Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Promotions Thread *Please read post 1* (*Mod Warning Post #3947)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MMAIRELANDFAN

IwW would like to thank all the fans who attended all our shows this year. It was without a doubt our busiest year with nearly 70 shows being run throughout Ireland & Northern Ireland (with IwW doing a 101 matches in a stretch of 9 days!). We hope to improve in 2012 & welcome any (constructive) feedback, ideas, suggestions etc that you may have. We will also being running training the weekends we do not have shows so please contact links below if you would like to be a part of IwW. Happy Christmas everyone & have a great New Year.

Been to a good few and they where great

Keep it up

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Sirsok wrote: »
    imo Irish wrestling , despite the efforts of companies and wrestlers, will never have a proper scene........unless a tv slot is secured at least! Even tg4!

It's a sorry state of affairs when people deem women's hurling more exciting than wrestling :o

A weekly TG4 slot to push storylines would be perfect.

Also would like to say thanks to MSW and NLW for putting on some entertaining shows this year and getting me interested in the Irish Wrestling scene. Also thanks for making the effort of bringing over Scotty 2 Hotty.

Really hope you can continue the trend of bringing over a former WWE guy every so often, and also hope that there is another PoetrySlam.

Look forward to seeing yous in 2012, and i'm also going to try and check out an IWW show next year.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Whiplash

I thought it was pretty good & at the very least it wasnt this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h96Lm85g_wM (Nice guys but .....)

OI! i quite enjoyed watching that...and starring in............. :P I cringe every time i see it!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭NLW_Info

leggo wrote: »
    Nah, I don't care enough about wrestling anymore to be bitter about anything! It's just everytime I see these vids pop up, I hope someone has actually gotten creative and done a decent job. Then it's generic rock music, clips of guys wrestling, a voxpop with guys on the roster listing off injuries they've suffered, cheap looking titles and so on. So I decided to comment on it. Nothing against this vid in particular, it's as much of a letdown as the rest!

From both a media and a wrestling standpoint, it's a letdown because that vid hardly tells you anything about FFPW except...it exists. And they didn't even make a big deal of Fergal when they actually got a massive exclusive interview. If I'd never heard of him, I wouldn't know he's one of the biggest wrestlers in the world and that's not his or FFPW's fault.

cheap looking title? :(

313403_272689179429676_167386333293295_940948_863106965_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

NLW_Info wrote: »
    cheap looking title? :(

313403_272689179429676_167386333293295_940948_863106965_n.jpg

Titles - as in the text on-screen. Not wrestling title belts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mr.Superiority

They sure looked like awesome shows. The NLW title match was awesome. Who knew Sammy D could put on a match like that. Anyone else miss Kev MacDermott's blond hair?

Ah now Sammy D has always been one of the best up and comers in Ireland.

And no.... Nobody misses his blonde hair.

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭therickreport

sorry didn't mean no disrespect. i just meant it's sometimes really hard to remember how young he is when he can hold his own against all the older guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jayfazande

I'M TRYING TO FIND ANY INFORMATION ABOUT WHEN AND WHERE IS THE NEXT SHOW. I SAW THEM AT THE TOY SHOW EXPERIENCE AND THEY SAID A SHOW WAS HAPPENING IN JANUARY. BUT I CANT FIND ANY INFO. CAN ANYBODY PLEASE HELP ME. DEC 28TH, 2011

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Shadooby

You should keep an eye on either their FB page or this topic which most/all the irish promotions update with their upcoming shows: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056294295&page=41

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭IWWINFORMATION

PM'd :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭ayatollah

9cd17c67_holy20thread20resurrection.jpg

bombidol wrote: »
    Chris harvard is off the show due to the fact he was signed to the WWF development system.
    "The Anarchist" Doug Williams is Replacing him.

That was Chris Nowinski right? Never knew he (or Doug Williams) were in IWW, that's my one new piece of wrestling trivia learnt for the day :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,431 ✭✭✭the flananator

Charisteas wrote: »
    That was Chris Nowinski right? Never knew he (or Doug Williams) were in IWW, that's my one new piece of wrestling trivia learnt for the day :)

As the post illustrates, Nowinski never ended up wrestling for IWW. Williams was a regular in the early days, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

Wow, a 9 year zombie bump and CAPITAL LETTERS gallore

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Wow, a 9 year zombie bump and CAPITAL LETTERS gallore

Impressive bump of a thread so old, the WWE was still the WWF :eek::p well kudos for the guy actually trying to search for the right thread

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Mr.Superiority

so... what're we hoping to see on the irish wrestling scene in 2012?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 User name 2011

Lots more american tallent coming over scotty 2 hotty and rhino were great shows

• Registered Users Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

no american talent coming over but plenty of irish talent heading to america to get the breaks they deserve

• Advertisement

As the post illustrates, Nowinski never ended up wrestling for IWW. Williams was a regular in the early days, though.

Well the post didn't illustrate that, it just said that he was taken off of that particular show.

Are their any other current WWE or TNA talent that have wrestled for an Irish promotion besides Sheamus, Wade Barrett and Drew McIntyre?

Lots more american tallent coming over scotty 2 hotty and rhino were great shows
    montyrebel wrote: »
    plenty of irish talent heading to america to get the breaks they deserve

+1 to both of these.

After winning a Facebook poll, it has been confirmed that "Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow has earned a title match against NLW Champion Dunkan Disorderly at No Limit Wrestling's New Year Bash on Sunday, 22nd January.

165163_176461005729705_100000974195028_368556_795826_n.jpg
    Suicide Machine Paddy Morrow

310510_255796161129522_100000974195028_756541_1664559575_n.jpg
    Dunkan Disorderly

NLW New Year Bash
    Sunday 22nd January 2012 @ 6pm
    Moat Theatre, Naas, Co. Kildare
    Contact Theatre Box Office for Tickets (045) 88 30 30 or book online at www.Moattheatre.com.
    Tickets €12

Matches confirmed so far for NLW New Year Bash 2012:

NLW World Heavyweight Championship Match:
    Dunkan Disorderly (c) Vs. "Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow

Cruiserweight Match:
    "All Star" Anthony Idol Vs. Tucker

Tag Team Match:
    Sir Paul Tracey & "Scum of the Earth" Robbie Morrissey Vs. Jordan Devlin & Shawn Maxer.
    (This had been previously advertised as a singles bout pitting Morrissey against Devlin. However, we felt adding Maxer and Tracey to this match would make it even more exciting)

Also scheduled to appear:
    -Irish Tag Team Champions Team Mega
    -Omen
    -Bonesaw
    - Philly The Kid
    - And more of the nation's top wrestlers.

NLW New Year Bash
    Sunday 22nd January 2012 @ 6pm
    Moat Theatre, Naas, Co. Kildare
    Contact Theatre Box Office for Tickets (045) 88 30 30 or book online at www.Moattheatre.com.
    Tickets €12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jayfazande

JUST BOUGHT TICKETS FOR THE SHOW TODAY AND MY BOYS ARE REALLY LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING THE SHOW. ALSO GOT THE WWE TICKETS TOO 2DAY SO BROKE. WILL YOU GUYS BE SELLING T-SHIRTS, HOODIES, ETC AT THE GIG. IF SO, IS IT WWE STUFF OR IRISH WRESTLING STUFF. THANKS FOR THE QUICK REPLYS AND BEST OF LUCK NEXT SUNDAY. HOPE THERE IS A GOOD TURNOUT. JAY

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

I'm sure you and your kids will have a great time at the IWW event! Last time I was at an Irish show they sold t-shirts and glossy photos, their own stuff. Also, please TURN YOUR CAPS LOCK OFF. We don't like shouting here :)

This Sunday evening, No Limit Wrestling are back in the Moat Theatre in Naas, Co. Kildare for the annual 'NEW YEAR BASH' show!

In the main event, the most must-see wrestler in Ireland, "Suicide Machine" Paddy Morrow will challenge NLW World Champion Dunkan Disorderly. Many fans feel Morrow is over-looked as a main event player in No Limit Wrestling and campaigned for him to receive this shot. Morrow and Disorderly have become good friends over the past year and both are said to be very excited about facing each other.

Elsewhere on the show, Irish Tag Team Champions Justin Shape and Danny Butler collectively known as Team Mega will face defend the titles against the powerful team of Bonesaw & OMEN. This will certainly be a test for the Tag Champions.

In another tag team bout, "The Lord of the Manor" Sir Paul Tracey teams with "Scum of the Earth" Robbie Morrissey to take on the duo of Jordan Devlin and hometown boy Shawn Maxer, both of whom have recently competed in Japan's Zero-1 promotion.

Plus, after a thrilling match at an NLW event last June, Tucker and "All Star" Anthony Idol have signed up to face each other again. Tucker has one win under his belt against Idol, can he make it 2-0?

All this and much more action takes place THIS SUNDAY January 22nd at the Moat Theatre in Naas, Co. Kildare (less than 30 mins from Dublin)
    Tickets are €12 each on sale now from the Theatre Box Office by calling (045) 883030 or logging onto www.moattheatre.com.

Bell time is 6pm on the night!

297925_261139373917990_167386333293295_899252_1600844707_n.jpg

394180_329057563792837_167386333293295_1120863_2008019568_n.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 wrestlefan101

any1 go to nlw last nite? their facebook says paddy morrow won the title. hes one of the best ive ever seen. so glad for him

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,491 ✭✭✭thebostoncrab

any1 go to nlw last nite? their facebook says paddy morrow won the title. hes one of the best ive ever seen. so glad for him

+1, very well deserved victory. Plus he is in the top three for this years Boards Top 25, could be a double whammy for him :)

Advertisement