Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BEERS! 25th June Lafayette Bar

Options
  • 08-06-2011 10:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭

This will be my final beers in Dublin for the forseeable future(I'll work something to get to see My Captain Wolfie!) as I'll be flat out in Galway fostering animals and well...simply won't be able to get away as easy. (Though plenty of Galway beers to be had pacman.gif)

As usual, folks at this beers will include hopefully alot of you lovely Noc folks, the TGC forum as well as random other boardsies!

So if you can drag yer arses along excellent! Bring your other halves or friends or random strangers biggrin.gif

The location.

The website in general

As not many folks have been to this place if it turns out to be a bit crappy we shall venture over to Doyles round the corner or wherever the majority of folks wanna go pacman.gif

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

I like to beer :3

I shall try to be in attendance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,727 ✭✭✭reallyrose

I'm in Belfast that weekend! :O Sorry T'tuddles!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭ToniTuddle

Fair play Spoonie! :D

Awww nooooo Rose! I'll give that money to either FewFew or Maggie to pass onto you then so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,247 ✭✭✭Maguined

I like to beer :3

I shall try to be in attendance :)

Tequila!
    reallyrose wrote: »
    I'm in Belfast that weekend! :O Sorry T'tuddles!

A beers with no Rose? But who will keep me in check now?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

Maguined wrote: »
    Tequila!

whoopass.jpg

Ya wanna open it? :cool:

I shall step up to the plate of responsibility, and ensure that we both have a night of quiet, subdued moderation.

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

That's what had me worried...
    I shall step up to the plate of responsibility, and ensure that we both have a night of quiet, subdued moderation.

... but now my fears are put to rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,811 ✭✭✭BaconZombie

I should be able to make it, but I'm sticking to Beer,Cider and Whiskey this time....
    Need to give my body bout 6 months before I can drink Jagr again....

Need to give my body bout 6 months before I can drink Jagr again....

Pft... you used to be coooool man. :p

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Pencil me in as a Maybe :) I had some manner of voucher for that LaFayette place here on my desk somewhere and I've no idea where it's gone - we got a stack of them into the office cause we do a bit of work with the PR agency that was managing the opening etc.

PR company? Opening? This place sounds awwwwfully fancy...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

It only just recently opened, seems a bit on the fancy side alright :)

Kharn wrote: »
    It only just recently opened, seems a bit on the fancy side alright :)

Ugh, but my weekends are for dressing down :( Right, 7 day suit week it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

I fully endorse this product/service.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

Definite maybe again.

And from the look of it things don't seem too formal; just don't turn up in a tracksuit :p I think you can skip the worst of the dress code and the entrance fee if you get in there before 11pm but even then I have a funny feeling that drinks will be expensive there... :o

Galvasean wrote: »

Well if Ash says so then it must be right

I want to remember the full night this time and be able to function the next morning.
    Fewcifur wrote: »
    Pft... you used to be coooool man. :p

There's an evil dead musical? Damn!!

Yeah it might be bit pricey but then again I've no idea we could be pleasantly surprised!
    Yup ya gotta look half decent going in I'd say :pac:

As I said in the other thread if there is any major issues or it's waaaay too pricey we can move on elsewhere. Will be something different for the craic anyway :D

ToniTuddle wrote: »

Yeah it might be bit pricey but then again I've no idea we could be pleasantly surprised!
    Yup ya gotta look half decent going in I'd say :pac:

What implications does this have for those of us who enjoy wearing a hoodie?

Also, good point BZ, last time a whole loada people disappeared... it was spooky!

I remember the 3rd double Jagr bomb in under 25mins, that on top of the Whiskey I was drinking during the day and then Sake at the Japanese restaurant = $SCENE_MISSING

I've been told I was dragged up to "dance" but don't know if that is true :/

*/ Returning to the main topic of ToniTuddle BEERZ!!!! */

We should at least order a ground of fancy drinks;
    I know I want a top-shelf whiskey in a large tulip-shaped glasses.

Also, good point BZ, last time a whole loada people disappeared... it was spooky!

• Advertisement

They will just have to throw on any ole shirt or half decent top instead :p
    Think basically as long as you aint wearing runners or a tracksuit you should be ok :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

What!? I can't wear my runners!? **** this! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

I think i should be able to make this! this place seems very fancy for a noc beers but how and ever....i do like beer!

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    What!? I can't wear my runners!? **** this! :pac:

Boy! You gonna be there.

No excuses :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I'm going to be in Canadialand! Emotions are mixed; :( to missing yet another noc gathering but, y'know.....Canada.

:)

jokettle wrote: »
    I'm going to be in Canadialand! Emotions are mixed; :( to missing yet another noc gathering but, y'know.....Canada.

Hmmm... I always wanted to go to Canada, it looks lovely, so on this one occasion I shall not morn for oo jokettle.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,419 ✭✭✭✭jokettle

I'm going for a work thing, if that helps in the sympathy stakes?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 18,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭Solitaire

They will just have to throw on any ole shirt or half decent top instead :p
    Think basically as long as you aint wearing runners or a tracksuit you should be ok :pac:

Shirt - easy :)
    Runners - not so easy :(

My black runners are the only pair of shoes I own that aren't falling to bits :o

Canada....awesome! Take plenty photos and show us all so we can be even more jealous :p
    Solitaire wrote: »
    Shirt - easy :)
    Runners - not so easy :(

My black runners are the only pair of shoes I own that aren't falling to bits :o

Wait....you're a dude? :eek: Ooops I thought you had lady bits and was a lady :pac:

Well easy solution is walk in with others and that way the can't refuse you entry plus if ye walking in with folks make one stand in front of ye and one behind then ya covered :D

• Advertisement

I'm going for a work thing, if that helps in the sympathy stakes?

Not really, that means it's probably paid for and they'll arrange lots of fun receptions and stuff, where you can choose to absorb the knowledge of your elders or get super drunk with your peers. Nice. :)
    Canada....awesome! Take plenty photos and show us all so we can be even more jealous :p

Wait....you're a dude? :eek: Ooops I thought you had lady bits and was a lady :pac:

Well easy solution is walk in with others and that way the can't refuse you entry plus if ye walking in with folks make one stand in front of ye and one behind then ya covered :D

Yes, but this time if you're taking photos, make sure you capture actual animals and stuff. Just because something is easier to photo does not make it better :p

Soli is a dude?! Damn, so much time wasted grooming and complimenting her advanced tournament reasoning skills! What a fool I am!

Ah sure don't worry, it can't possibly be that fancy a bar, and sure it probably won't even have doormen before 11. Tis grrrrand.

Advertisement