Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Zilch on €3,900.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Negative_G

No win today unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

€50 win today on €25k

Last win: €50 on 17th April 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

WhiteMan32 wrote: »
    €50 win today on €25k

Last win: €50 on 17th April 2015

out of interest how much in total have u won on 25k and since when??

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

eamonn147 wrote: »
    out of interest how much in total have u won on 25k and since when??

3 X €50 on 25k since Dec 2014

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 16/05/15: €0
    Last win 20 March 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1900

• Registered Users Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

Winnings this week: €0
    Total winnings since Nov 2014 on €50: €0

one day, one day... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭diceyreilly

I put my bond numbers in the bond checker thingy and nothing appeared. Not, not a winner nothing.
    I presume I've not won anything but can someone who has won summit confirm what it says when you've won. And does it just say nothing when nothing has been won.
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭gsi300024v

It seems prize bonds are the perfect way to keep people investing and staying in.
    Two best psychological reward methods.
    1 varied time gaps for reward.
    2 Varied amounts of reward.
    They are the best ways to keep people interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

1 win March, nothing April, nothing to date May :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

and nothing again today - what a waste for the last 8 weeks :(:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement

Nothing on €3,900. Yawn.

Thargor wrote: »
    Hard to say I didnt keep good records, I was doing well on 25k for a long time in college, usually a €75 or €50 when they reduced it waiting for me at home when I went home from college every 3 weeks or so, then cashed all that in.

A year ago I put 15k in and increased that to 30k just as they reduced their prizes, Ive only one twice on that money so a pathetic performance.

Unscientific but there were winners in this thread every week until they reduced the amount of prizes being given out and then there was nothing, people just stopped winning overnight.
    True

I put my bond numbers in the bond checker thingy and nothing appeared. Not, not a winner nothing.
    I presume I've not won anything but can someone who has won summit confirm what it says when you've won. And does it just say nothing when nothing has been won.
    Thanks
    Hi. It lists the bond number(s) and the amount won on each bond.

There's also a big banner that says "Congratulations!" :p

Winnings on 22/05/15: €0

• Registered Users Posts: 485 ✭✭Lombardo86

pbwinner wrote: »
    Winnings on 22/05/15: €0

excuse my ignorance - i noticed the thread and can't go back through four years of pages!

How does this work?

Based on your post above - are you out of pocket nearly 23k?? How long do the bonds go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    Based on your post above - are you out of pocket nearly 23k?? How long do the bonds go for?
    Lol no, he has €26900.

Lombardo86 wrote: »
    excuse my ignorance - i noticed the thread and can't go back through four years of pages!

How does this work?

Winnings are 1900 on 25K.

Bonds go on for as long as you want.

and nothing again today - what a waste for the last 8 weeks :(:(:(:(:(

Nothing ......again :(:(:(:(:(:(:

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭rudders

Would it be feasible to invest 4k into prize bonds? Obviously the opportunity cost would be losing out on the interest the bank would give you for it. Also if I decide to cash in on my bonds is it relatively easy or is it hassle?

Winnings on 29/05/15: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1950

• Advertisement

rudders wrote: »
    Would it be feasible to invest 4k into prize bonds? Obviously the opportunity cost would be losing out on the interest the bank would give you for it. Also if I decide to cash in on my bonds is it relatively easy or is it hassle?
    The purpose of this thread is to give an indication (insofar as that's possible) in seeing how does investing money in PBs perform. Since it's a lottery, you could win €1,000,000 tomorrow on the minimum purchase of €25. There's no way to know. I've had €25k in for almost 4 years and my winnings have come to €1950. I was getting €50 at least once - usually twice - a month for ages, but due to recent structure changes to the PB fund, they have practically stopped, as you can see if you review the posts.

So asking about the "feasibility" doesn't make sense in the context of PBs. You need to keep them for a few months after you buy the PBs, but there is no hassle cashing them afterwards.

rudders wrote: »
    Its feasible to invest anything over €25, its not a hassle, get a bankdraft, fill out a form in the post office, they send everything off and your bonds come in the post a week or 2 later. The money will be frozen for the first 3 months. After that its just a matter of sending off the cash out form in the post office, wait a week or two, they'll deposit it in your bank account. Its just not worth it though, I have my 30k emergency fund parked in there and I dont win anything anymore, you need to be up in the 100k club to see a regular income I think, some good graphs and explanations in this thread I made recently on another board:

http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=64463&sid=9e5da13179cf87e588e0e6a7aa372e99

The minute I see a better place to park savings long term Ill be done with PBs forever.

I am thinking about putting it in a high dividend company like HSBC but you have to pay 33% CGT on top of the currency change and the risk of being exposed to markets etc, its a bad time for savers.

Thargor wrote: »
    you need to be up in the 100k club to see a regular income I think, some good graphs and explanations in this thread I made recently on another board:

http://www.thepropertypin.com/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=64463&sid=9e5da13179cf87e588e0e6a7aa372e99
    I'm in that club (just about) and have won €50 since 6th March. Was winning €50 two or three times a month before change in prize fund.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Winnings from today's draw - €50
    Last win - €50 - 17/4/15

I'm in that club (just about) and have won €50 since 6th March. Was winning €50 two or three times a month before change in prize fund.
    Thats ridiculous, as I said, Im gone the minute anything better comes along.

Nothing again.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭zac8

I've 100k too and since the beginning of this year I've won €250. Last win was €50 on April 24th.

Another week and nothing.

PBs over ten years old now and not one winning bond - I think I will just cash in my bonds and be done with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

No. Thanks Prize Bonds and goodbye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 silversun pickup

Hi i recently purchased prize bonds and upon registering them and checking them online it said there are unclaimed prizes in the the number range i purchased. since the prize bonds are only 2 months old how is this possible any ideas?

Advertisement