Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

€25k invested in prize bonds

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭lorenzo87

Zilch, Nada on a €3,600 Investment.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 582 ✭✭✭sleepyheadh

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    Zilch, Nada on a €3,600 Investment.

at least if you had the money sitting at home, it could be gathering dust!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ABC101

I've set up a account with Linked Finance.com

Just small amounts of money being loaned out... 100 euro at a time.

I'm loaning at a rate of around 10% / annum, loan term 3 years.

I am starting to enjoy it... as I am helping local business / SME sector get a loan rate lower than the banks.

In addition I am .... along with lots of other people... actively eating into an area which was the domain of the banks. So the more people who get into it.... the more we degrade the market share of the main banks.

I realise... this is the PB thread... but if you are looking at other options and can afford to put money away for 3 years, then Linked Finance or other croud funding for SME's might suit you.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,832 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

ABC101 wrote: »
    I've set up a account with Linked Finance.com

Just small amounts of money being loaned out... 100 euro at a time.

I'm loaning at a rate of around 10% / annum, loan term 3 years.

I am starting to enjoy it... as I am helping local business / SME sector get a loan rate lower than the banks.

In addition I am .... along with lots of other people... actively eating into an area which was the domain of the banks. So the more people who get into it.... the more we degrade the market share of the main banks.

I realise... this is the PB thread... but if you are looking at other options and can afford to put money away for 3 years, then Linked Finance or other croud funding for SME's might suit you.

what kind of security is there on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭ABC101

Seve OB wrote: »
    what kind of security is there on that?

Security on anything? For a 10% ROI.... what security would you expect?

I would imagine... by diversifing into different sectors across different companies... is a good strategy, i.e. 1000euro lent in 10 chunks, to ten different companies, across ten differnt sectors of business is a fairly good diversification.

It is not the same as a bond. There is a capital repayment amount... and a interest payment amount.... just like a mortgage.

So for 100e lent for 36 months... after 12 months... 33 euro has already been repaid....as well as interest earned.

Therefore as the time frame continues... your exposure reduces.

The economy is growing in Ireland.... so again the risk of losing money is reduced somewhat.

The problem with Prizebonds... is that your money is guaranteed to lose value with inflation, or foreign exchange movements, the euro is down 22% against the US $ since last July.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭FoolsGold1

Winnings from today - €50
    Last win 16/1/15 - €150 (3 x €50)

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭eamonn147

50 euro win today:)
    selfish to be disappointed but the minimum prize should be greater than 50 quid..

interesting to note my three (50 euro) wins have been on a set of bonds at 6300 euro. have 20k in total but noting else on the two sets of bonds, so it is the luck of the draw in reality..

Technically since december ive won 150 on 6300 euro a pretty good return so far..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,338 ✭✭✭Negative_G

€50 win today on €50k.

Total winnings since February 2015: €150
    Last win: Feb 13th (2 x €50)

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭WhiteMan32

€50 win today on €25k.

Last win: €50 on 19th Dec 2014

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

Zero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 17/4/15: €0
    Last win 20 March 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1900

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dosebier

nothing today for me, but suppose cant complain seeing as I got 50 last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,835 ✭✭✭daheff

ABC101 wrote: »
    Security on anything? For a 10% ROI.... what security would you expect?

I would imagine... by diversifing into different sectors across different companies... is a good strategy, i.e. 1000euro lent in 10 chunks, to ten different companies, across ten differnt sectors of business is a fairly good diversification.

It is not the same as a bond. There is a capital repayment amount... and a interest payment amount.... just like a mortgage.

So for 100e lent for 36 months... after 12 months... 33 euro has already been repaid....as well as interest earned.

Therefore as the time frame continues... your exposure reduces.

Just to be clear on this, your ROI is not 10%. Roughly speaking over the life of this investment you would earn approx 16 EUR (over 3 years), so annualised its more like 5%. This is due to principal repayments each month. If there were no principal repayments then you would get an ROI of 10% annualised.

While this 5% is better than what you would get in the bank, is the extra risk worth it? Personally looking at some of the projects on these P2P sites I'd say no.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Still yet to receive my DD prizebonds for April.

Bit of a joke at this stage.....

Tried contacting them through the website but that just leads to an error. Typical.

Sent an email to Service@StateSavings.ie, so hopefully see what the hold up is.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭lotsoftens

Taylor365 wrote: »

They just forward it on to the prizebonds section which took a few days last time i contacted them....try them directly at PrizeBonds@fexco.com as that was the email that i heard back from after...you might get a response quicker that way.

Tried contacting them through the website but that just leads to an error. Typical.

Why don't you just ring them? :confused:

That's what I did, took 30 seconds.

lorenzo87 wrote: »
    Why don't you just ring them? :confused:

That's what I did, took 30 seconds.
    Well, lo and behold, there she was staring back at me when i got home from work yesterday.

Issued on the 16th...

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭pbwinner

Winnings on 24/4/15: €0
    Last win 20 March 2015: €50
    Total winnings since Feb 2011 on €25k: €1900

no wins today:mad:
    whoever won the million got some return

• Advertisement

ZILCH.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

:(:(:(Not a single win in the whole month of April and only €50 in the month of March.

€1 million winner was a relatively recent bond - nice one!

Well, lo and behold, there she was staring back at me when i got home from work yesterday.

Issued on the 16th...

Wow! Some people have all the luck. :) So I suppose she was good-looking too. Anyway, best wishes.

No luck today, 24/4/15
    Last win 17/4/15 - €50

:(:(:(Not a single win in the whole month of April and only €50 in the month of March.

€1 million winner was a relatively recent bond - nice one!

how recent this year like that is some return.. in all sincerity what is the likelyhood of winning a big prize with 338 million individual bonds in circulation???

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭jrmb

Still no wins for me. I'm a month away from being able to cash them all in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,052 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

eamonn147 wrote: »
    how recent this year

It's YK........

I bought YF........ in mid-Dec 2014 but none of the recipients of my Christmas gifts live in Wexford so no chance of me getting a few bob!

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭Mormegil

eamonn147 wrote: »
    how recent this year
    It's YK........

Probably issued in Mid to Late Jan, it was up to YR........ by early Feb.

Nothing for me this week, last win June 2014.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭dosebier

nothing for me this week either :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭shuyin1

Nada still
    Let me win 1 prize so I can call it quits haha
    20k - no wins

Advertisement