Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Essex Man

hi pb winner , did you win anything last friday 19th june ? i'm waiting for you to hit 2000euro after 4 long years . i have 40k invested since jan 2015 , results so far , zero, zilch, nothing, nil, 00.00

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

nothing this week :(
    €50 this week. I could do with the million ....:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Winnings from today's draw - €50
    Last win €50 on 29th May, 2015.

For those of you who enjoy the nano maths, you can compute this in the blink of an eye to evaluate the classical returns: For the full half year Jan-June my winnings amounted to €300 on my holding of 60K P.Bs. 'Clean' comments only please!

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

I have bonds for a year now nearly and not a bean! €3,900 worth for the last few months and nothing.Guess that is the way it goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Essex Man wrote: »
    hi pb winner , did you win anything last friday 19th june ? i'm waiting for you to hit 2000euro after 4 long years . i have 40k invested since jan 2015 , results so far , zero, zilch, nothing, nil, 00.00
    Nope! Sorry I see that I wrote "12/06/15" on the post on that day, it should have been '19/06/15'

• Advertisement

Winnings on 26 June 2015: €0
    Last win 29 May 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1950

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

i have 20 k worth since december and have won 150 euro on a batch of bonds to the value of 6300 the other 13k not a bean..but who is to say the million euro winner today hasn't had bonds for years without wins, its based on the day..I am tempted to save my money and gain a bit of interest i will not be happy if ive no other wins by december 15..

half year results jan-june 1915 , 40k invested, returns nil .

any suggestions about where to put my 40 grand ? ! ! !

er, that should have read 2015 , doh !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

half year results jan-june 1915 , 40k invested, returns nil .

any suggestions about where to put my 40 grand ? ! ! !
    er, that should have read 2015 , doh !!!

I was too slow I was going to suggest you invest the money in war bonds.

• Advertisement

ha ha , that was a good suggestion, my3cents , i have a better one , a pint of g
    guinness costs 4 euro, so 40k would give me 10,000 pints of the black stuff, at least
    i'd be getting a return !

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

no winner today unless prizefund improves by the end of the year im out..getting sick of it now

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

If you're chasing a million, go play the lotto :pac:

I'll be moving to a Reg saver by the end of year. Get at least €50 a year with one of those, so might set up 2 :P

Winnings on 03 July 2015: €0

eamonn147 wrote: »
    no winner today unless prizefund improves by the end of the year im out..getting sick of it now
    Yes, I agree. The changes they made to the prize fund structure makes winning anything virtually impossible now.

Winnings today - Nil
    Last win €50 on 26 June, 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

I'm out too, there is something dodge going on with them I think, hardly anyone is getting a thing these days.. I have 4k invested and not a bean for a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 916 ✭✭✭1hnr79jr65

pbwinner wrote: »
    Winnings on 03 July 2015: €0

An average yield return of 2.6% PA, not bad compared to most savings interest rates i suppose.

Do you have to pay any taxes such as DIRT on the winnings from bonds ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

No

• Registered Users Posts: 12,005 ✭✭✭✭L'prof

An average yield return of 2.6% PA, not bad compared to most savings interest rates i suppose.

I'd be interested in what does figures are like since the changes were implemented.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Negative_G

DIRT isn't applicable for prize bond winnings.

€50 this week. I could do with the million ....:rolleyes:

nothing 3/7/2015 :(

nothing 3/7/2015 :(

nor today :(

No win today 10/7/2015
    Last win €50 on 26th June, 2015

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭carrickbawn

I have all my savings invested in prize bonds and have been following this thread with interest..About 2 and a half years ago my lifes savings matured and rates were dropping so as a short term move i put it all in bonds..
    I was pleasantly surprised to find that my returns matched the going rates and loved checking on a friday in hope of good news,and there usually was.There was rarely a week I did not win 50 and sometimes 2 or even 3 50s in one draw,
    Fast forward to now and there is rarely anything,maybe a 50 every 3 or 4 weeks.Its abysmal.
    So hope 1 of you out there has some ideas where to move it to that might provide a better return.Pity the drop in prizes was so drastic. What was a good experience has now just become a dissapointment most fridays,,,Dont even check now sometimes...

I was pleasantly surprised to find that my returns matched the going rates and loved checking on a friday in hope of good news,and there usually was.There was rarely a week I did not win 50 and sometimes 2 or even 3 50s in one draw,
    Fast forward to now and there is rarely anything,maybe a 50 every 3 or 4 weeks.Its abysmal.

Sounds familiar. In my case, it's months between €50s now ....:(:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Negative_G

No wins here either and its been a month now, hopefully this isn't a trend that will continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

€50 this week (first win in over a year)

last Win June 2014 - €50
    Total wins since Dec 2010 - €425
    Current investment €8500

L'prof wrote: »
    I'd be interested in what does figures are like since the changes were implemented.
    I posted a graph a little while back showing the effect.

• Advertisement

I have all my savings invested in prize bonds and have been following this thread with interest..About 2 and a half years ago my lifes savings matured and rates were dropping so as a short term move i put it all in bonds..
    So hope 1 of you out there has some ideas where to move it to that might provide a better return.Pity the drop in prizes was so drastic. What was a good experience has now just become a dissapointment most fridays,,,Dont even check now sometimes...
    100% the same with myself. The graph I posted a while back shows just how drastic was the effect of the changes they made to the prize bond structure.

Advertisement