Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 14,877 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Missed the show but really happy that Morrow finally got the belt . Great performer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Unfortunately I also missed the show (Kildare being a bit too far away for me) being congratulations Paddy.

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

Indeed, the 'Suicide Machine' Paddy Morrow did become the NLW World Champion last night at New Year BASH 2012 in Naas, Co. Kildare.
    A big congratulations to Paddy!

In results from the show:
    - Irish Tag Team Champions Team Mega defeated Omen & Bonesaw
    - After being attacked post match by new tag team Rough Stuff, Team Mega put their titles on the line again and managed to retain against the new-comers.
    -"All Star" Anthony Idol defeated Tucker
    - Rachelle St. Claire defeated 'The Big Pimp Daddy' J.C.
    - Sir Paul Tracey & Robbie Morrissey defeated Jordan Devlin & Shawn Maxer
    - Team Epic & 'The Big Mac' Kev McDermot defeated Philly The Kid, Sammy D & Deadbones Dawkins.
    -'Suicide Machine' Paddy Morrow defeated Dunkan Disorderly to become new NLW Champion.

See pics from the show on our Facebook page:
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/No-Limit-Wrestling/167386333293295

6750059889_fabb47bcdf.jpg

NLWonline!

No Limit Wrestling weekly online show coming soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 User name 2011

NLW_Info wrote: »
    NLWonline!

No Limit Wrestling weekly online show coming soon.
    Sounds great cant wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

This week the Fight Factory have introduced a new championship belt to the Irish Wrestling scene. The Irish Junior Heavyweight Champion will be crowned in a few months time. We hope this will increase competition at the Fight Factory and help each wrestler improve their craft. We feel the addition of this title will make each wrestler perform at their best level and that will transfer to the wrestling shows which will make for a better experience for the Irish Wrestling fans. Good Luck to everyone involved in this championship chase from FFPW.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 TandL

Can Thunder and Lightning become an impressive 4 time tag team champions?

Find out at Main stage wrestlings next live event on February 25th at 7pm at St marks GAA club, Cookstown road, Springfield, Tallaght D.24! This show will feature a match crowning the first ever MSW tag-team champions! Full bar service and hot food available on the night! Only €10 at the door or group special 5 people €40! To purchase tickets in advance call: 085 749 0505

TandL wrote: »

Good luck! Who else is in the tag match? Do you know any other matches on the card yet?

Charisteas wrote: »
    Good luck! Who else is in the tag match? Do you know any other matches on the card yet?

Thanks Charisteas. I'v no idea who else is in the match. Also on the MSW event page it says the MSW Heavy Weight title is on the line and there will be a Hardcore match too. So its sure to be a good one.

Direct from the MSW Facebook the Tag Team Title match will pit Thunder & Lightening against Big & Dirty, The Hot Shots and NLW's own Philly The Kid & Sammy D.

NLW Star OMEN is also scheduled to be on the show.

• Advertisement

NLW_Info wrote: »
    Direct from the MSW Facebook the Tag Team Title match will pit Thunder & Lightening against Big & Dirty, The Hot Shots and NLW's own Philly The Kid & Sammy D.

NLW Star OMEN is also scheduled to be on the show.

Sounds good, I'll be rooting for Big and Dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

Just to remind people contact www.facebook.com/irishwhipwrestling to ask about training with us!

zurv42.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,816 ✭✭✭deisedude

Is there any Irish promotion that do shows in Galway? Would like to go see one if its near

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭FFPW Office

deisedude wrote: »
    Is there any Irish promotion that do shows in Galway? Would like to go see one if its near

Emerald Wrestling Promotions occasionally do shows in Galway City and the Midlands area. I suggest looking their page up on facebook and asking about future shows. They had a show on Saturday in Offaly I think and it drew over 400 people i think.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mr.Superiority

So, how do we feel about Irish wrestling so far in 2012? Any thoughts on upcoming shows or recent events?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

So, how do we feel about Irish wrestling so far in 2012? Any thoughts on upcoming shows or recent events?

Only really get to see the Pro Wrestling Ulster shows and they have only had 1 this year so far but another is on 26th Feb and cant say a bad word against what i have seen so far.
    they are awesome as always

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

waterford/wexford area?

just curious as i heard there may be one opening up in Waterford but not sure if its only a rumour or not

anybody know?

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭Justin Ternet

I dont know of any schools opening up in waterford but I do know that The Fight Factory in Bray is the longest running and most successful wrestling school in Ireland. Its only up the road on the N11. Im from Kildare myself and its still fairly handy to get to.We also have ladies only training sessions (asuming your username isn't misleading) and regular training on Sundays and Wednesdays. You can look us up on Facebook for more info.

waterford/wexford area?

just curious as i heard there may be one opening up in Waterford but not sure if its only a rumour or not

anybody know?

Hi,

We have a school down in Offaly for the time being but like Justy said I don't believe there is a Waterford/Wexford school

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Love to see more shows down limerick side too

• Advertisement

IwW returned to action this past weekend with the 1rst show & 1rst Sell out of the year! The Supermodel, fresh off appearances on the BBC & TV3, retained his International Heavyweight Championship against TJ Meehan however he could not overcome the former power lifting champion in the Royal Rumble match up! IwW's newest trainee former MMA competitor Stevie Campbell made his debut on the show too with a hard fought loss to Captain Rooney! Thanks to everyone who made this a great weekend back for us :)

Nenagh (200 SELL OUT)

TJ Meehan defeated Salem Soultaker in a #1 Contenders Match

IwW Zero Gravity Champion Skaterboi Jeebus retained his title against Walter Alexander

Captain Rooney overcame the debuting Stevie Campbell

The Supermodel kept his IwW Heavyweight Belt defeating TJ Meehan

TJ Meehan overcame Walter Alexander, Salem Soultaker, Skaterboi Jeebus, Stevie Campbell, Captain Rooney, Mask Boy, Jason Mooney & The Supermodel in a Royal Rumble Match

67kqrk.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭somegirl2009

Hi,

We have a school down in Offaly for the time being but like Justy said I don't believe there is a Waterford/Wexford school

ok, thanks, could you tell me where i can find some information about the wrestling school in Offaly ?

The Supermodel, fresh off appearances on the BBC & TV3, retained his International Heavyweight Championship against TJ Meehan

What was he doing on the BBC and TV3?

Remember seeing him on Take Me Out last year.

@ SOMEGIRL - If you go to this page http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100002350872333 all the details are there & PM for the specifics in regards to exact location, time etc.

@BRIANREGAN - We may be down in Limerick in the next month or two I will PM you if so

@CHARISTEAS - Yes he was on Take Me Out too among other things last year! On BBC he played the part of a gym/fitness instructor in a kids show Roy I believe & on TV3 he was part of 24 Hours To Kill as the murder victim

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Cool ya let me know :)

As we are coming up to the 5 year anniversary of the NLW World Title, I thought some fans might be interested in reading the history of the belt. So below is a complete list of the champions and dates etc. Enjoy.

There have been 15 champions so far. The title has been defended in Ireland, Northern Ireland, France, Germany, Romania, Switzerland and Bulgaria making it a true 'World' Title. In the list below, you'll see some well known names from the likes of WWE such as Rob Van Dam and Rene Dupree. The wrestler with the most reigns is Dunkan Disorderly having held the title 4 times. The current Champion is "Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow, who won the championship in January.

nolimitfront.jpg

1. Dunkan Disorderly
    Defeated Joey Cabray, "All Star" Anthony Idol and Georgie Mac in a 4 Way Match
    04-03-2007
    Dublin, Ireland
    Held Title: 322 Days

2. Shawn Maxer
    Defeated Dunkan Disorderly
    20-01-2008
    Kildare, Ireland
    Held Title: 52 days

3. Jon Heidenreich
    Defeated Shawn Maxer (c) and Shaka in a 3 Way Match
    16-03-2008
    Mayo, Ireland
    Held Title: 26 days

4. Shawn Maxer (2)
    Defeated John Heidenreich
    12-04-2008
    Kildare, Ireland
    Held Title: 340 days

5. Rob Van Dam
    Defeated Shawn Maxer (c) and Sabu in a 3 Way Match
    18-03-2009
    Paris, France
    Held Title: 6 Days

6. Rene Dupree
    Defeated Rob Van Dam
    24-03-2009
    Bordeaux, France
    Held Title: 2 Days

26-03-2009 - Title Vacant

7. Dunkan Disorderly (2)
    Defeated "Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow and Shawn Maxer in a 3 Way Match
    31-08-2009
    Belfast, Northern Ireland
    Held Title: 88 Days

8. Micahel Knight
    Defeated Dunkan Disorderly (c) and Shawn Maxer in a 3 Way Match.
    27-11-2009
    Germany
    Held Title: 2 Days

9. PAC
    Defeated Michael Knight (c) and El Generico in a 3 Way Match
    29-11-2009
    Germany
    Held Title: 9 Days

10. Dunkan Disorderly (3)
    Defeated PAC, Shawn Maxer and Paddy Morrow in a 4 Way Match
    08-12-2009
    Toulouse, France

11. Daivari
    10-11-2010
    Bordeaux, France
    Held Title: 11 Days

12. Shawn Maxer (3)
    Defeated Daivari
    21-11-2010
    Rouen, France
    Held Title: 63 Days

13. Sir Paul Tracey
    Defeated Shawn Maxer
    23-01-2011
    Kildare, Ireland
    Held Title: 244 Days

14. Dunkan Disorderly (4)
    Defeated Sir Paul Tracey
    25-09-2011
    Kildare, Ireland
    Held Title: 119 Days

15. "Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow
    22-01-2012
    Kildare, Ireland

Are there any plans for a third PoetrySlam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 User name 2011

Are there any plans for a third PoetrySlam?

Id love te go to another potry slam

Reminder!!!

Find out at Main stage wrestlings next live show event on February 25th (Tomorrow) at 7pm at St marks GAA club, Cookstown road, Springfield, Tallaght D.24! This show will feature a match crowning the first ever MSW tag-team champions! Full bar service and hot food available on the night! Only €10 at the door or group special 5 people €40! To purchase tickets in advance call: 085 749 0505!

• Advertisement

TandL wrote: »
    Reminder!!!

Find out at Main stage wrestlings next live show event on February 25th (Tomorrow) at 7pm at St marks GAA club, Cookstown road, Springfield, Tallaght D.24! This show will feature a match crowning the first ever MSW tag-team champions! Full bar service and hot food available on the night! Only €10 at the door or group special 5 people €40! To purchase tickets in advance call: 085 749 0505!

What other matches are on the card?

Advertisement