Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Any dublin shows in december?
    +1 for me, didnt get to go to sny Novber show so I wabna get my fix.

Ill be throwing that Maxer video onto my 411mania column Sunday for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Any dublin shows in december?
    +1 for me, didnt get to go to sny Novber show so I wabna get my fix.

There is a Main Stage show in in ballymun on the 17th. Check out their Facebook page.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

zzzzz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

Superkev wrote: »
    Rumours are circulating that a certain Irish Pro wrestler has been engaging in "lewd sex acts with other men" as part of a "secret gay spa subculture", and that he "makes Tiger Woods look like a boy scout".

Which begs the question how you know about it?

Who gives a f*ck anyway?

Rumours are circulating that a certain Irish Pro wrestler has been engaging in "lewd sex acts with other men" as part of a "secret gay spa subculture", and that he "makes Tiger Woods look like a boy scout".

I believe one of the acts is called "Pro Wrestling."

• Advertisement

flahavaj wrote: »
    Which begs the question how you know about it?

Who gives a f*ck anyway?

These allegations are making me hot under the collar.

patterson_pat.jpg

Seriously this gay shame trolling is in pretty bad taste just a week after what the Garry Speed incident may be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Using homo-sexuality as a mud-slinging tactic is so childish.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Superkev wrote:
    "Wow guys have i got a scandal for you within the next few days, stay tuned for more. "

"Rumours are circulating that a certain Irish Pro wrestler has been engaging in "lewd sex acts with other men" as part of a "secret gay spa subculture", and that he "makes Tiger Woods look like a boy scout"."

Superkev has been banned for trolling and ignoring mod's previous warning. This kind of childish carry-on is a fast track to a permaban.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

Boards beers Xmas Meet up before for the Mainstage Show?

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

374200_298811223484138_167386333293295_1028670_1187691656_n.jpg

The annual NEW YEAR BASH event takes place next month. Tickets on sale now. As always with this venue, tickets are reserved seating so book now for your choice of seats. Matches will be confirmed in the coming weeks so keep watching here or check out and 'Like' our facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/No-Limit-Wrestling/167386333293295

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 Productionhead

So with talk of a DCW return, would anybody go to the shows? I wonder if any talent would work for Dave Long again? Finally what do you guys think about Irish companies using and paying a lot of money for former wwe/tna talent?

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Horsebox9000

I would sooner stick nails through my eyelids than offer DCW any form of support.
    They were good when they started out, but it seemed that the owners were marks.

I loved when Ger Murphy moaned about people going to WWE shows instead of DCW shows, yet I heard he paid through to roof to get over to SUmmerslam or wrestlemania and bought those horrible replica belts.

Any word on big indie starts hitting these shores soon?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Boards beers Xmas Meet up before for the Mainstage Show?

Nice idea but I don't think many people on Boards go to indy shows.

Probably better off waiting for Wrestlemania. Last year the legend that is Diabhal Beag was fairly close to securing a Dublin venue, think only red tape from Sky Sports prevented the screening in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭superref

I've just heard that an Irish indie star has been offered a wwe contract. cant say who exactly but he's from the south. hopefully more will come within the next few days.

Any more updates on this piece of news ?

superref wrote: »
    Any more updates on this piece of news ?

I noticed that TWS has an up and coming WWE superstar on the show on Friday this might shed some light on the situation. But I'm still interested to see who it is? I still don't believe it till I see them at least on FCW but hope its true.

So what does 2012 have in store for Irish Wrestling, Maybe some more former WWE talent on our shores I hope MSW are working on some more.

Tickets are selling fast for our next show, remember seats are assigned so early booking is advisable for your choice of seats. Confirmed to appear so far:

- "Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow
    - "Scum of the Earth" Robbie Morrissey
    - "All Star" Anthony Idol
    - Bonesaw
    - NLW Champion Dunkan Disorderly

More names and matches to be announced soon.

No Limit Wrestling "New Year Bash 2012"
    January 22nd 2012 at the Moat Theatre, Naas, Co. Kildare
    Start Time: 6pm
    Tickets €12. Contact Box Office: (045) 883030

380779_305643999467527_167386333293295_1045689_1030814757_n.jpg
    First match announced for NLW 'New Year Bash', the self proclaimed "Scum of the Earth" Robbie Morrissey takes on one of the country's finest Junior Heavyweights, Jordan Devlin, who recently returned from a tour with the Zero-1 promotion in Japan.

This truly is a match pitting two of the best wrestlers in the country today and will no doubt be a show-stealer. See the action in person on January 22nd at the Moat Theatre in Naas, Co. Kildare.

No Limit Wrestling "New Year Bash 2012"
    January 22nd 2012 at the Moat Theatre, Naas, Co. Kildare
    Start Time: 6pm
    Tickets €12. Contact Box Office: (045) 883030

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Anyone go to the MSW show last night?

I missed it (got my dates mixed up, thought it was tonight) but would appreciate a quick review.

http://vimeo.com/33833398

Check out highlights from last month's Bray Bash NLW show featuring Fergal Devitt's return to Irish wrestling. Also, check out the links below featuring highlights from NLW 'Mayhem' show last May, and 5th Anniversary Show (featuring Scotty 2 Hotty) in September, showing what a great year NLW had. The quality of our shows are second to none, and these videos will show you why its worth travelling to see a No Limit Wrestling show if you're a wrestling fan.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wbjSVHJcczg&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vptNfZCHbI&feature=related

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

They sure looked like awesome shows. The NLW title match was awesome. Who knew Sammy D could put on a match like that. Anyone else miss Kev MacDermott's blond hair?

• Advertisement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGwlq37PfWg

There's a very short documentary on Irish Wrestling with an interview with Fergal Devitt.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGwlq37PfWg

There's a very short documentary on Irish Wrestling with an interview with Fergal Devitt.

I'd love to see someone do a proper documentary that'd do the scene justice (having been involved in a couple of dodgy one's myself - one that had cringe written all over it!). Someone who has done their homework and understands the business well enough to get a good story out of it, while giving it good production. I'd love to do one myself but getting funding to do it properly would be more effort than it's worth.

Thus far, all we've ever seen is college kids doing projects thinking they're re-inventing the wheel by adding generic rock music to a montage of wrestling action or marks with money trying to use it as an opportunity to play fantasy booker. Or you get RTE doing features of a small, innocent woman saying, basically, "Did you know...(pause for dramatic effect) that IRELAND has a wrestling scene??" then a cute shot of a wrestler scaring the ****e out of her or the like. But at least the entire country is seeing the latter.

Still, hope you guys get some good exposure out of it and it was a nice touch to see Fergie D doing his thing in a small hall. Says a lot about the guy that he's willing to!

Its just a short video that some college students made at our last show. Its not really an academy award hopeful. Thanks for dissecting it into bite size pieces chewing it up and crapping it out ;) What I see is a well shot, short insight into Irish wrestling from a couple of guys points of view. It also has some nice footage of a show. Plus there's some words from Fergal Devitt.

Wasn't having a go dude, chill out. Like I said I hope you guys get good exposure from it. And it was interesting to learn how stressful it is putting up a curtain too! :p

Im just joshin you buddy thanks for giving it a watch. That kid did have a brain aneurysm due to that curtain so thats not all that funny but you didnt know so we're cool.

What happened to the guys who were trying to become a wrestler "don't try this at home" I think they called it.

Wow Leggo did someone make a rubbish DVD with u in it cause u seem a bit bitter.

Was good see a Fergal back and in great shape too, he should be a role model for up and coming Irish Wrestlers and also for current Irish stars who are stuck in the same rut and tbh not in the best shape to get into great shape and make the Irish Indy scene the scene it can be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Was good see a Fergal back and in great shape too, he should be a role model for up and coming Irish Wrestlers and also for current Irish stars who are stuck in the same rut and tbh not in the best shape to get into great shape and make the Irish Indy scene the scene it can be.

What realistically can the Irish scene be?sure jaysus irelands biggest wrestling fans post on boards and generally we don't bother goin to shows, how is the scene ever gonna expand if the guys who know how good fergal devitt is don't show up?quite simply it won't and I'm not sure what could ever be done about that....imo Irish wrestling , despite the efforts of companies and wrestlers, will never have a proper scene........unless a tv slot is secured at least! Even tg4!

Wow Leggo did someone make a rubbish DVD with u in it cause u seem a bit bitter.

Nah, I don't care enough about wrestling anymore to be bitter about anything! It's just everytime I see these vids pop up, I hope someone has actually gotten creative and done a decent job. Then it's generic rock music, clips of guys wrestling, a voxpop with guys on the roster listing off injuries they've suffered, cheap looking titles and so on. So I decided to comment on it. Nothing against this vid in particular, it's as much of a letdown as the rest!

From both a media and a wrestling standpoint, it's a letdown because that vid hardly tells you anything about FFPW except...it exists. And they didn't even make a big deal of Fergal when they actually got a massive exclusive interview. If I'd never heard of him, I wouldn't know he's one of the biggest wrestlers in the world and that's not his or FFPW's fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

I thought it was pretty good & at the very least it wasnt this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h96Lm85g_wM (Nice guys but .....)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

IwW would like to thank all the fans who attended all our shows this year. It was without a doubt our busiest year with nearly 70 shows being run throughout Ireland & Northern Ireland (with IwW doing a 101 matches in a stretch of 9 days!). We hope to improve in 2012 & welcome any (constructive) feedback, ideas, suggestions etc that you may have. We will also being running training the weekends we do not have shows so please contact links below if you would like to be a part of IwW. Happy Christmas everyone & have a great New Year.

www.facebook.com/irishwhipwrestling
    www.youtube.com/irishwhipwrestling
    http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002350872333&ref=ts (Training Inquiries)

Santa ZG Champion
    kaog8z.jpg
    Mandrake, Scrooge, The Grinch
    14wrcoy.jpg

Advertisement