Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

shuyin1 wrote: »
    Nada still
    Let me win 1 prize so I can call it quits haha
    20k - no wins

when did you invest in prizebonds you are a bit unlucky as 20k is allot of bonds not to win a prize??

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

eamonn147 wrote: »
    when did you invest in prizebonds you are a bit unlucky as 20k is allot of bonds not to win a prize??
    Started at 8k in sept 14, up to 14k oct ish then 20k in around feb.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,391 ✭✭✭✭mikom

The cousin has 25,000 in prize bonds and said she has not had a win since last October.
    Even then I think it was only a 50 euro win or I would have heard about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Chucked in another €300 this morning, now up to €3,900.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(This is getting so bad .....:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement

:( no wins today roll on next week :D

keep the faith lorenzo hope you get a win soon ..

Zilch again.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 01/05/15: €0
    Last win 20 March 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1900

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dosebier

cashed in most of my chips as needed the cash.
    will buy more on the drip but probably wont win anything for a while now

how much did you catch out

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,883 ✭✭✭✭Spanish Eyes

I cannot find my prize bonds. What do I do if say I win a big amount? Hee Hee.

Got a schedule off Fexco last year with all the numbers and that. But I cannot find the actual bonds. House move disaster! They are somewhere, but I don't know where.

So can anyone advise?

Got a schedule off Fexco last year with all the numbers and that. But I cannot find the actual bonds. House move disaster! They are somewhere, but I don't know where.

So can anyone advise?

Ring them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

I cannot find my prize bonds.

They are somewhere, but I don't know where.

So can anyone advise?

Have you emptied all the suitcases yet, the attic is always a good place to check, what about the letters press beside the microwave in the kitchen, so many possibilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭Cute Hoor

So can anyone advise?

To be serious....

You do not need the actual bonds if you are a winner (well for the smaller amounts anyway), they will just send the cheque (once they have the right address for you). The problem would arise if you want to cash them, they would probably want the actual bonds then, ring them is the best bet.

No win since August last, on nearly €8k worth of bonds - longest dry spell in years

how much did you catch out

Hi Eamon147,
    about 9k - didnt do too bad
    be a long time before i get that amount saved again though

on 9k how much of a return did you get and in what time frame out of interesrt??

on 9k how much of a return did you get and in what time frame out of interesrt??

cant work it out exactly, as i didnt have that much over the full time period (3 years) - had steadily built it up
    overall got about 250 euro - 5 wins in total

:(:(:(This is getting so bad .....:(:(:(:(
    and again today :(:(:(:(

Nothing.

I'll give it until Xmas. If I get nothing, I'm withdrawing everything..

nothing today either :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Im pretty much done with PBs now aswell, will have another 15k tranche ready after my next payslip to bring my holding up to 45k but Im just not winning anything anymore so Ill probably just give up and look for something else, any suggestions welcome. Or I might leave 50k in PBs for 5-6 months and use it as a deposit on an apartment depending on what prices do.

Thargor out of interest how much have you won in prizebonds and over what period of time..Im relatively new to PBs myself and thought id have won more my now

Hard to say I didnt keep good records, I was doing well on 25k for a long time in college, usually a €75 or €50 when they reduced it waiting for me at home when I went home from college every 3 weeks or so, then cashed all that in.

A year ago I put 15k in and increased that to 30k just as they reduced their prizes, Ive only one twice on that money so a pathetic performance.

Unscientific but there were winners in this thread every week until they reduced the amount of prizes being given out and then there was nothing, people just stopped winning overnight.

Thargor wrote: »

Unscientific but there were winners in this thread every week until they reduced the amount of prizes being given out and then there was nothing, people just stopped winning overnight.

Absolutely right - sadly:(

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭goose06

Another 50 today, that's €100 on 1k in the last few months, good returns for me :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

goose06 wrote: »
    Another 50 today, that's €100 on 1k in the last few months, good returns for me :-)
    The exception to the rule.

Always 1 :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Another win today of €50. Quite happy considering I've been 'in' a little over three months. I've already exceeded the amount of interest(after DIRT) that I earned in a leading 6 month term account with the same investment amount.

With some luck I'll have a few more winners.

Total winnings since February 2015: €200
    Last win: 17th April 2015 (1 x €50)

How much did you invest to win €200 in 3 months?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Negative_G

Thargor wrote: »
    How much did you invest to win €200 in 3 months?

I have €50k worth.

• Advertisement

and again today :(:(:(:(

1 win March, nothing April, nothing to date May :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

Advertisement