Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭deisedude

IwW Results

Galway

Captain Rooney defeated Stevie Campbell

Skaterboi Jeebus retained his ZG Gravity Championship against Tat2 Charlie

The Galway Grappler & TJ Meehan went to a Double DQ after interference from Stevie Campbell & Tat2 Charlie

The Galway Grappler, Skaterboi Jeebus & Captain Rooney overcame TJ Meehan, Tat2 Charlie & Stevie Campbell

Feck, didn't realise ye were in Galway. :( Ye coming back soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

Rumours that Dave is back in wrestling business, new company starting up on facebook called celtic championship wrestling, they seem to be poaching a good few big names to work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

deisedude wrote: »
    Feck, didn't realise ye were in Galway. :( Ye coming back soon?

It may have been my fault I think I was meant to message someone from Galway about a show :/ sorry!

I believe we will be! The venue loved having us so I will let you know (I swear)

www.facebook.com/irishwhipwrestling

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

montyrebel wrote: »
    Rumours that Dave is back in wrestling business, new company starting up on facebook called celtic championship wrestling, they seem to be poaching a good few big names to work for them.

Nope, its not dave long. the guy who is setting this up has asked me to do some poster designs. I'll not mention his name here, its not really my place. all i will say is that it will be cork based. and no its not ger murphy either.

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

MSW have announced an over 18s outdoor event according to their facebook...deadly!

"The Fibber Magee's show will take place in the Beer garden and is an outdoor event. It's on Saturday May 19th and starts at 7pm, it's an over 18's show. We will announce details on the card and tickets in s couple of weeks"

This will be awesome if it happens

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

This thread is like Dublin Bus, you wait ages for a news story and then 3 come along at the same time.

Rachelle St. Clair - Congratulations.
    Another Irish promotion - Intriguing, the more the better.
    MSW over 18's show - Sounds awesome!

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

Congratulations to everyone who took part in the Zero1 2 day training seminar over the weekend with the Zero1 owner Yoshiyuki Nakamura. Coached by Paul Tracey, it was a grueling and back breaking couple of sessions that saw Irelands best wrestlers along with some of Europes top talent impressing one of Japans highest thought of wrestling authorities. Mr Nakamura mentioned that the Irish style of training is the closest thing to the Japanese style he has seen. That is high praise considering the man travels the world scouting talent. The seminar even featured a cameo from NJPWs Fergal Devitt.

The weekend was topped off with a wrestling event with the participants from the seminar. Despite all of the wrestlers being beaten up and physically drained ,from what was without a doubt the toughest training seminar ever held in Ireland, the reports of the show say it had a couple of contenders for Irelands best wrestling match ever. Hopefully some more of Irelands wrestlers will benefit from this and follow Jordan Devlin, Sean Brennan and Paul Tracey to a stint with Zero1 Wrestling.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

sockmo wrote: »
    MSW have announced an over 18s outdoor event according to their facebook...deadly!

"The Fibber Magee's show will take place in the Beer garden and is an outdoor event. It's on Saturday May 19th and starts at 7pm, it's an over 18's show. We will announce details on the card and tickets in s couple of weeks"

This will be awesome if it happens

Ha cool , that could be great fun

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 DCWINFO

Greeting Wrestling Fans,
    Dublin Championship Wrestling will be returning to Ireland in the near future. Upcoming shows and talent to be announced soon. If you're fresh new talent or a fan of wrestling drop us a mail and a LIKE on our new LIKE page.
    http://www.facebook.com/DCWReBirth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 User name 2011

DCWINFO wrote: »
    Greeting Wrestling Fans,
    Dublin Championship Wrestling will be returning to Ireland in the near future. Upcoming shows and talent to be announced soon. If you're fresh new talent or a fan of wrestling drop us a mail and a LIKE on our new LIKE page.
    http://www.facebook.com/DCWReBirth

Whos runnin the show now then

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭sockmo

DCW coming back it not what we need for Irish Wrestling right now.Embarrassing stuff altogether.

The whole operation stank, with delusions of grandeur by the promoters and with their ridiculous self importance.The storlines /promos were absolute nonsense,the belts look like something I made from a cornflakes box when I was 8 and some of the performers were kids that look like they'd cry if in an actual fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

Remember the next FFPW gym show will take place on the 29th of April 2012 at 6:30pm live from the Fight Factory Pro Wrestling training school.

Already confirmed matches:

Team Mega Vs. Team Epic in singles competition ahead of their big Irish Tag Team Championship match at NLW in the Moat Theatre in Naas on the 7th of May. (Tickets available now)

Justin Shape Vs. B. Cool & Danny Butler Vs. D. Max

Plus...

'Scum of the Earth' Robbie Morrisey Vs. 'Breakout star of the year 2011' Sammy D

Also...

MSW Heavyweight Champion Lycan will face an old nemesis in Johnny Notaro

And...

Paddy 'Suicide Machine' Morrow returns home to Fight Factory Pro Wrestling for the first time since becoming NLW World Champion.

All this plus - Phily The Kid, Kazza G, Rough Stuff, Jordan Devlin and the very best from Fight Factory Pro Wrestling. Admission is only €2 Only 10 days away!!

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Productionhead

There wasn't many people complaining about DCW untill the last few events, plus most of the best performers aren't wrestling anywhere anymore, so TBH I'd be happy to see them back either with DCW as I'm Dublin based or even in Cork. I think the Summer is going to be an interesting time for Irish Wrestling.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

There wasn't many people complaining about DCW untill the last few events

Dude seriously don't lie in a thread which anyone can debunk that claim in seconds.

People never really had a problem with the wrestling as people on here at least understand it is indy wrestling and that the lads are trying their best even if some are clearly under trained even for this level. The primary issue was the promoters/bookers being total Attitude Era causalities booking themselves up and down the show generally at the expense of the show. Dont get me started on the Youtube videos.

I don't trust the promoters not to repeat the same mistakes they always make.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

Below are some pics from the recent 'International Uproar' show in Bray Co. Wicklow.

The next NLW event takes place on Bank Holiday Monday, May 7th at 3pm in the Moat Theatre, Naas, Co. Kildare. Tickets are on sale for €12 from Box Office. Call: (045) 895111. In action will be:
    ~NLW Champion "Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow
    ~Tag Champions Team Mega
    ~OMEN
    ~Dunkan Disorderly
    ~Shawn Maxer
    ~"Scum of the Earth" Robbie Morrissey
    ~Jordan Devlin
    and many more! Great show guaranteed!
    (Discounts are still available for Boards.ie members. Just Private mail me)

535594_390559544309305_167386333293295_1289078_685305200_n.jpg305553_390559657642627_167386333293295_1289082_1590952452_n.jpg
    480919_390559737642619_167386333293295_1289085_176546183_n.jpg529666_390560074309252_167386333293295_1289098_1121530637_n.jpg
    33983_390560190975907_167386333293295_1289101_486384302_n.jpg301854_390560220975904_167386333293295_1289102_755184023_n.jpg
    More pics are available on our facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/No-Limit-Wrestling/167386333293295?bookmark_t=page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 L69er

Whiplash wrote: »
    Nope, its not dave long. the guy who is setting this up has asked me to do some poster designs. I'll not mention his name here, its not really my place. all i will say is that it will be cork based. and no its not ger murphy either.

This is a statement released only moments ago on the "Celtic Championship Wrestling" facebook page that may answer some questions.

To squash any rumours which may be surfacing at the moment Celtic Championship Wresting would like to announce that it is not apart of any other promotion and is a seperate intity. It is not a "Rebirth" and its management is brand new to the Irish Wrestling scene. We have aquired talent which appears in other promotions in the country who have gladly joined the CCW team to fill the gap to provide the South of Ireland with the exciting action we all love. The head of CCW Lee Cahalane invites you all to be apart of it's debut show this August which is assured to be an unforgettable night and to like and share this page to spread the word of Irelands newest pro wrestling organisation. Thank you!!!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

480919_390559737642619_167386333293295_1289085_176546183_n.jpg

Living up to the nickname there alright :pac:

Come see him May 7th :) Great Main Event, set. Will announce it here soon!

Competition for 2 pairs of tickets to Bank Holiday Beatdown up for grabs on NLW facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/No-Limit-Wrestling/167386333293295?bookmark_t=page

NLW Bank Holiday Beatdown
    Monday May 7th, 3pm
    Moat Theatre, Naas, Kildare
    Tickets on sale now. Phone Box Office for more info: (045) 883030

12 Euro adult ticket to CCW show and ten for kids, FECKIN promoter must be having a joke.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭deisedude

12 Euro adult ticket to CCW show and ten for kids, FECKIN promoter must be having a joke.

Where you see that? What venue are they going to be in btw?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

a poster for the event was posted on their facebook page earlier, i didnt look at it but its probably on there

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

ok to make it clear to all this my opinion. i have no involvement with ccw other than designing a poster for the show. I also may add i'm not here to cause any arguements. I'm a fan of irish wrestling, and i say the more promotions the better to showcase the talent that the country has to offer and it means more choice for us the wresltling fan.

with that said, productionhead are you going to have a go at NLW for having thier tickets at 12 euro as well? they are charging that for the bank holiday show and i think its a fair enough price. 12 euro is not an outragous amount of money for a couple of hours of entertainment. I doubt you cry when you cough out up to 80 euro for a wwe show. yes wwe and an irish indy show is two very different things but the premise is the same. I'm no expert but anyone can work out that to put on a wrestling show costs money. ring transport, venue hire and more importantly paying the guys who go out and put thier bodies through hell to put on a show for the crowd.

lets say an average show draws 100-150 ppl and admission is a tenner. When all is said and done there is damn all profit made from what comes in at the door. Wrestling is a business and the idea of a business is to make money. I'm sure any rep from any of the irish promotions on here can back me up on that.

thats my opinion for what its worth. if you think its too much to pay for a ticket well you dont have to buy one. but if you are interested in going to the show to see what its about well drink 3 less pints on a night out and theres your price of admission.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭esprimo

hey guys not too familiar with this thread but trying to get more into irish promotions.
    This might be perceived as being lazy and i dont know if it was mentioned before but can anyone give me a summary of the Irish wrestling scene? i.e a list of all the top promotions/training schools in the country,where they're based etc. I think it would be cool to see a broad overview of how many promotions there are in the country.
    Also on a side note does anyone here know if the "american wrestling rampage" group/brand have any early plans at least to run a few shows this year - really enjoyed them over the years. Thanks.

Whiplash wrote: »
    i have no involvement with ccw other than designing a poster for the show.

What can you tell us about CCW?

Boo-Yeah kiddie orientated promotion or hardcore over 18's only :pac:

I don't drink and I think you are a bit of a fool for using that as an argument against it when u know nothing about me.

It's not so much the 12 euro adult price but the 10 euro kids price is to high, TBH I think the pricing for the first show at least should be 10 euro adults and 5 euro for under 16s.

To menction NLW, I think this has the potencial to be the best promotion in Ireland if only they weren't so lazy in having most of there events in NAAS.

CCW is going to be an interesting promotion to see what happens in it and TBH I'm still not to sure if I believe that CCW as nothing to do with old DCW management, but I want to take them at face value out of a pure respect stand point. But I don't know how many shows people on boards will get to see as the show is in cork and lets be honest lads how many of you will say you'll go and then be busy that day. But hopefully I'll get to some.

It's going to be a good summer.

Just to mention, we always try to keep the tickets to NLW shows prices as low as we possibly can. Remember, nobody in Irish Wrestling makes money. The financial winners from Irish Wrestling are the GAA halls, theaters, printers, insurance companies and van drivers!

The reason our tickets in Naas are €12 is because it's a theater, rather than a Hall so rent is more expensive. And for 12 quid, you're getting a show with great sound, and visually better than anything we could do in a GAA hall. With the production available in the theatre, it makes for a much better over-all show.

We're not "Lazy" either haha :). Far from it. We don't put on as many shows anymore because it costs too much, simple as that. Not all our shows are in Naas. We held a show in Bray 2 weeks ago (tickets were €8). But the shows we put on, we put alot into them and try to deliver the best show we can.

I don't know the CCW guy, but i bet he's pouring alot of money into starting up his promotion. So I'm sure the ticket price is his way of trying to break even on his first show. I always thought a tenner is a fair enough price for a ticket for a wrestling show. In these times, maybe cheaper for a child. But when it comes to promoting in a theater, the price needs to be a little higher or else we'd be out of pocket. But it's not as if any of us are charging crazy money for tickets and driving around in brand new mercs from the profits :D

Anyway, I've said it before, if any boards members want a discount to our show in Naas, just PM me and i'll hook you up. It seems that not alot of posters here even attend Irish shows, which is sad. It would be great to get the support from true wrestling fans.

Anyway, thats my two cents. Over and Out! ;)

NLW 'Bank Holiday Beatdown'
    Monday 7th May - 3pm - Moat Theatre, Naas, Kildare (a half an hour from Dublin)
    Tickets on sale from Box Office: (045) 88 3030 €12 each
    *seats numbered so early booking is needed in order to choose the best seat available

THE BEST ROSTER OF TALENT IN IRELAND:
    "Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow (NLW CHAMP) ... Team MEGA (IRISH TAG CHAMPS) ... "All Star" Anthony Idol .... Shawn Maxer ... Sir Paul Tracey .... "Scum of the Earth" Robbie Morrissey ... Philly The Kid ... Pierre Marceau ... Jordan Devlin ... and more!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭waltersobchak

I think the fact that it can cost upwards of €12.50 to see a movie in 3D these days, i hardly think €12 for a live show is outrageous..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

£10 has been the standard ticket price for independent wrestling in Britain for decades now. €12 works out about right. Bit of an odd price point for cash handling purposes, but still fair value if it's a decent show.

• Advertisement

I got the sense that the ProductionHead was unhappy with the €10 per child price more than the adult.

A kid can see a movie in 3D for €8 and can watch a Shamrock Rovers game for €7 so I would use this price bracket for a kid to watch Irish Wrestling, so anything around €8 seems a fair enough price.

I've always been satisfied paying €12 for my adult ticket, always thought I got my monies worth. Last week was only €8 to watch NLW including Prince Devitt, that was a bargain.

I can only imagine how much cash a parent spends taking their kids to see WWE in the o2 where as far as I know there isn't any discount for children and cheapest price is €33.50 :eek:

Advertisement