korvus. Both Promotions have agreed that the winners of the bout will indeed become double champions. Although a rematch clause for the following night for the losers has been agreed upon by both teams.

Plus,

'Lord of the Manor' Paul Tracey
    Phily The Kid
    'Scum of the earth' Robbie Morrisey
    B. Cool
    Katey Harvey
    Sammy D
    Lucy Lasso
    Rough Stuff

The best wrestlers from Ireland and Canada plus 3 Championship match in the one night.

This show will take place in St. Patricks GAA, Wicklow Town on the 25th of August at 7pm. Adm €8. Family of 4 only €25. Full bar service on the night. More matches to be announced soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,836 ✭✭✭deisedude

Went to an Emerald Wrestling Promotion show tonight in Salthill, Galway. A great nights entertainment

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

Years later you setup DCW! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

IwW ran 7 shows around 7 different counties over the last week & a half! We have also launched our newly designed website www.irishwhipwrestling.com so please drop by for all your Irish Whip Wrestling news, events etc.

Clare

Skaterboi Jeebus retained his Zero Gravity Championship against Stevie Cambo

Maximus beat The Galway Grappler Noah Jones

Soultaker Salem defeated TJ Meehan after interference from the Noah Jones

TJ Meehan won the Irish Rumble last eliminating Soultaker Salem

Kerry

Show 1
    Captain Rooney pinned The Galway Grappler Noah Jones

Show 2

Skaterboi Jeebus retained his Zero Gravity Championship against Stevie Cambo

Show 3
    Maximus overcame TJ Meehan

Show 4
    Captain Rooney beat Stevie Cambo

Show 5
    Captain Rooney & Skaterboi Jeebus defeated TJ Meehan & The Galway Grappler

Newry

Skaterboi Jeebus overcame Stevie Cambo to retain his ZG Championship

Tat2 Charlie beat TJ Meehan

Maximus defeated the Galway Grappler

Mandrake pinned Soultaker Salem

Laois

Show 1
    Skaterboi Jeebus overcame Stevie Cambo to retain his ZG Championship

Show 2
    Maximus defeated TJ Meehan

Show 3
    Captain Rooney pinned The Galway Grappler in a No DQ Match

Show 4

Skaterboi Jeebus beat TJ Meehan

Show 5
    Skaterboi Jeebus & Captain Rooney were victorious against The Galway Grappler Noah Jones & Stevie Cambo in an Irish Street Fight

Donegal

Tat2 Charlie & Steve Cambo had a 15 min draw to both become #1 Contenders to the IwW ZG Championship

Maximus overcame TJ Meehan

Skaterboi Jeebus retained the ZG championship after a DQ in a Triple Threat match featuring Tat2 Charlie & Stevie Cambo

Skaterboi Jeebus & Maximus beat TJ Meehan & Tat2Charlie

Wexford

Skaterboi Jeebus overcame Tat2Charlie to retain his ZG Championship

Maximus won a Triple Threat over TJ Meehan & The Galway Grappler

Mandrake defeated Skaterboi Jeebus by DQ

Skaterboi Jeebus & Maximus pinned Mandrake & Tat2Charlie

Cork

Captain Rooney beat The Galway Grappler Noah Jones

Maximus pinned TJ Meehan

Captain Rooney & Maximus beat TJ Meehan & The Galway Grappler Noah Jones

Skaterboi Jeebus retained his ZG Championship against Mandrake in a 2 out of 3 Falls Match

www.irishwhipwrestling.com
    www.facebook.com/irishwhipwrestling
    www.youtube.com/irishwhipwrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

Fight Factory Pro Wrestling Results from Wicklow Town, Co. Wicklow 25/08/12 -

* FFPW's newly appointed online production manager Adam Abz announcer to the crowd that amongst other things we will be having an over the top rope battle royal where the last two in the ring will compete in a 2 out of 3 falls match to become the 1st ever Irish Junior Heavyweight Champion in tonights main event.

1. Phily the Kid defeated Canadian wrestler Brian Kevin in the opening bout after Phily hit Kevin with a tornado clothesline for the win.

* Brian Kevin was joined by his Canadian comrades Project D.A.M.K.A in th ring. They claimed that dispite the opening setback that all 3 canadian would be leaving with Irish gold tonight when D.A.M.K.A defeated Team Mega in a Title vs. Title match and when Brian Kevin goes on to win the Irish Junior Heavyweight Championship.

2. Rough Stuff defeated the team of Bobby Calloway and 'Dangerous' Dave Forde when Paul Scarfe pinned Calloway after the Roughin' Stuffer Cutter.

3. The 6'4 monster simply known as Big Ger debuted against 'The Ringer' Kev Ring. This match would end in a DQ win for 'the ringer' after Big Ger would snap and assault the referee and then continue to beatdown Kev Ring.

4. B. Cool and Sammy D were the last two men standing in the over the top rope battle royal and would go on to face each other for the IJHC later in the night.

5. Irish tag team champions Team Mega were victorious against NWA Canadian tag team champions Project D.A.M.K.A but the titles would not change hands as although it appeared Justin Shape made Stew Korvus tap out with a sharpshooter the referee decided to DQ the canadians instead after they had knocked him to the floor moments earlier.

6. NWA British Commenwealth Champion Dru Onyx defeated 'Lord of the Manor' Paul Tracey in the very back and forth match which ended after Onyx nailedo his lordship with an all-mighty spear.

7. Katey Harvey defeated Lucy Lasso when Harvey planted Lucy with a Gory Bomb to pick up the pinfall.

8. After the match went one fall a piece it would be Sammy D who would defeated B. Cool to become the 1st ever Irish Junior Heavyweight Champion. The final fall came after Sammy D hit B. Cool with a Shinobi Cutter from the corner.

Results from Kildare Town, Co. Kildare. 26/08/12 -

1. Project D.A.M.K.A defeated Deadbones Dawkins and Phily The Kid to retain the NWA Canadian Tag Team Championships when Korvus pinned Dawkins with a laterial press.

2. 'Dangerous' Dave Forde beat Andrew 'The Anj' Lynch.

- The hometown team of Team Mega and 'Danger' Dawn when to the ring to address the crowd about there upcoming match and returning home only to attacked by all 3 members of Rough Stuff - Paul Scarfe, Bull Reilly and Katey Harvey.

3. B. Cool issued a No DQ Challenge match to NWA British Commenwealth Champion Dru Onyx. This very enteraining match ended when nailed B. Cool with a steel chair.

4. Brian Kevin from Canada was the last man standing in a over the top rope battle royal where the winner would recieve an Irish Junior Heavyweight title match.

5. Sammy D successfully defended his IJHC against Brian Kevin.

6. Irish Tag Team Champions Team Mega and Danger Dawn defeated Rough Stuff in the main event when Dawn Pinned Katey Harvey after a running Powerbomb.

Thank you to all the fans who attended.

The Fight Factory is proud to present the first ever Irish Junior Heavyweight Champion, Sam Doyle. Sam overcame B-Cool in a very impressive two out of three falls match at the weekend. Everyone at FFPW is extremely proud of Sam and the work he has put in to become champion. This is just the start of massive things to come for this seventeen year old worker who people are calling the best young wrestler in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

great looking belt for a great wrestler and am sure a great champion

CCWs Second Show is Officially on the 28th of October.

can watch our little video :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akh2Oi7NpSE&feature=youtu.be

and here is Video of one of our Confirmed Matches

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWpezdUo-Ro&feature=player_embedded

and lastly for future match announcements you can follow us on

www.facebook.com/celticchampwrestling

P.S Congrats to Sam Doyle on his Junior Heavyweight Title Victory :) more luck to you

Celtic Championship Wrestlings debut event the 'Showdown in Bishopstown' will be live here on facebook and on http://www.celticchampionshipwrestling.com/ from 10pm. Join the revolution with live chat on out ippv/video page

come and join in!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

5552-thumbnail2.jpg

Zero 1 coming to Ireland, Scotland and Belgium - November 21-23

The feck?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

The Zero-1 owners were over here for the NLW show in April, which was an Ireland vs Rest of the World type of card which featured mostly wrestlers from Scotland. A few of the NLW guys also travel to Japan to wrestle for Zero-1 occasionally.

The Belgium one is a mystery though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭mtjm

kahuna399 wrote: »
    Celtic Championship Wrestlings debut event the 'Showdown in Bishopstown' will be live here on facebook and on http://www.celticchampionshipwrestling.com/ from 10pm. Join the revolution with live chat on out ippv/video page

come and join in!!!

Gotta say enjoyed that show, beats DCW by a mile (wonder will they do shows in Dublin) Interestling to hear CCW respects the legacy of DCW title holders

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

Any more word on the Zero 1 show over here?

mtjm wrote: »
    Gotta say enjoyed that show, beats DCW by a mile (wonder will they do shows in Dublin) Interestling to hear CCW respects the legacy of DCW title holders

CCW respects everyone involved in this business, cause it certainly aint easy.

and regarding Dublin, never say never, but gotta get the rebels spark for pro wrestling back :)

p.s glad you liked the show :) we are delighted with the production level

From the Fight Factory Facebook page:

Fight Factory head trainer and fan favourite Phil Boyd is enjoying his first day in Tokyo today. Phil has joined Sean 'Maxer' Brennan and Jordan Devlin in Japan as part the Zero1 Pro Wrestling Tenkaichi Jr. tournament. We at the Fight Factory are very proud of our wrestlers and wish them all the best on their tour with Pro Wrestling Zero1 over the next couple of months. We will keep you up to date with all the news from Japan. COME ON THE IRISH!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

zero1 press conferance..jpg

Picture from the 10th annual Zero1 Pro Wrestling Tenkaichi Jr. tournament press conference. Featuring Fight factory wrestlers, Sean 'Maxer' Brennan, Phil Boyd and Jordan Devlin.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 337 ✭✭TheTwiz

What's the story with them coming to Ireland?

More news from the Fight Factory Facebook page:

Both Phil Boyd and Sean Brennan were successful in their opening bouts of the Tenkaichi Junior Heavyweight Tournament today. Boyd overcame fellow Irishman and Fight Factory trainer Jordan Devlin in what we hear was a great exhibition of our Irish Style. Congratulations to both Boyd and Brennan on advancing to the quarter finals of the Pro Wrestling Zero-1 tournament.

List of results:
    http://www.puroresuspirit.com/2012/09/12/results-for-september-11-2012/

Sean Brennan and Jordan Devlin were today crowned The NWA International Tag Team Champions in Korakuen Hall, Japan for Pro Wrestling Zero1. Congratulations to 'Team Big Hangover' and lets wish the lads every success with their title defences. There are some great photos on the Fight Factory Facebook page.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=519328341426637&set=a.368244636535009.108068.115229685169840&type=1&theater&notif_t=like

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

Hello wrestling fans, just wondering if anyone from here would be interested in a meet up /piss up for the extreme msw show next Friday? My only wrestling buddy unfortunately can't go so would be cool to have some folks to buzz with and not be standing there like a loner. ( although I had great craic as a loner for the fibbers show!) reply if your interested I'm thinking we meet up pre show for a pint and some marky discussion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Would like to go but unfortunately I'm on holiday next week. Been to a few shows on my own, and some with the misses, enjoy them either way.

I'm sure a few days ago I remember reading about someone here organising a WWE quiz night but I can't find that post now, was the quiz cancelled?

Advertisement