Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEERS! 25th June Lafayette Bar

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

And a whole gotta booze!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

And a whole gotta booze!!

Are you already sampling? G is nowhere NEAR L on the keyboard! :D

Fewcifur wrote: »
    Are you already sampling? G is nowhere NEAR L on the keyboard! :D

Im on my phone so it kinda is...

Im on my phone so it kinda is...

Damn... you win... again :o

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

That probably the price of a taxi, temping....
    But the lore of my own place is to much.
    ToniTuddle wrote: »

You must have ticked some funny odd box. Now ye can book the 12 bed dorm for €16 or whatever. Plus if ye stay there it means ye gotta come drink with meeeeeeeeee from about 7. Trying to rope folks into predrinking :D

I'll be at the Reddit Global Meetup Day from early on Saturday is anybody is around and want a drink/food.

http://RedditGifts.com/Meetups/Dublin-Meetup/
    Did someone say pre drinking?

So no New Rocks them :/
    Maguined wrote: »
    Well they are pretty strick on shoes apparently so no cons and no vans I presume so that only leaves dress shoes really, so if in for a penny in for a pound with the suit methinks.

I'm hoping it will be like Capital, they will not let me on a normal night but for the last few Boards beer there, I've told the bouncer I was there if it and was let no questions.
    Solitaire wrote: »
    Then you won't get in :p

If I dressed in my smartest clothes...I still wouldn't get in :(:p

Edit:

ToniTuddle what is your referral code so you will get 5€ credit free.

http://www.grabone.ie/refer-a-friend
    But also just been notified of this----BUY TODAY only so many hours left think it says on the website!

http://www.grabone.ie/dublin/lafayette-cafe-bar-dublin

€10 for 3 Cocktails at Lafayette Café Bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Edit:

ToniTuddle what is your referral code so you will get 5€ credit free.

http://www.grabone.ie/refer-a-friend

This is it!!

<snip>

But think I'll only get the €5 if the person who registers buys something within the first 3 days of registering :/

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Can I have a final clarification on what you need to wear to get into Lafayette? Dress shoes mandatory I guess? What about the rest of you? Would a respectable shirt + trousers/not-blue-jeans get you in or would you be stuck needing a suit or designer stuff??!? :eek:

Text Version of the Menu {Formating is a bit fecked, I fixed some of the cocktail section but not the wine}

http://pastebin.com/k0gRH7WG
    Just posted it in the other thread but here ye go!

Some of them are mad...one even has a bit of toast with it cause it's called Liquid Breakfast :pac:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/cafelafayette/foodmenus/menus/4/original/drinks.pdf?1304943206

http://pastebin.com/k0gRH7WG
    Broken pdf is broken :(

Check your account :pac:
    This is it!!

<snip>

But think I'll only get the €5 if the person who registers buys something within the first 3 days of registering :/

Once you are not wearing a tracksuit and runs you should be fine.

I'll probably be wearing Hoodie/TShirt, black combats and New Rock boots.
    Since I only have one suit and I'm not wearing it to the Reddit Meetup .
    Can I have a final clarification on what you need to wear to get into Lafayette? Dress shoes mandatory I guess? What about the rest of you? Would a respectable shirt + trousers/not-blue-jeans get you in or would you be stuck needing a suit or designer stuff??!? :eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Referral links? For a competitor of Boards Deals? Thanks guys :(:p
    (referral links aren't allowed on Boards in case you didn't know - they're advertising).

The more I read about this LaFayette place, the less inclined I am to want to go. Any place with a "dress code" is an instant turn off for me, so I guess I'll see you all at the Wolfie Beers in July.

It was probably a poor choice of venue alright. But we'll see.

• Advertisement

Shiminay, I think if they give use hassle over dress code we will all just move else where at noted at the start of the thread.

Ah, I thought the ref codes were a grey area since there is a few DropBox ref thread and similar on other sub-forums.
    Shiminay wrote: »
    (referral links aren't allowed on Boards in case you didn't know - they're advertising).

The more I read about this LaFayette place, the less inclined I am to want to go. Any place with a "dress code" is an instant turn off for me, so I guess I'll see you all at the Wolfie Beers in July.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There are some forums where they're allowed and limited to one thread (Health and Fitness I believe and the afore mentioned stuff on Drop Box).

Anyway, I may make an appearance, my boots look reasonably passable for shoes :p

My Reeboks don't :o They look respectable enough from a distance being nice and black, until the light catches that silly little silver stripe on them and reveals the truth :(

Ugh... looks like shoe-shopping for me tomorrow. Which is not fun if you have 8.5D feet! stupid sweatshops trying to save on material by making shoes long and thin!!

Note taken.

If they have a problem with boots as least you will have quality food wear on for kicking them up the whole....
    There are some forums where they're allowed and limited to one thread (Health and Fitness I believe and the afore mentioned stuff on Drop Box).

Anyway, I may make an appearance, my boots look reasonably passable for shoes :p

Has anybody been into this pub?
    Do they act that much like Nazis on the door or are people going by the name/site while tries to make the place look fancy?
    My Reeboks don't :o They look respectable enough from a distance being nice and black, until the light catches that silly little silver stripe on them and reveals the truth :(

Ugh... looks like shoe-shopping for me tomorrow. Which is not fun if you have 8.5D feet! stupid sweatshops trying to save on material by making shoes long and thin!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,310 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=72829376&postcount=713
    I went and had a brief chat with a doorman at the beers venue a while ago, he said that Sat nights are usually busier, therefore stricter with entry. Dresscode is smart to smart-casual (jacket and jeans with shoes is ok for guys, ladies if they want to:p), trainers usually frowned upon (even my black and dark grey k-swiss I had on were a no-no) and the minimum age they like people in there would be 23+...but they will make exception to that rule if there's only 1-2 of a group that are under that age.

Hopefully that'll help some folks.

Ugh. My friend might not be going as she also lacks dress shoes and is even poorer than me :o

Woooops!! I is sorry didn't know :o

Yeah I know it aint the usual Noc thing but it's originally the Gentlemans Club beers and I just spread the word as I want all the nice folks I know over different forums to come to it and amuse me :pac::pac:

But sure it's something different and if ye do decide to pop yer head in that would be great :D
    It was probably a poor choice of venue alright. But we'll see.

Oui! It aint a poor choice of venue....just somewhere different than usual. It's gonna be a grand night. Couple of hours of Kings then all them cocktails be mighty :p
    Ugh. My friend might not be going as she also lacks dress shoes and is even poorer than me :o

Ya don't need dress shoes though(well boys kinda do but girls have more choice)....does she have high heeled boots or thick heeled boots that can go with jeans to make them dressy then throw on a funky top.

Oui! It aint a poor choice of venue....just somewhere different than usual. It's gonna be a grand night. Couple of hours of Kings then all them cocktails be mighty :p

I dunno, strict on age and strict on dress-code = poor venue for a beers for a diverse set of people. It could all be great of course, but as a first choice I'm all like "say whaaat?"

It would probably be a class venue if they get off their high horse once you're in there drinking... it sounds more like the place is highly anti-chav more than anything...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Dress shoes!? I don't even know what they are...

• Advertisement

I dunno, strict on age and strict on dress-code = poor venue for a beers for a diverse set of people. It could all be great of course, but as a first choice I'm all like "say whaaat?"

Well it's a new place which is trying to make a name for itself by not turning into a wino hobbo joint :pac:
    Plus the majority of folks in tGC club are kinda in their 20s and well above and it wasn't a first choice it was voted on in a poll :p Folks want something new!

I simply put the word out so that if others wanna come they can :)
    They aint gonna refuse ones who are under 23 if anyone here is under that age just make sure to go in with ones older. Basically on a Saturday night they don't want the place filled with 18yr olds that's all, they don't mind the odd few. :pac:

Those of us meeting for the Kings game in the hostel beforehand are all about 25 so folks can land in with us.

Just bring ID folks cause they gonna be checking even if ye 30 ye may look fierce young :p

Well Im only 21 and don't wanna risk not getting in so which one of you old folks wantsto chaperone me?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Just bring ID folks cause they gonna be checking even if ye 30 ye may look fierce young :p

I'm only 29 but thanks anyway Tuddle. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

Well Im only 21 and don't wanna risk not getting in so which one of you old folks wantsto chaperone me?

Are you not predrinking some Kings with Tuddles and others in the hostel beforehand?

Anyone but old man Spoony, that's all I'm saying :D

Maguined wrote: »
    Are you not predrinking some Kings with Tuddles and others in the hostel beforehand?

the was the plan, but the bank stole money on me, so I've even less money than i originally thought! Bastids!!
    Anyone but old man Spoony, that's all I'm saying :D

......whyyy?

Yeah if you come to the predrinky then me and others should be heading in together with you :)

If I get in - I'm only 28 and don't have an age card! :eek: Given my luck over the last fortnight betcha it'll be the first time in my life I'm asked for ID :rolleyes:

the was the plan, but the bank stole money on me, so I've even less money than i originally thought! Bastids!!

......whyyy?

Ah, just get some cheeky naggons for pre-drinks and then no doubt people will be randomly buying you drinks in the place. There'll be so many Tuddle cocktails floating about sure :)

Cause Spoony will be 50 and still picking up hot 20 year olds. He has the gift.

Ah, just get some cheeky naggons for pre-drinks and then no doubt people will be randomly buying you drinks in the place. There'll be so many Tuddle cocktails floating about sure :)

Cause Spoony will be 50 and still picking up hot 20 year olds. He has the gift.

I've to somehow pull Saturday off on €30, technically 20 cos tuddles has my voucher, and the has to include the fight link home (yaaay...) its a challenge but i think i can do it!!

Go spoony!!! That's the way it should be!!

• Advertisement

I have faith in your abilities. Plus that Tuddle voucher is for three drinks!

Advertisement